TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RavishingRickRudo

LOST

The more I think on it the more it occurs to me how lazy the writing was in this. Whether they have an end-game (and I sure as fuck hope they do) remains to be seen but for me, the two things in this episode that demanded some serious attention to detail were written off without another thought.

1) How they find the island. "Oh, well this is a pocket of energy and it tells us where they are."

2) How they get back. "Oh shit, another flash of light."

I'd be willing to bet that Three Kings (Arab dude sitting in Business Class) is a Widmore agent who's there to spy on them.

Dude,

HOW THE FUCK THEY DID GIVE AWAY LOCKE RISING FROM THE DEAD RIGHT IN THE BEGINNING OF NEXT WEEK'S PREVIEW!

WHAT THE FUCK.

So angry right now.

Yeah, imagine what it's like for people who didn't see the preview but read about it on a message board.

Also, there has to be someone on the side, that's not ben, putting things in motion - telling Kate to give up Aaron (and my bet is go to Jack and fuck him - maybe she needs to be pregnant ala Claire), finding Hurley and giving him Charlies guitar, getting Sayid on the plane as well. The thing is, if it's just a matter of getting something someone owns on the plane (Charlies guitar, Jacks dads' shoes), then why not just do that with all the folk? I also wonder if Hurley was buying up those tickets to save lives, or because he was told to. It was obvious that he didn't want people on the plane and they made it sentimental, but he probably could have saved more lives if he wanted to. Maybe it was a number thing as well.

Anyways, thought it was an episode that dragged a bit but in the end was good. Jack used to be one of my favourite characters, but now I groan when ever he is on screen. Jin, OTOH, was a high point. Ditto Frank. I wonder if Whitmore had someone shadowing Desmond and Penny and they were the ones who beat up Ben before Ben could make good on that promise.

The more I think on it the more it occurs to me how lazy the writing was in this. Whether they have an end-game (and I sure as fuck hope they do) remains to be seen but for me, the two things in this episode that demanded some serious attention to detail were written off without another thought.

1) How they find the island. "Oh, well this is a pocket of energy and it tells us where they are."

I'd be willing to bet that Three Kings (Arab dude sitting in Business Class) is a Widmore agent who's there to spy on them.

I was thinking that too. That whole scene, really. "They came up with a series of equations that tell us where the island will be at a given time". Oh really? That's it? Just some random equations? No explanation about what they are, how they came up with them, etc.

If it's true that this episode and next week's were considered "interchangeable" and Carlton Cuse decided he wanted '316' to air first, I think it was a mistake. Given all the unexplained shit that happened here, it would make sense that first we see how Locke got off the island, and then we see how the rest got back. Of course, if it ends up that he isn't really dead, then maybe it does make more sense this way.

Dude, HOW THE FUCK THEY DID GIVE AWAY LOCKE RISING FROM THE DEAD RIGHT IN THE BEGINNING OF NEXT WEEK'S PREVIEW!

WHAT THE FUCK.

So angry right now.

I think that Locke will not rise from the dead (at least not next week). They never give that much away and it looked way to obvious, so I think this is swerve city. No rising from the dead for Locke.

I would believe that if it wasn't for the fact that they showed him apparently on the island, talking to the air marshall and saying how he remembered dying. If they can show THAT and have it somehow end up being a swerve where he is still dead, I'll be impressed.

We could potentially have a whole new group of Tailies now also.

I think so too. Air Marshall, arabian guy and a few others. Maybe they all end up with Locke somewhere else on the island he becomes the de facto leader of the group. Would explain the scene in the preview that shows him talking to the air marshall.

I was thinking that too. That whole scene, really. "They came up with a series of equations that tell us where the island will be at a given time". Oh really? That's it? Just some random equations? No explanation about what they are, how they came up with them, etc.

If it's true that this episode and next week's were considered "interchangeable" and Carlton Cuse decided he wanted '316' to air first, I think it was a mistake. Given all the unexplained shit that happened here, it would make sense that first we see how Locke got off the island, and then we see how the rest got back. Of course, if it ends up that he isn't really dead, then maybe it does make more sense this way.

Except that's the formula Lost uses. It doesn't make sense and leaves you wondering what the fuck is going on and why? It has always been that way. It wouldn't be Lost without questions. It's sorta like last week, when we saw the French crew go into Smokey's lair then all of a sudden things time skipped and the crew knew that Smokey is a security system. How'd they find that out? We don't know!?

I liked tonight's episode. It had a lot of "what the fuck?" moments and I really like when Lost does that because it makes me want to watch more to try and make sense about whats going on and wonder why things are happening the way they are. Yeah it dragged a bit, but I figured that's mainly due to be an O6 story line and the O6 arc isn't as good and exciting as the Island's arc.

I honestly hope Ben didn't go off and kill Penny. I really hope he failed horribly and got his ass kicked and Penny, Desmond, and little Charlie escaped. That would suck if she did get killed. Yeah I got a soft spot for their story, fuck off.

I'm kinda wondering where the next episodes are gonna go, since it seems the time line in this season is going really fast. I have a feeling we're gonna get flashbacks again, or we're gonna episodes similar to season 1 where it focuses on one person and we see a flash back throughout the episode for that one person. For example, the next episode seems to focus on Locke. So we see a lot of Locke on the island, however we see in flashbacks the stuff he was doing when he got off the island throughout the episode.

How many episodes do we have left in this season anyways?

And where the fuck is Walt!?

I'm not really seeing how 316 and The Life and Death of Jeremy Bentham were interchangeable.

If you open with Locke on the island it ruins the entire episode of 316.

There are 11 episodes left, according to wikipedia. But they are claiming 17 eps this season and I thought it was 16. Either 10 or 11.

I'm not really seeing how 316 and The Life and Death of Jeremy Bentham were interchangeable.

If you open with Locke on the island it ruins the entire episode of 316.

Granted, we're not 100% sure that it'll open with Locke on island and then shift to his Bentham days, although you're probably correct. But anyway, assuming you mean that 316 would be ruined by seeing Locke on the island, let's be honest... we all knew that Locke would end up alive (whether it be actually alive or Christian Shepherd "alive") once he got back to the island, so it might not be that implausible that the episodes could be switched around. That said, I think they made the right call by airing 316 first, since seeing Jack wake up in the jungle the same way as he did in the Pilot is probably a much stronger reintroduction to the island than whatever will happen to Locke.

There are 11 episodes left, according to wikipedia. But they are claiming 17 eps this season and I thought it was 16. Either 10 or 11.

With the writer's strike, they lost at least one episode last season, so ABC agreed to give them an extra hour this season.

It's pretty obvious for whatever reason that Hurley, Jack, and Kate time flashed to the past at the point where the rest of the gang was left at when Locke turned the wheel. Maybe the rest of the gang did too.

Everyone ends up crashing in current time where Locke has to train the new key members of this. The dude who talked to Jack and sat next to Hurley played the Sayid role if everything else must be like the first flight. I enjoy the idea that Frank was supposed to be the original pilot of flight 815 and now gets to pilot this one. I'm guessing the seats that Hurley bought makes end it up being the same number of passengers from flight 815.

As for upcoming episodes:

we're going to get some pre-teen or teenage Ben. TV Guide had a little blurb w/ the actor portraying young Ben. I think it'll be over the course of 2-3 episodes? Reveals what made Ben Ben (the episodes do, not the TV Guide stuff).

Also, I propose Jin Workman, rather than Dharma Jin.

So a thought occurred to me: If Ben did, in fact kill Penny then I can see that being the catalyst for Widmore finding his way back to the island with Desmond's help. Des would want to go back to get revenge on Ben and I doubt he'd want to go through Mrs. Hawking for help. Clearly Widmore possesses similar technology to that which we saw in The Lamppost, explains how he located the island at the end of season three.

There's only one thing that I want to see before this show ends and what was it that Walt was doing that struck fear in all of the Others?

I'll take any info on Walt at all just to get some resolution. I don't know if you ever saw the Missing Pieces webisode, but they had one where the Others were keeping Walt in a small building, and someone (possibly Juliette) was bringing Ben to see him, but they ended up being horrified because there were a bunch of dead birds outside the door, just like the first time we saw Walt use his "powers" at home in a flashback.

So yeah, the Others fear Walt's ability to trick birds into flying into walls?

Edit: And I was beaten to it.

I don't see the big deal about these. Everyone always gripes about how long it takes to get answers and how long the the O6 stuff has been taking, and that they wanted it all back on the island. Now it is, in probably the quickest way possible, and we get complaints about lazy writing?

As far as I knew, the electromagnetic energy has ALWAYS been how the island was located. Why is this such a surprise to anyone? This is how Penny's Russian's found the Island.

Not sure about the flash of light.. but really.. you can't complain about that not being explained right away. It happened within the last act of the episode! No rational viewer would even expect that to be explained within the 4 minutes left in the episode.

There's only one thing that I want to see before this show ends and what was it that Walt was doing that struck fear in all of the Others?

I'll take any info on Walt at all just to get some resolution. I don't know if you ever saw the Missing Pieces webisode, but they had one where the Others were keeping Walt in a small building, and someone (possibly Juliette) was bringing Ben to see him, but they ended up being horrified because there were a bunch of dead birds outside the door, just like the first time we saw Walt use his "powers" at home in a flashback.

So yeah, the Others fear Walt's ability to trick birds into flying into walls?

Edit: And I was beaten to it.

I don't think his ability has as much to do with birds as it does with "things around him die." Remember his mother?

You say "Dharma Jin" as if when Locke set the wheel in place, the O6 git stuck in 70's era Dharma and Jin found a job there? My first thought was that Jin was like Will Smith in the beginning of I Am Legend and found the car. Though I don't remember if he was wearing a Dharma uniform.

800px-Jin_dharma.jpg

On Lostpedia they've got a half-glimpse of the logo that is on Jin's jumpsuit and it appears to be a five-pointed star, similar to a sheriff's badge.

Either that or Jin has converted and become a Five-Percenter. Which, if true can only mean one thing: Supreme Allah from Oz is on the island.

What, you think if they spent a solid 20mins of the 40(mins) explaining putting 'y over z and then dividing it by 7' etc the audience would have a better comprehension of what happend? They might even be able to recreate it at home!

The episode was 40mins long. They can't explain everything. They gave an overview on how they got back to the island. Everyone's stories will more than likely be explained over the 10 episodes either in flashbacks or whole episodes. It's not like this was the second last episode and they wanted extreme mystery. Everything will (more than likely) have an end result. The impatient people should just wait for it to come out on DVD.

Now I didn't see next weeks preview as I dl'd the episode [thanks Mik!] so I'm not sure [other than what was already typed in caps; and what I had already assumed] what was on there. I get the feeling that the plane didn't crash, just that the front end of the plane passingers were removed. I wonder if that even means Lepidis (sp) is on the island. It's a strong chance that he is, but he could be like Desmond: the island might not be finished with him, but he's not needed now. Or he could be finished with him, which I believe Walt is. It would still be great to find out about Walt's story, through explination or video tape or something.

I'm digging the possiblity of them being stuck in the 70s as it'll give people a first hand explination as to what was going on in Dharma in the height of their investigations of the island. I guess the rest of the season (and possibly next season) could be spent trying to get the island back to the proper time. In that first episode they had only found the wheel, so maybe they have to wait for the stations to be made so they can turn it.

Overall I've thuroughly enjoyed this season. I think it's been the most solid since season1. They really have their shit together and of course I want more answers, but thats the fun of watching a show this way.

My bad on spoiling next week.

It came on the screen 3 seconds after the end of the episode so I just wrongly assumed that everyone saw it.

Sign in to follow this