TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RavishingRickRudo

LOST

If you don't know who Christian Shephard is, are you REALLY enjoying this season? It's pretty much just rewarding hardcore viewers at this point.

As for listening to Locke, I'll bet everything he's vindicated somehow before the series ends. I believe in John Locke.

Ben's freakout was the best. I fucking love Ben.

Anyone else think that he lied to Sun? As in - Locke kept his word and told Ben that if he ever saw Sun to tell her that Jin is dead and to give the ring as proof. Then Ben turned around and gave the ring as a symbol that he's alive because he needed to get her back to the island? It's the little things like that that make Benjamin Linus pretty much the greatest character.

As for Rousseau - I got the feeling that she was the crazy one. I'm still not sure if her boyfriend tried to shoot her because he was messed up by the smoke monster or because she had already gone nuts at that point and murdered the rest of the team.

LOST has too many characters. Where the hell are Rose and Bernard and the rest of the people on the island?

I always find it weird that in one episode, Bernard, Rose, and Vincent are around a lot, then something big happens and we don't see them again for quite a few episodes.

I'm also wondering why Walt or Desmond doesn't have to go back to the Island with the rest of 6?

Who said they don't? The group that's with Ben is the best that could be done on short notice but I don't remember him or Ms. Hawking seeming totally satisfied that they don't have a full count.

LOST has too many characters. Where the hell are Rose and Bernard and the rest of the people on the island?

I always find it weird that in one episode, Bernard, Rose, and Vincent are around a lot, then something big happens and we don't see them again for quite a few episodes.

I'm also wondering why Walt or Desmond doesn't have to go back to the Island with the rest of 6?

Who said they don't? The group that's with Ben is the best that could be done on short notice but I don't remember him or Ms. Hawking seeming totally satisfied that they don't have a full count.

Your right but has Ben even tried to go after Desmond or Walt? I mean Desmond found the church on his own and when Ben saw him, he looked just as surprised to see Desmond as Desmond was surprised to see Jack and Ben. Sayid, Kate, and Hurley were expected to be gathered as well, however they were not. I figured that's why Faraday's mom looked disappointed.

I also wonder if Sun gets to bring her child along for the trip back to the Island.

Yeah, Ben's end game is kinda baffling at this point. If it was to return to the island with the O6 and usurp Locke for Island King then why would he bring Locke back with him? If it's to off Penny that what do the O6 have to do with it?

So Season1. Why doesn't Danielle remember Jin? OK, so it'll have been 15 years+, and she's a bit mental, but you're not going to forget the man who keeps warping around and disappearing in front of you...

Because by the time Jin met her in the past, she was already dead in the present. Kinda like why Desmond didn't remember meeting Faraday while in the hatch until the present.

I was under the belief that all of this has happened before/the reason things are as they are. Fucking time travel, it was the last thing LOST needed to make it any easier to try and follow.

Anyone else think that he lied to Sun? As in - Locke kept his word and told Ben that if he ever saw Sun to tell her that Jin is dead and to give the ring as proof. Then Ben turned around and gave the ring as a symbol that he's alive because he needed to get her back to the island? It's the little things like that that make Benjamin Linus pretty much the greatest character.

I'm gonna say that I won't be surprised if Locke tells Ben says something to the effect that it doesn't work like that, there's a big argument that Locke is going to do the right thing in keeping his promise to Jin and not bringing Sun back in the island... and that Ben will turn around and kill him.

All these twists and turns are starting to somehow make me believe that Widmore might end up being the good guy and that Ben, Christian/Jacob, and the Others might not be the people you want to listen to.

As for Rousseau - I got the feeling that she was the crazy one. I'm still not sure if her boyfriend tried to shoot her because he was messed up by the smoke monster or because she had already gone nuts at that point and murdered the rest of the team.

I don't know, maybe seeing the smoke monster and Jin just fucking vanish into thin air was the beginning of her losing her mind? Take the fact that when the team came back, they might of started talking about there was nothing to fear and just what the temple was used for. It does make me wonder how much further Jin went into time to see Rousseau kill her team... I mean how does the husband waste all his bullets? Shouldn't be hard to shoot a woman seven months into pregnancy? Or maybe they were going to try and take the baby as someone does kidnap Alexandra.

I'm guessing she did the "removing the firing pin" trick that she used before.

http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/Solitary

Sayid and Rousseau cross paths as Sayid is trying to escape. They point their guns at each other, and Sayid pulls the trigger. To his surprise, however, he finds that the firing pin has been removed. Danielle says that Robert never noticed it either, before she shot and killed him.

I'm guessing she did the "removing the firing pin" trick that she used before.

http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/Solitary

Sayid and Rousseau cross paths as Sayid is trying to escape. They point their guns at each other, and Sayid pulls the trigger. To his surprise, however, he finds that the firing pin has been removed. Danielle says that Robert never noticed it either, before she shot and killed him.

See, it's shit like this attention to detail that makes this show awesome.

Lostpedia definitely has them, but they might only be spread out among the individual topics. IGN has frequently done unanswered questions columns with info updated each time, too.

There are a lot of unanswered questions. We still don't know really what the Dharma Initiative was all about.

I love the attention to detail, but I feel like I'm watching it alone when I watch it with my wife. The first episode she ever saw was when the hatch exploded and Penny found out about the island. So she missed two seasons worth of stuff. So I try to explain to her why some things are important and I just get blank stares. Really need some DVDs or something.

This show is crazy. There's just way too much going on to keep up with. There's probably unanswered questions from season 1 that are still floating out there that people may have forgotten about.

Rosseau kept talking about a sickness, and didn't the guy who Desmond first ran into on the island say something about the island being infected?

And when are we finally going to see Jacob!? And what makes Christian Shepard so damn special!? Argh.

And what about the 3-toed statue!?

Oh, didn't Ben have a friend named Charlotte when he was a little boy?

It would be possible for your wife to watch any previously aired episodes on ABC.com. I watched the entirety of season 4 there, and it worked just fine.

I'm seriously wondering about Christian, also. Is he a ghost or what? I think we can verify that he's dead, but his body did end up on the island and was never recovered. I've seen it speculated elsewhere that the smoke monster can take on other forms, but if that's the case then it wouldn't make any sense for it to take on Christian's form for Locke, who had no idea who he was.

As far as mysteries go, there's a million little ones, but the big questions are:

*What is the island? Like, where does it derive its power from? How is it possible to turn a wheel and end up in Tunisia? How can you go there paralyzed and wind up fine? Etc.

*Who is Jacob? Where does he come from, what is his role on the island? Etc.

And I guess you could throw in the whole question of who Richard Alpert is and why he never ages and then also what the Dharma Initiative was.

So this is clearly me being bored on a Friday afternoon, and I apologize in advance if this has already been discussed, but this whole visiting people in the past thing is starting to piss me off. I'm making the assumption that Daniel does in fact go back in time and warn child Charlotte not to come to the island.

-Daniel visits Desmond in the past and gets him to go find Eloise. Current Desmond "remembers" the visit on the sailboat.

-Rousseau meets up with Jin in the past. The older Rousseau doesn't show signs of recognizing Jin when he crashes, but she's dead by the time she would have "remembered" meeting up with him.

-How the fuck does Charlotte "remember" Daniel warning her as a little girl if the current Daniel hasn't done it yet?

Rosseau kept talking about a sickness, and didn't the guy who Desmond first ran into on the island say something about the island being infected?

Her 'sickness' was probably a combination of watching a dude disappear in front of her very eyes along with the prospect of getting killed by a giant monster made of smoke. Also, it would appear that she was the one that was 'sick' with paranoia as Robert was trying to talk her out of killing him and being pretty sensible before he tried to kill her.

And when are we finally going to see Jacob!? And what makes Christian Shepard so damn special!? Argh.

Jacob probably won't be seen in any great detail till the 6th season. That is the one really big reveal that they aren't just going to throw out mid-way through a season. I don't know if Christian is 'special', I think he was just chosen by Jacob/The Island to help be a guide. Remember, it would seem that Jacob isn't able to travel about the island himself (possibly due to the volcanic ash line that Locke/Ben crossed). When Hurley saw the cabin and it jumped around in front of him I think that was actually a very important hallucination that we have not fully gotten the meaning of yet. I would assume at some point we will understand that Hurley really is special, or else the Numbers would not have been such a crucial part of his life leading up to him ending up on the island where they apparently originated from.

And what about the 3-toed statue!?

It's four toes, and what most people seem to guess about the statue would APPEAR (thought I am not absolutely certain) to be the correct assumption.

Oh, didn't Ben have a friend named Charlotte when he was a little boy?

It was Annie, but many people have been guessing that both are the same person, and much that she said on this week's episode seems to be pointing in that direction.

So this is clearly me being bored on a Friday afternoon, and I apologize in advance if this has already been discussed, but this whole visiting people in the past thing is starting to piss me off. I'm making the assumption that Daniel does in fact go back in time and warn child Charlotte not to come to the island.

-Daniel visits Desmond in the past and gets him to go find Eloise. Current Desmond "remembers" the visit on the sailboat.

-Rousseau meets up with Jin in the past. The older Rousseau doesn't show signs of recognizing Jin when he crashes, but she's dead by the time she would have "remembered" meeting up with him.

-How the fuck does Charlotte "remember" Daniel warning her as a little girl if the current Daniel hasn't done it yet?

That's what I was talking about, with Rouseau not remembering Jin. She should have remembered him as the event had already happened, and was due to happen again. Same with Charlotte remembering Daniel warning her as a little girl. It might not have happened, but it was due to happen so had already actually happened.

It was the same with Locke being visited by Richard.

That's what I was talking about, with Rouseau not remembering Jin. She should have remembered him as the event had already happened, and was due to happen again. Same with Charlotte remembering Daniel warning her as a little girl. It might not have happened, but it was due to happen so had already actually happened.

Desmond "remembering" Daniel visiting him doesn't fit this theory, though. So that's Rousseau and Desmond not recognizing Jin and Daniel with Richard and Charlotte (eventually) recognizing Locke and Daniel. It's the inconsistencies that bother me, b/c they've shown a lot of care and thought in these extremely complicated storylines. You'd think with something as complex as time travel, they would've done a better job.

Desmond "remembering" Daniel visiting him doesn't fit this theory, though. So that's Rousseau and Desmond not recognizing Jin and Daniel with Richard and Charlotte (eventually) recognizing Locke and Daniel. It's the inconsistencies that bother me, b/c they've shown a lot of care and thought in these extremely complicated storylines. You'd think with something as complex as time travel, they would've done a better job.

If Danielle was alive, I'm sure she would remember Jin now, the same as Desmond remembering Daniel on the sailboat. Richard is special (duh) so I am assuming he lives above some of the rules. Also, Daniel has shown to have a pretty shitty memory, and I am going to guess that the scene with Chang at the opening of the season was actually somewhat of a flash forward and that Daniel, having witnessed Charlotte's death, will find the young Charlotte in the early eighties (wasn't she born in '79 according to Ben?) and tell her 'hey, don't ever come back here' and she was so young that it took her mind becoming completely unstuck in time for her to remember this guy telling her this (even though he had not in fact already done it).

It's a mini-time loop. Richard technically visits John Locke as a baby in the hospital both before and after John goes back in time and tells him to.

I keep my faith that in the next 25 or so hours of Lost that everything will be answered and it will all make sense.

Still doesn't fit, though. For Daniel, only a couple days at most had gone by in between the freighter blowing up and him meeting Desmond at the hatch in the past. So why does Desmond not remember it until three years after he gets off the island?

As for Rousseau/Jin, it's just a simple plot hole. Doubtful that in season 1/2 they were planning in such detail, so far ahead, that they already knew that Jin would run into young Rousseau for a brief time.

Sign in to follow this