TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RavishingRickRudo

LOST

I'm not sure if it was Eloise or him saying that Jin told him not to bring Sun back that set Ben off.

Assuming Ben knows that they need to recreate the original flight as much as possible there's the chance that he killed Locke because he needed Sun to be on the plane.

I'm starting to think Ben might just not be aware that Locke will come back to life upon returning to the island. As it's been said, him convincing him to not commit suicide only to kill him minutes later was ultimately pointless. The only other instance we might be able to compare Locke's situation to would be Christian after the first crash, but we're unsure if he's actually alive or not. But who knows if Ben is even aware of Christian's presence on the island (ghost or not). Further, while Ben knows the island can heal, who knows if he knows that it can bring people back from the dead. When he told Jack that they needed to bring Locke's corpse back, he might have just been basing it on Eloise's orders to mirror the original flight with proxies.

I love the way this show fucks with you. When Widmore was talking to Locke in Tunisia I was thinking "Dude, Widmore is SO right" and then at the end when Ben was talking Locke down from the table I began to think "Okay, maybe Ben is right." Great stuff. Both are using Locke, it's just a matter of who's doing it for the "right" reasons.

It's pretty obvious for whatever reason that Hurley, Jack, and Kate time flashed to the past at the point where the rest of the gang was left at when Locke turned the wheel. Maybe the rest of the gang did too.

Everyone ends up crashing in current time where Locke has to train the new key members of this. The dude who talked to Jack and sat next to Hurley played the Sayid role if everything else must be like the first flight. I enjoy the idea that Frank was supposed to be the original pilot of flight 815 and now gets to pilot this one. I'm guessing the seats that Hurley bought makes end it up being the same number of passengers from flight 815.

HEY! I was somewhat right!

Ben probably thought he needed Locke to get Sun back on the island, what with Sun wanting to kill Ben and all. When Locke brought up the ring and the fact that Jin was alive, Ben saw all the leverage he needed and didn't need Locke any more. I'm sure Ben will weasel his way out of it by saying he knew John would come back and all that bulljive. The dude who plays Ben really needs to get some award recognition, given the fact that he clearly is evil, but plays it so well that you can't help but go "Aaaw, he doesn't really MEAN it". Him talking Locke down just to murder him was pure pwnage.

Locke is to Ben as Kenny is to Parker and Stone.

Thought the episode was a bit rushed, though. I guess we're supposed to see Locke get rejected by all in short order, but the Walt scene was so forced. Though "Have you seen my dad" was kind of a heart-breaker. I had forgotten that Michael blew himself.

Also, Daniels getting got like that sucked.

Christian's appearance with Michael just as he was about to get blown up on the freighter ("you can go now, Michael") would seem to lend creedence to the idea that Christian is some sort of ghost, or perhaps a physical manifestation of some supernatural element on the island.

What I don't understand is why Jack, Kate, and Hurley would flash to the 70s/Dharma period with the other left behinders, but Sun, Lapidus, Ben, and Locke would not. Although I guess we don't actually know that yet.

What I don't understand is why Jack, Kate, and Hurley would flash to the 70s/Dharma period with the other left behinders, but Sun, Lapidus, Ben, and Locke would not. Although I guess we don't actually know that yet.

Yeah I would say that's something we don't really know yet.

As far as Ben killing Locke. I think Ben figured out that Locke was being helped out by Widmore (Widmore using Locke to get back to the Island) and Ben figured if he killed Locke like he killed Abadon, Widmore would lose the trail back to the Island. Though I also noticed Locke didn't tell Ben that Richard said he had to die. I think Locke actually tricked Ben into killing him so he didn't kill himself.

The much-hyped Walt appearance was a dud. Jesus, why are they not doing anything with this kid? They have a perfect explanation for him looking so old now. Get his ass back on there and explain all the shit he did in the first season.

Next week;

Charlotte under the hood? Big reunion. Looks awesome.

What if its

Cassidy the women who Sawyer conned and had his baby?

I feel like this non-telling of Michael’s death is leading to a rageful Walt storyline in the future

If Walt isn't back on the island at some point before mid way during the final season then they fucked up. Plain and simple.

The only explanation they can give is that they brought Walt there to be island leader and he failed miserably, so the island is done with him. They could even say that was why Ben was so eager to get them the hell off the island at the end of season 2. I don't know. But we'd need to at least see the flash-back.

As for when/where everyone is... I'm thinking they are all in the present now and there is going to be some odd explanation as to why Jin had on Dharma gear. Either that or it's going to be weird; isn't the island done skipping now?

I get the feeling neither Ben or Widmore are the "good" guys, they both want the island for their own reasons. Widmore said last season that "the island was mine and it will be again". And Ben didn't want to let go of the island to Locke in season 3 either. Locke was being played by both sides, and I hope he finally learns that neither of them can be trusted!

As for why Ben stopped Locke from committing suicide, he needed the info Locke told him (Sun/Jin, Eloise). Once he had it, he didn't need Locke anymore.

Does anyone else have the feeling that Locke's resurrection is what's preventing the injured people from being healed? Maybe Locke is soaking up all the healing energy just to stay alive?

That's pretty much the feeling I got. Ben knew they needed to get back to the island, but didn't know how. When he found out it he needed Eloise he killed Locke. Ben's always been jealous of Locke, that much was apparent. He's always tried to make a fool out of him or kill him.

I think it's funny that when the 815 crashed they hid out on the island and were lost as to what to do and discovered all the stuff on the island and were completely shocked by everything they found.

Meanwhile, this new flight crashes and they find a building with supplies and everything is hunk dorey right off the bat.

I still think Caesar works for Widmore. He sure was interested in the Dharma stuff, and he sure was keeping himself calm and collected while he was there. And he seemed to be looking for something in that office.

Here's one thing I've been wondering. The Others dealt with whoever came to the island. In the 50's Richard said the soldiers wouldn't leave so they had to kill them. If they got rid of people so quickly and efficiently then why did they let the Dharma Initiative get so big and out of hand before having to exterminate them?

And I find it funny that they lived on the island for so long, but when the Dharma Initiative was taken out they took over all their stations and camps. Where did they stay before? Where is the main "Others" base at? We still don't know that.

And I find it funny that they lived on the island for so long, but when the Dharma Initiative was taken out they took over all their stations and camps. Where did they stay before? Where is the main "Others" base at? We still don't know that.

Probably the temple Jin stumbled upon and before that little camps scattered about the island

I can't see the Hydra being in a different time then the actual island, otherwise how would Locke and the crash survivors be able to see it? When the island moved at the end of season four it completely disappeared from view. I think Hydra island is within the flash radius.

Re: Christian and whether he's actually dead. This is from Lostpedia....

Christian's death, though not shown on-screen, has been confirmed in a Official LOST podcast (April 20, 2007 Edition). Even further clarification was received in "Access: Granted", when Carlton Cuse stated "In terms of actually physically corporally in existence... he's dead".

This is a title of an upcoming episode that should sort some things out regarding Christian as a vision......

"Dead is Dead

Here's what I don't get; why did Ben kill Locke? Pointless. He was just about to kill himself. So Ben stops him from killing himself and then kills him and sets it to look like the suicide he was just about to commit? Why?

Well it's pretty well established that Ben is a pathological liar. He lies to manipulate and get information out of people. I don't think Ben even knew about Hawking or that she was the key to getting back to the island - which he clearly wants to do. That's why he talked Locke down. To get some info out of him. Then once he got the information he killed his rival. Make no mistake, Ben never wanted to leave the island or let Locke take over as Leader, that was Richard's bag.

As much as I don't like (more so hate) the idea that the island can bring the dead back to life that was an absolutely bomb-ass episode. Locke has been my favorite from day one and this episode cemented it. Though I certainly don't understand the logic of Ben killing Locke AND bringing him back.

And as much as I love Ben he must die for what he did to Abadon.

Him mentioning Eloise Hawking did something to Ben. I don't know. Maybe he knew all along about the O6 going back and doing it as close to the original flight. He was just unsure about John being a proxy for Christian. Maybe John mentioning Eloise cemented in Ben's mind John's role; it was a mercy killing. Or else why would he bring him back?

Because prior to killing Locke, Ben probably had no idea what the requirements were for going back to the island. Ben, no doubt, sought out Eloise after getting her name from Locke. Then she told him about the requirements for recreating the crash on the Island. I don't think it was ever Ben's intention to bring Locke back to the Island until he found out that he HAD to in order to get himself back there.

If Walt isn't back on the island at some point before mid way during the final season then they fucked up. Plain and simple.

The only explanation they can give is that they brought Walt there to be island leader and he failed miserably, so the island is done with him. They could even say that was why Ben was so eager to get them the hell off the island at the end of season 2. I don't know. But we'd need to at least see the flash-back.

As for when/where everyone is... I'm thinking they are all in the present now and there is going to be some odd explanation as to why Jin had on Dharma gear. Either that or it's going to be weird; isn't the island done skipping now?

I don't think it's possible for the O6 to be in the 70's right? Dharma would have seen/heard a crash and gone to invstigate right?

From what I got out of it, Kate, Jack & Hurley are in the 70s and the rest of the 316 flight are in a different time period - post-Dharma by the looks of things.

I disagree. We've seen at the end of season four that when the island moves that Hydra island moves with it which means that Locke and the others are in the same time period as Jack and the main island crew.

I disagree. We've seen at the end of season four that when the island moves that Hydra island moves with it which means that Locke and the others are in the same time period as Jack and the main island crew.

Or, there's the possibility that those three were flashed to a different time period. Remember how Caesar said that Hurley disappeared right before his eyes.. and when they showed the plane on the beach, it didn't look split in two, so I don't think they got sucked out as other's had mentioned previously. Also, wouldn't there be debris from the plane around them, near them? There was none. Just the clothes they had on and whatever they had with them (Hurley's guitar) at the time.

* I also agree about the Hydra island moving with the main island. But I think the important thing to understand with this show is that the Island (both of them) physically moves AND there is time flashing going on with the people ON the Island. I believe those are two separate things as the Island has been said to always be on the move, but the time flashing didn't start until the wheel was tinkered with. We also still don't know if the time flashes stopped when Locke turned the wheel again so it's possible they're still going on.. just maybe at longer intervals...?

Walt told Hurley that Jeremy Bentham came to visit him and told him that the O6 were lying about everything.

Locke called himself Locke when he met Walt and said no such thing about anyone lying.

I think Ben poses as Jeremy Bentham and plays a visit to Walt.

Oh, also, I think that Locke & the rest of 316 are in a time period sometime LONG after Dharma but also after the events that occurred in Season 4 on the island. Otherwise there'd be Others all over that station, no? It was their main hideout during Season 3.

Sign in to follow this