TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RavishingRickRudo

LOST

The time-loop stuff dubq posted on the last page shows that the guy writing it up is going off the deep end.

Charlie is Charles Widmore and he and Penny keep giving birth to each other in a perpetual cycle is just too much.

I think Mik meant that that retarded timeloop website is out of control....At least I hope he does.

The show is still fine and keeping it's course.

Ben is bringing everyone back to the Island because the Island didn't let them leave. Walt& Micheal were aloud leave, so they aren't needed.

The "looping island" could be seperate, as a result of something going wrong with the wheel when Ben was turning it. Or maybe it always happens. For all we know thats the first time in hundreds of years that wheel has been turned.

I personally think they'll probably just have a comfortable "we stopped it skipping 3 years in the future" (boat crashes on shore) "Oh, hey hurley. why are you guys back?".

And I think that Kyak was the O6,hench the india air water etc. I think the O6 might have been chasing their friends, not realising it. Either that or they had someone following them.

Anyway, Hail Atlantis! And it's king Richard (Namor)! Just wait until he takes his shoes off.

When Ben time skipped forward, he went to the hotel, asked what date it was and was told by the front receptionist when he saw Sayid on the TV. How could he have put a hit on her during that time if he skipped all of it?

Sorry for not using the quote feature. I mean the time loop theory website that has been posted many times in this thread. At first it looked promising but it's slowly looking more and more batshit insane.

I know they say it's not a joke but clearly it is.

The funny thing about lost is that it's created so many "crazy, farthest reaches of logic" scenerios such as that blog about the timeloop & the frogert thing, while its been pretty simple & straight forward in most of it's answers.

Here's a fun question. Who do YOU picture Jacob looking like? I don't know why.. but I keep picturing Jamey Sheridan as Randall Flagg from the Stand, but a bit older with grayer hair.

flagg.jpg

Putting too much thought to how the folks on the island survived or 3 years of skipping seems to miss the basic element of the skipping. I kind of hate sci fi in general and don't have much experience with time travel stories, so you can correct me if I'm wrong. But as best as I can figure there's no reason to believe that 3 years for the O6 will be 3 years for Sawyer, Juliet, and Co. Assuming this is the timeline where Point A is where the O6 escaped, Ben got thrown off the island, and the island started skipping... and Point B is where the O6/Ben/Locke return...

A --------------------------- B

It doesn't have to be 3 years for the Island because its skipping through time. As long as their last skip leaves them at Point B, they're good. It could take 3 years, 3 weeks, or 30 years. It would all amount to the same thing for time travelers.

Ben himself hasn't experienced 3 years, has he? Didn't he skip forward a year or so when he left the island? So 3 years for Jack is 2 years for Ben. Locke could have jumped forward 2 years and Sawyer/Juliet could spend a handful of days. The nature of the story seems to give Lost carte blanche on this subject. If they want I suppose Locke could kick the island back on its "proper" track. But if they want the island could skip back to 5 minutes before the skipping started and the end result would be that in 5 minutes Juliet and Sawyer would be the only versions of themselves on the island and they'd be 5 minutes older than they "should" be.

Jin and Sawyer interacting = hilarity ensuing, usually. Unfortunately, it looks like there will be no time for that, as Jin is wondering about Sun.

And hey, apparently Jin found the Others' Temple?

Does everyone remember that webisode in which Christian told Vincent to go wake up Jack, that was supposed to have taken place right before The Pilot?

I was just sitting here hoping they find some way to work that onto the show.

Huh. Only major thing that happened here was Charlotte dying. As usual, on Lost when a man dies, it tends to be because he either pissed off the gods of The Island somehow, or he nobly sacrificed himself to save the others. When a woman dies, she just drops dead in a manner which makes all the men real sad.

Locke has to be one of the stupidest charachters in the history of television.

I'm missing what this references exactly.

Why do the other Losties continue to listen to this nutjob ?

Well, that's the thing... just about no one usually does listen to him. That would be why Jack, Kate, and Sayid among others don't like him very much. Last season, Claire, Sawyer, and Hurley followed him based on Charlie's warning. This season, Sawyer and everyone else are kind of, um, lost with the skipping island. When Locked showed up, he at least had an idea of what to do to stop the skipping. As crazy as his idea sounds, what else would they do? Faraday seems to know what's happening, but I'm not sure if he knows how to actually stop it.

So wait a minute. The wheel is "off it's axis," does that mean if one of these timeflashes happen to bring them to a point in time before the wheel got knocked off, the time flashes stop?

I'm guessing that since the wheel can control the flow of time (at least on the island) that it, and the room that it's in, are immune from the effects of the time skips. I like to think of it as something similar to the "end of time" area in Chrono Trigger... ;)

So all along, I thought Rousseau's crew suffered from the same sickness that the freighter's crew suffered as a result of not going to the island on the proper course. Going into smokey's lair can make them go crazy too I guess.

So all along, I thought Rousseau's crew suffered from the same sickness that the freighter's crew suffered as a result of not going to the island on the proper course. Going into smokey's lair can make them go crazy too I guess.

I think it might be because she didn't go into the Smoke Monsters home she didn't see or find out what the rest of her crew did so they knew things she didn't which caused her to think they had gone crazy. I just want to know what the crew saw that made them find out what the Smoke Monster indeed was.

I liked this episode, it was a crazy fast episode that answered things just out of the blue.

This was Lost on meth. It kinda blows Charlotte died without more exposition to her character but at the least we got confirmation that she'd been on the island before and the fact that she doesn't know her father gives credibility to the theory that she's Ben's daughter. I loved the rest of the shit with Jin/Sawyer reunion, arm getting torn off, the temple, Ben freaking out in the van. This was fun.

LOST has too many characters. Where the hell are Rose and Bernard and the rest of the people on the island?

I always find it weird that in one episode, Bernard, Rose, and Vincent are around a lot, then something big happens and we don't see them again for quite a few episodes.

I'm also wondering why Walt or Desmond doesn't have to go back to the Island with the rest of 6?

Sign in to follow this