TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RavishingRickRudo

LOST

Yeah, but it was still showing stuff after the crash on the island, so it didn't count as a real flashback. I'm just coming to hate the flashforwards more with every passing episode. They ruin too much tension telling you definitely who's going to live and get off the island, and I'm not a big fan of "OMG did you see what happens In Teh Future, how will we get there?" Blah. It's storytelling based on plot twists instead of actual plot.

I'll admit that I was wrong, and fucked up the chronology of what happened ...

but will amend my statement to "the show's already shown us that Michael can't be killed until his work 'for the island' is done, and it's not done yet".

Or, and more simply: "niskie hates the flash-forwards, and looks for reasons to bitch about them"

EDIT: I just read Jingus' post from right before mine. Jingus, that was well-put.

This to me was far and away the best LOST of the season, if not ever.

From that interview with the writers we knew they weren't explaining Jacob or the Island, and yet somehow they gave us just enough to wonder about while not making it headache inducing.

Richard may be the most awesome character ever. The scene with young Locke and him choosing items was just a fucking epic scene that did more for Locke's character than any other episode.

To me, Claire's not dead, if it was from the rocket hitting the house, she would of been acting weird after that, not just last night... and neither is Christian. He may have died, but he's not dead now.

And moving the island!? You know this has something to do with Widmore telling Ben he'll "find the island" in that flashfoward after this entire season has been about him finding the Island.

I just though it was amazing how well they juggled Island story with the freighter/war arc. Christians line about "those questions will be answered but right now there's only one question Locke needs to ask" was just great.

I don't know, to me this is what Lost is all about, I liked this episode a little more than The Constant, and I hope the rest of the season follows suit.

I'll admit that I was wrong, and fucked up the chronology of what happened ...

but will amend my statement to "the show's already shown us that Michael can't be killed until his work 'for the island' is done, and it's not done yet".

Or, and more simply: "niskie hates the flash-forwards, and looks for reasons to bitch about them"

EDIT: I just read Jingus' post from right before mine. Jingus, that was well-put.

Michaels work is, for all purposes, done. He was there to get info for Ben and that's what he did.

I really enjoyed the nervous way that Keamy asked "Does Benjamin Linus know my name?".

They mentioned on Lostpedia that it was similar to the selection process of the Dhali Lhama. Did you read it there?

No. I watched KunDun in college and it clicked with me.

I don't visit Lostpedia. I know I'd get stuck reading it for hours on end.

So next week basically begins the season finale because although it's 3 hours over two (three with the break in the middle) weeks - it's essentially the same episode.

Exciting. Now the shit is really going to go down.

Interesting to note that in the past it appears that Matthew Abbadon was trying to influence Locke on behalf of the island with the Walkabout suggestion but in the future he's working against it due to his relationship with Widmore. Wonder if something happened that turned him?

Or maybe Team Widmore knew that Team Island had their eye on Locke and were trying to sway him over to their side. Didn't the Hatian say that Locke would "owe him one?"

So next week basically begins the season finale because although it's 3 hours over two (three with the break in the middle) weeks - it's essentially the same episode.

That shot in the preview of them

about to walk off a plane or boat

is going to be huge. Looks like we find out what happens to the non-Oceanic 6 by the end of the season, but where does that put us for Season 5?

That shot in the preview of them

about to walk off a plane or boat

is going to be huge. Looks like we find out what happens to the non-Oceanic 6 by the end of the season, but where does that put us for Season 5?

There will still be things happening on the island between those left behind and Widmore and such, plus also how Jack falls deeper into whatever made him decide to go back to the island. Season 6 will probably be everybody back on the island for all kinds of crazy shenanigans.

Expected, but it's nice to see confirmation:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/conten...0e35608c75f9342

ABC has found more hours for the final two seasons of "Lost."

The 2009 and 2010 editions of the hit drama will be 17 hours each -- not 16 as previously planned.

ABC has added two hours to the show's production plan because the WGA strike knocked three hours out of the current season. To partly compensate, the network recently added an additional hour to Part 2 of the season finale that airs May 29.

All told, the changes will wrap up the show with the same number of episodes that producers and ABC negotiated last year.

"We were supposed to do 16-16-16," "Lost" co-creator Damon Lindelof said. "But we ended up doing 14 this season, so we owe two."

Lindelof, however, ruled out the show extending beyond the remaining 34-episode order.

"(Executive producer) Carlton Cuse and I worked so hard to get the show to end that I think to suddenly say, 'Oh, I think we got another season in us' would be a betrayal to everybody involved in the show -- but most of all the audience," he said. "It's better to retire your number at the top of your game."

For the upcoming season finale, Lindelof promised a more action-driven cliffhanger instead of the mind-bending flash-forward time shift that stunned fans last season.

"The finale this year will not be as tricky as last year," he said. "Hopefully, this year it's a little bit more of a straightforward action-adventure narrative. But the ending of the episode will hopefully engage and intrigue people looking forward to the next season of the show."

Lindelof declined to say whether the flash forwards will continue, but did leave open the possibility of the show's main story line on the island catching up with the flash forwards that have taken place on the mainland this season.

"It's very exciting that the audience is going to be wondering when is the present going to be (next season)," he said. "We've moved backward in time, now we've moved forward in time. The present of the show has always been on the island -- that may not necessarily be the case in the future."

When it comes time to air the series finale in 2010, Lindelof said he and Cuse plan to "go into hiding for many, many months" at an "undisclosed location."

"David Chase set a great example when he went off to Paris after 'The Sopranos' ending, which is great because all these people are going to be asking, 'What does it mean? What is it?' " he said. "The fact that there's no one really around to answer that question, it forces people to come up with what they think it means. We can guarantee our show will not end with a cut to black, it will be more clear than that. But whenever anything you love ends ... there's a certain disappointment."

So, reading on Lostpedia it's confirmed that the symbol on the secondary protocol papers that Keamy had is the same one that Ben had on had on his jacket a few weeks back. Pretty obvious at this point that it's for The Orchid which, I imagine is what Locke is supposed to use to "move the island."

I really, really hope we see more of Abbadon in season five because I am very curious to see what happened to him on his Walkabout.

Oh, 100%.

Somebody at the TWOP forums brought up an interesting theory that Locke dooms everybody on the island because after the Oceanic Six depart he "moves" it, thus ruining any chance of rescue for the rest of them. Also, Aint It Cool News posted some spoiler info regarding the finale, not sure if it'll pan out but......

Apparently we'll be getting a flash-forward that will focus on the funeral of Christian Shephard.

I don't know. How could they know what the smoke monster was or how to protect themselves from it? Maybe it protects him from the space/time anomalies. That's not any more realistic... eh.

A coworker of mine referenced that she thought that it was a Smoke Monster deterrent. I disagreed, as I don't think of Keamy as being the kind of guy to use sound waves; he seems more of a guns-a-blazin' kind of guy that would use might more than mind.

Having said that, though, and it contradicts what I just said: I presumed at the time that it was somehow noting the pulse of his heart, and would trigger something drastic if/when his heart stopped. Kind of like a bomb that would be triggered by his death.

Then again, I'm also the one that fucked up the chronology of Michael's existence, so it goes without saying that I'm not that bright

Man, that was a mindfuck of an episode.

I'm starting to think that Locke is actually potentially one of the "prizes" up for grabs here. Notice that Richard seemed to desire Locke following a path of peace and thoughtfulness...Locke taking the knife (showing aggression) was seen as very bad to him. Then later he wanted him to join Science camp, to be a geek. Yet later still, there's Abbadon, telling Locke, essentially, to go be violent. Go hunt and kill. Remember too, he seemed very focused on finding out if anyone survived the plane crash...maybe Locke is the only one he's really after.

I think that Locke's state of mind is going to play a big part in the coming events, and both sides here want Locke to be on theirs for unknown reasons. If Locke has decided to be a thinker and a leader, then things will go one way, but if he has decided to be the hunter, then things will go another.

Also, Locke being important since birth makes me think he has more in common with Aaron and Walt then previously known.

It's a bit weird that in last weeks episode Hurley tells Jack that Aaron wasn't meant to be raised by him but this week he's away from Claire and apparently "exactly where he should be."

Having said that, though, and it contradicts what I just said: I presumed at the time that it was somehow noting the pulse of his heart, and would trigger something drastic if/when his heart stopped. Kind of like a bomb that would be triggered by his death.

I think you're right on the money with that one. Notice how he raised his arms, when the Captain had the gun on him, to reveal the device. As if to say, kill me, and you die too.

When Abbadon showed up and we hadn't seen his face yet, I thought it might be time-travely Walt, because of the way he called him "Mr. Locke."

I was puzzled as to why Richard freaked when Locke chose the knife as a child, but later when Ben and Locke had that little 'I'm not like you' aside, it struck me that the knife isn't Locke's...it's Ben's. Locke is not the one who will brandish the sword and kill for the sake of the island. The knife belongs to Ben...he is the blunt instrument of death. Locke is a survivor, maybe even a savior.

Sign in to follow this