TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RavishingRickRudo

LOST

Something nobody else mentioned, but I noticed: with the flaming arrows and land mines, every one of the anonymous extras are finally all dead. From everyone who survived the plane crash, we're down to just our main characters now.

Are we? Certainly some of them got picked off with arrows or mines and the herd got culled quite a bit but aren't there still folks unaccounted for? The woman (Elle?) mentioned there being 20 on the beach and asking Faraday, Miles, and Charlotte what happened to them. Juliet and Sawyer were the only others we saw accounted for. While some of them could well have been killed off the bulk of them could be running around flashing in time like the relevant characters. And conspicuous by their absence in the last episode were Rose and Bernard, who I assume would at least merit on an onscreen death.

My guess is that sooner or later the group of characters we care about will run into Rose and Bernard leading a group of extras and we'll continue having a bunch of them for the near future.

Shit. Good point. Forgot about R&B.

So, any theories on why Widmore would bend over like a bitch for Desmond and just give him the info about Mamaday? Even though he's never given Desmond anything but scorn and pain in the past? Even after Des wouldn't even tell him a single word about Penny? Even though Mamaday is working with Ben, who point blank told Widmore that he was going to murder Penny, and thus you'd think he'd want anyone connected to his daughter to stay far away from anyone connected to Benjamin Linus? I assume it'll probably be cleared up sometime, but at the moment it seems awfully out of character for Widmore, a guy you wouldn't expect to piss on Desmond if he was on fire.

Maybe he has someone tailing Desmond? Or he has knowledge about Desmond from Faraday's experiments? Something that has him believing Desmond will help him find the island, at least. There could be something in the past that he remembers and sees this as it all coming 'round again.

Yeah, I figured it was 1 of those 2. Either he intended to use Desmond to get to Ben, Farraday's mom, and the island... or he just genuinely loves his daughter enough that he helped Desmond either to keep him from doing anything too dangerous or in hopes that it would win back some trust. Widmore's always been ruthless to Desmond but its always been about keeping Desmond away from Penny. Penny's been with Desmond for 3 years and completely out of Widmore's life. He gets nothing out of continuing to be hostile to Desmond. The goal was always to push Desmond out of his and Penny's lives. Now pushing Desmond out only pushes Penny further away.

I'm more or less expecting both. He's a father who misses his daughter and he knows Desmond might be able to help him with the island.

Something nobody else mentioned, but I noticed: with the flaming arrows and land mines, every one of the anonymous extras are finally all dead. From everyone who survived the plane crash, we're down to just our main characters now.

Are we? Certainly some of them got picked off with arrows or mines and the herd got culled quite a bit but aren't there still folks unaccounted for? The woman (Elle?) mentioned there being 20 on the beach and asking Faraday, Miles, and Charlotte what happened to them. Juliet and Sawyer were the only others we saw accounted for. While some of them could well have been killed off the bulk of them could be running around flashing in time like the relevant characters. And conspicuous by their absence in the last episode were Rose and Bernard, who I assume would at least merit on an onscreen death.

My guess is that sooner or later the group of characters we care about will run into Rose and Bernard leading a group of extras and we'll continue having a bunch of them for the near future.

I think, taking the 20 that Ellie mentioned into account...I think there are like 3 redshirts left, along with Sawyer, Juliet, Miles, Faraday, Charlotte, Rose, and Bernard...and Locke. So, about 11 standing, although Ellie didn't know about Locke, so about 10 are left from the original beach group from after the island warped around. Rose and Bernard are probably somewhere in the jungle with the other three.

I like to think he's hanging out with Christian in Jacob's cabin in his time away from the survivors.

Am I right in saying his last appearance was in one of the first episodes last season when Locke attached Charlotte's communicator to him to trick Jack and everyone? That's all I can remember.

Liked the last episode a lot. I knew Widmore was on the island at some point. I loved that they made him a neck-breaking badass. Really glad to see an episode that kept to the island more and showed more Richard.

I wanna see the ep where the island moves and stands the Black Rock

When Elle showed up, I actually thought she was Rousseau and that was her team before they went crazy.

I thought the same thing as well. I was kind of disappointed to find out that wasn't her.

True dat. I don't have any kind of a official preview but tonights episode is called "The Little Prince". I'm hoping it's Miles or Daniel-centric but it looks like from clips they showed at the end of last week that the focus returns to Ben and the O6.

Well, the pop-up during the repeat of last week's episode just said that Desmond & Penny named that son after island Charlie, so hopefully that puts to rest the theories that Charlie Pace is their son.

True dat. I don't have any kind of a official preview but tonights episode is called "The Little Prince". I'm hoping it's Miles or Daniel-centric but it looks like from clips they showed at the end of last week that the focus returns to Ben and the O6.

Previews that I've seen show it centering on the O6 - Kate & Aaron (the Little Prince?) specifically. =\

It's lookin' more and more like Miles was born on the island as well (didn't someone suggest that he was Pierre Chang's baby in that other flashback)?

JIN LIVES!!! With the French!

SHIIIIIT.

Also, was that supposed to be a young Rousseau and her crew?

Has to be! I was hoping we'd get a flash with them soon! :D

Well - I thought it was going to be Sun going after Aaron.

Jin!

Also - not so much of a swerve at the end... as soon as it was French I figured it. They gave a few more chances for people to figure it out before the reveal, as well.

Next week looks bananas.

Sign in to follow this