TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RavishingRickRudo

LOST

I loved the ending montage showing all the different situations the survivors in -- the music was perfect.

Hey, there's something I'd forgotten about that I'm glad they don't do very much anymore: the end-of-show music video montages that they seemed to end every frigging episode with back in the first season. It got so bad with them that they even made fun of it with the episode where it turned out the music was something Hurley was listening to on his cd player and it suddenly stopped when the batteries died, but they still did the montages frequently even for a while after that.

Also, anyone else catch Sawyer calling the Others' village "New Otherton"? Heh. That's gotta be the influence from the former Whedon employees on the staff, back on Buffy and Angel they commonly the fans' internet in-jokes about the shows and write them into the scripts.

After reading the spoilers from last years Finale I'm just gona stay away.

I read it too and I hated it watching the episode seeing everything happen as I knew it would.

Really looking forward to the finale. Locke and Ben have been this season's saving grace.

For the first time in a long time I was thinking about the season 3 casket again.

Glad to see The Others back, even though all but Richard are faceless people that I don't know. Seriously, what have they been doing this whole time?

I still say Jin doesn't die.

Agreed. I wouldn't be shocked if his death was faked and he was doing dirty work for Ben like Sayid is

Well someone's gotta die. Seriously, we can't have a finale this hyped without any main character deaths. I'm voting for Jin and Michael taking the dirt nap (along with Claire, who's already dead, IMO).

I'd miss Claire if she died. Other than Sun she's the only female character I care about.

I don't know what to think about next season. If they're going half island and half flash forwards with Jack trying to get back...ehhhhh. The most interesting stuff is on the island.

I am glad they realized after season 2 that the flashback scenes were going on way too long

I'd miss Claire if she died. Other than Sun she's the only female character I care about.

I don't know what to think about next season. If they're going half island and half flash forwards with Jack trying to get back...ehhhhh. The most interesting stuff is on the island.

I am glad they realized after season 2 that the flashback scenes were going on way too long

Yeah the worst had to be where we learned the signifigance of Jacks's tattoos. It seriously felt like a throwaway episode.

Great episode. Best part was Jack's exhasperated "SON OF A BITCH!" when he found out they had to go rescue Hurley. Just a perfect "it's ALWAYS something on this goddamned island!" frustrated moment that you rarely see from the calm competent leader guy.

Jack's look to Kate after finding out that Claire is his sister rivaled it.

I'd miss Claire if she died. Other than Sun she's the only female character I care about..

Well, dead in the Christian Sheppard sense, not dead and off the cast. ;)

For the record, Michael Emerson (Ben) and Yunjin Kim (Sun) should both earn Emmys for their performances this year. Both have been fantastic and really have carried Season 4 tremendously. If we're talking specifics, the producers should send the voters "The Shape of Things to Come" for Emerson and "Ji Yeon" for Kim -- the final scene with Sun crying besides Jin's grave was phenomenal.

My guess as to why wacky Jack wants to get back to the island:

In the previews, don't they have a scene in the helicopter with the O6 and Jack saying "we don't have time to go back".

Maybe its just guilt for getting off of the island and saving himself.

Who's making the Losties keep quiet about what really happened on the island: Whitmore? The Others? Ben? Hanso? Jacob? Jack? Oceanic? I just wonder who's call it is to see that they don't tell the truth

Horace?

Anybody else think we might finally get the long-await Jacob/Locke encounter when he goes down to the Orchid control room? Richard is tied up with Sayid and Kate so I don't think he was the "Who do you think?" when Locke asked Ben who he was signalling to.

He could still be. Richard is on his way to the Orchid to help Ben, and he runs into Kate and Sayid on the way.

Who's making the Losties keep quiet about what really happened on the island: Whitmore? The Others? Ben? Hanso? Jacob? Jack? Oceanic? I just wonder who's call it is to see that they don't tell the truth

Locke. I'll vote for Locke.

I think it is a combination of a huge settlement from Oceanic, possibly compensation from Widmore on top of that, and not wanting to tell the public what really happened on that island and the fact that they killed people and left people for dead. Not to mention the fact that the island might not be able to be found easily.

No. Richard is on his way to the Orchid, the person who signaled back to Ben was already up there.

Are we sure that was the Orchid he was signalling to or someone somewhere else waiting or a signal from Ben?

I think it is a combination of a huge settlement from Oceanic, possibly compensation from Widmore on top of that, and not wanting to tell the public what really happened on that island and the fact that they killed people and left people for dead. Not to mention the fact that the island might not be able to be found easily.

Yep the moving of the island may change the coordinates geographically, and thus make it hard to find. Reminds me of when Jack tells Kate he keeps getting onto flights hoping he can get back. I am thinking its the Widmore people, since they staged the other crash.

No. Richard is on his way to the Orchid, the person who signaled back to Ben was already up there.

Are we sure that was the Orchid he was signalling to or someone somewhere else waiting or a signal from Ben?

It would help if we ever had any idea whatsoever where things on the island were located in relation to everything else. Locke's early obsession with the hatch seems kinda silly now, seeing how it seems like you can't walk through the jungle for five minutes without tripping over another building.

It would help if we ever had any idea whatsoever where things on the island were located in relation to everything else. Locke's early obsession with the hatch seems kinda silly now, seeing how it seems like you can't walk through the jungle for five minutes without tripping over another building.

I found it sillier that once they got down into the hatch, it was like, "Oh, there's actually a door leading outside over there." As obsessed as Locke was with getting in there, you'd have thought he might have explored the surrounding area more and noticed the obstruction in the ground that has a door.

The Bad: Jack's "alpha male" shit continues to rub me the wrong way. I recognize that he's allegedly the main character, and that the character feels responsible for getting people off the island. But to be up & walking a day after an appendectomy ... and not just walking, but stomping through the jungle? Even on a show about time travel & all that, it's hard to suspend that kind of disbelief.

I agree, but I've had an issue with it since I think the 2nd season (can't really remember that far back.). Ever since the show started getting real Jack and Kate flash back heavy or when Jack and/or Kate would be the main focus when the story was on the island. It just got old and fast.

I'd read some theories online about Farraday & Charlotte getting together as a couple. Wow. The last thing this show needs is another romance. Remember that fun little show about polar bears & mysterious bad guys? Well, it's been replaced with a fuckign soap opera.

I've been kinda thinking the same thing as the season has gone. I kinda miss when the stroytelling was about discovering things on the island or just finding out about the island in general....but I really don't think there's much to discover anymore. I think the only things we can really find out is just about the island in general. Also this season has really been all about the characters, while the island and the happenings on it has been placed in the backround, but now it seems we're finally getting back to finding out more stuff about the island as it seems that the season finale will put more focus on Ben and Locke moving the island and maybe Locke discovering more about it, which I'm really looking forward to.

I've been kinda thinking the same thing as the season has gone. I kinda miss when the stroytelling was about discovering things on the island or just finding out about the island in general....but I really don't think there's much to discover anymore. I think the only things we can really find out is just about the island in general. Also this season has really been all about the characters, while the island and the happenings on it has been placed in the backround, but now it seems we're finally getting back to finding out more stuff about the island as it seems that the season finale will put more focus on Ben and Locke moving the island and maybe Locke discovering more about it, which I'm really looking forward to.

I disagree that there's not much to discover anymore ... there's an infinite amount of stuff to discover, it's just up to the writers to come up it it and present it in an interesting fashion. Not to mention the countless things that they've introduced and then left unexplained: The story behind the 4-toed statue; the history of the island; more about the history of Dharma and/or the Others; what happened to Rousseau's team; the food drops (who's dropping them, and for whom?) ... not to mention the "big picture" stories of the numbers, the healing powers of the island.

And while I do agree that this season has been more about the characters, I don't think that it's a good thing. The show is evolving from what made it so interesting & different, to just another prime time soap opera on an island.

And I want to give Aero credit for reminding me how funny it was that after about half a season of "we have to get this hatch open!" they found a poorly hidden door that led directly into the compound. Good stuff.

I don't mind the Penny/Desmond soap opera...since at least that is a proper love story. But Kate just keeps going from Jack to Sawyer and back again and you just wish she'd make up her mind. It doesn't help that Kate and Jack are probably the dullest characters on the show.

I don't mind the Penny/Desmond soap opera...since at least that is a proper love story.

Agreed. That and because Desmond is awesome.

The characters that are playing Penny & Desmond make that love story much more acceptable.

Plus it's not like I'm just some hard-ass that's averse to a love story. One is fine. But when it comes to love stories and/or love triangles, well, let's just say that I'm a fan of moderation.

And to change the conversation ... do any of you read the spoilers on the Dark UFO site? I checked out the highlights for the alleged spoilers for the 2 hour finale, and after reading them I'm just praying that they're not accurate.

Sign in to follow this