TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RavishingRickRudo

LOST

I did like how they just completely went and explained stuff with Dr. Dharma's appearance at the beginning. "We're here to control time travel stuff, for the money/power/etc". I'm all like, cool, they actually came out and told us something. And then Faraday shows up in a hardhat and DAMMIT back to more questions.

As usual, I liked the parts with Hurley the best. Couldn't stop cracking up during his incoherent retelling of the whole plot up til this point.

The cast of supporting characters is too damn big. At least two or three times there was some moment where the show obviously expected me to go "Oh, it's That Guy!" and I had no idea who the hell it was. Unless you either are going back and watching all the old episodes on a regular basis or you've just got a photographic memory, I don't see how you're supposed to keep track.

Did the commercial breaks seem unusually short to anyone else? Felt like every time I left the room during the commercials for whatever reason, by the time I got back I'd already missed half of the next scene.

I did like how they just completely went and explained stuff with Dr. Dharma's appearance at the beginning. "We're here to control time travel stuff, for the money/power/etc". I'm all like, cool, they actually came out and told us something. And then Faraday shows up in a hardhat and DAMMIT back to more questions.

As usual, I liked the parts with Hurley the best. Couldn't stop cracking up during his incoherent retelling of the whole plot up til this point.

The cast of supporting characters is too damn big. At least two or three times there was some moment where the show obviously expected me to go "Oh, it's That Guy!" and I had no idea who the hell it was. Unless you either are going back and watching all the old episodes on a regular basis or you've just got a photographic memory, I don't see how you're supposed to keep track.

Did the commercial breaks seem unusually short to anyone else? Felt like every time I left the room during the commercials for whatever reason, by the time I got back I'd already missed half of the next scene.

I had that issue with the old lady. She looked really familiar but I wasn't exactly sure who she was until I read the last two pages of this thread.

Question: Is that Judi Dench from the bond films?

Mrs. Hawking at the end really creeped me out. Was it just my TV, or did her eyes look completely black? It kind of reminded me of Claire's dream from S1 where Locke had one white eye and one black eye.

charlotte's nosebleed probably means she is doomed -what if the time jump took her past the time when she was supposed to have died? I do think she was born on the island, but who knows . .

I loved Hurley throwing the hot pocket but he should of listened to the dead women and not gotten himself arrested.

I thought it was awesome, they've basically ditched any notion of trying to make the show watchable for the average viewer. It's all just fan-service for the uber Lost watchers now, and that's probably the only way you can tell a story as convoluted as this.

I already can't wait for this Neil guy to die.

Surely the Star Trek red shirt he was wearing should have dropped a hint he was going to die :P

No.

--

Reference Material:

Because You Left

The Lie

Most of it is updated by Fans, well all of it is, but they're pretty anal so its a good read. Especially the theory parts of the site.

Yeah, Brody, this is not the type of show you can watch without already having seen, uh, pretty much every single other episode. Preferably two or three times each, in order to keep track of the massive cast of various people it expects you to remember. And you gotta have nearly infinite patience for unanswered questions and just not care that many of them probably will never be answered.

No.

It's Fionnula Flanagan, one of those old veteran actors, the type who's shown up once on every different series of Star Trek as a different character.

Something interesting someone pointed out on some blog out there... Locke personally witnessed Yemi's plane crash. Back in S1, he knew about the plane because of dreams. Wondering if there's some connection, some sort of dream time flow, that made it so that the reason Locke got that dream is because he time travelled and witnessed it personally.

Something interesting someone pointed out on some blog out there... Locke personally witnessed Yemi's plane crash. Back in S1, he knew about the plane because of dreams. Wondering if there's some connection, some sort of dream time flow, that made it so that the reason Locke got that dream is because he time travelled and witnessed it personally.

That would make a lot of sense since Desmond had a similar experience at the end of the first episode. In the flashback, he met Faraday at the hatch backdoor with instructions to go to Oxford, but it was actually a dream/memory.

- I half pictured Vince Russo when you mentioned that. :P I still hope that we get a Russo centric episode that tells about her experience when she came to the island.

- I cracked up when Desmond had his sleeping-memory-dream.. "habadaba.. bahabbahabba!!" :lol:

- So is this entire season airing uninterrupted or are there breaks scheduled? I read that season 6 isn't going to have any breaks when it airs in 2010.

Well, last year was supposed to be break-free before the strike, so I'd assume the plan is the same for this one. When they made the decision to cut the seasons from 23 episodes down to 16, I think I remember reading that they would all go uninterrupted.

The series ends with Jack snuggling comfortably with Montana Wildhack on the planet Trafalmadore. Book it.

I enjoyed both episodes, but I really hope that the people on the island figure out how to stop the island from coming unstuck in time sooner rather than later. It made all of those scenes seem a little disjointed, I thought.

Agreed. The island skipping through time is a cool plot device but it'll make storylines of any kind of importance impossible if we as an audience are paranoid that the whole thing could potentially be all for nothing.

The series ends with Jack snuggling comfortably with Montana Wildhack on the planet Trafalmadore.

Hey dammit, don't you so it goes and post things like that without spoiler tags!

The series ends with Jack snuggling comfortably with Montana Wildhack on the planet Trafalmadore. Book it.

No, no, no. The series will end when the Island travels to far back in time and then stops so the show becomes "Land of the Lost".

And then spins off into a show called Dinosaur Island, which is how I referred to Lost when I was dismissing it after seeing the first few previews. My universe is course-correcting itself.

Speaking as a person who watched the entire season 2, but gave up season 3 onwards, I just want to see how the show ends. I have a feeling though that it will be so convoluted that I won't get anything out of it.

Best parts of the episode:

Sawyer bitching because he couldn't get the beer (among other things) in the hatch

Sawyer calling that dork "Frogurt."

Everything Hurley said.

Seriously, they need to reunite these two soon. Forget Kate and Jack, Kate and Sawyer, Ben and Locke; Hurley and Sawyer is THE TRUTH when it comes to pairings on the show.

Sign in to follow this