TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RavishingRickRudo

LOST

Walt told Hurley that Jeremy Bentham came to visit him and told him that the O6 were lying about everything.

Locke called himself Locke when he met Walt and said no such thing about anyone lying.

I think Ben poses as Jeremy Bentham and plays a visit to Walt.

Good catch, I completely forgot about that.

Walt told Hurley that Jeremy Bentham came to visit him and told him that the O6 were lying about everything.

Locke called himself Locke when he met Walt and said no such thing about anyone lying.

I think Ben poses as Jeremy Bentham and plays a visit to Walt.

According to Jack in his conversation with Ben at the end of season 4, Locke told him that "some very bad things happened" when the O6 left. Locke didn't say that. Of course, it's entirely possible that Jack just interpreted that, but Locke really only went as far as "We have to go back".

I'm just saying, I wouldn't be surprised if the Walt stuff is a plot hole.

I remember at the end of last season, when Sayid breaks Hurley out of the mental institution, he mentions "Bentham's dead". I might be wrong, but Hurley, I think, says something like "Why are you calling him that, just say..." before being cut off. And of course, in that timeline, it's only a day or so before they both actually encounter Ben (as seen in the first episodes this season).

It's safe to assume that Jack saw Locke identified as Jeremy Bentham when he came into the hospital, and technically, we only saw Locke's conversation with Kate from midway through.

Quick question. Why did Jack and the Others leave the Hydra island to go to "New Otherton" and did they go by boat?

The Others sure do go through a ton of elaborate schemes just to trick people. The Hydra Island, posing as a corporation for Juliette (is that her name? i can't remember), bringing Locke's dad to the island, dressing up like natives in costume and running around the island barefoot, posing at a camp full of empty huts, and I'm sure there's more than I'm forgetting.

That's why I kept thinking they were Dharma before the Dharma initiative was revealed to have been wiped out because it just seemed like they were doing a ton of tests to screw with people.

On top of that, is the Dharma Initiative still out there somewhere? Let's not forget they still dropped food for the Survivors.

And I sure hope that button gets explained. Like a whole season revolved around that damn button, I gotta think it meant more than stopping an EMP from going off.

Also, anyone think Libby in the mental hospital will ever be explained?

And I sure hope that button gets explained. Like a whole season revolved around that damn button, I gotta think it meant more than stopping an EMP from going off.

I honestly don't think it was much more than that. They had to stop the EMP from going off completely in order ot hide the islands presence from anyone trying to find it. Pressing the button every 108min let off a small and undetectable amount of the EMP so that it wouldn't build up and overload.

I don't know if this really explains anything, but does the fact that Locke is with the rest of flight 316 mean that the O6 and flight 316 are in the same time period?

Doubtful. I mean, this is Lost after all. There doesn't really need to be an explanation as to why some people were telelported back in time and others stayed in the present, and I doubt there will be one. It's just another anomoly of the wheel/island/etc at work.

Also, I think we can stop calling them the O6 now. Kate, Jack & Hurley are separated by time and space from Ben, Locke, Lapedis and most likely Sun. Aaron is who knows where, maybe with some Laywers or Claire's mom. Not sure where Sayid ended up. The new Marshall didn't seem too concerned with finding him, though. Anyway, there is no O6 any more.

I honestly don't think it was much more than that. They had to stop the EMP from going off completely in order ot hide the islands presence from anyone trying to find it. Pressing the button every 108min let off a small and undetectable amount of the EMP so that it wouldn't build up and overload.

But if it's that big of a deal, then why trust someone who's not an Other (Desmond) to do it for so long? Sure, Desmond was scared once the EMP went off, but it seems far too important a job.

Regarding Libby, Cuse & Lindeloff said in an interview that we won't find out any more info about her. I've just been dismissing everything off island for her as spooky Lost coincidences.

Like it's been stated before, it's safe to assume that Libby went bonkers after her husband died and that it's likely he was one of the people on the deck when Hurley caused it to collapse, hence her psuedo-obsession with him.

But if it's that big of a deal, then why trust someone who's not an Other (Desmond) to do it for so long? Sure, Desmond was scared once the EMP went off, but it seems far too important a job.

..because Ben is all about manipulating the weak and wounded. It wouldn't be that much of a stretch to get Kelvin or Desmond to do what they did given their state of mind and their state of life at the time.

The season 3 finale told us:

1. Locke visits Jack.

2. Jack starts to doubt himself and has a meltdown, flying back and forth over the pacific to try to recreate the crash.

3. Jack reads Locke's obituary in the newspaper during one of these flights and then calls Kate.

4. Jack attempts suicide.

It's implied that Jack had been living like this (2 through 4) for a while.

The only problem is that this new episode just revealed that the amount of time between 1 and 3 is only a few days at most. Locke dies, murder investigation, obituary in newspaper in a day or two. So a few days after Locke visited Jack, Jack grew a beard, developed a drug problem, made several flights across the pacific, and attempted to kill himself by jumping off a bridge...

I liked the episode as a whole. I liked Locke's interaction with Walt, short and sweet. Kinda saw Ben killing Locke a mile away when he was talking him down, we probably all did.

It's a toss up at this point to who the bigger bastard is between Charles and Ben.

I think they showed Locke eating the fruit just to show that he wasn't a ghost or...hell, I dunno. He can interact with stuff, but he's dead??? Is he going to remain ageless on the island now? Is Richard dead-ish?

1. Locke visits Jack.

2. Jack starts to doubt himself and has a meltdown, flying back and forth over the pacific to try to recreate the crash.

3. Jack reads Locke's obituary in the newspaper during one of these flights and then calls Kate.

The only problem is that this new episode just revealed that the amount of time between 1 and 3 is only a few days at most. Locke dies, murder investigation, obituary in newspaper in a day or two. So a few days after Locke visited Jack, Jack grew a beard, developed a drug problem, made several flights across the pacific, and attempted to kill himself by jumping off a bridge...

Jack could have been holding on to the obit for a while. The timeline confuses the hell out of me on this show

1. Locke visits Jack.

Jack could have been holding on to the obit for a while. The timeline confuses the hell out of me on this show

My favourite plot hole of this entire thing, if you can call it that, was that the high def screencap of the obit said that Bentham hanged himself.. but yet Jack had no idea he'd committed suicide when Eloise gave him the note. ;)

I have a theory, a slightly bizarre theory at that.

The Numbers are part of the Valenzetti Equation which is supposed to predict the end of humanity. DHARMA has been working to try and change the equation (and thus the numbers) but according to them they have yet to actually be able to do it.

WHAT IF, in a bitch of Hitchhiker's Guide sort of way, when the equation does change things reset back to a "zero" and as long as the equation/numbers are 'wrong' then the same loop of time is repeated, just with different numbers and possibly different people playing out the roles we have seen so far on the show. Due to the 'course-correct' nature of the Island, it is still trying to 'correct' itself and fix the equation, so as long as it is wrong it pushes people toward a way to change the equation and thus reset everything. In this way, the island is somewhat 'knowing' of the situation and is manipulating whomever it feels necessary to make things right.

So, in a way the island is almost like the universe shown in the film Groundhog Day, just over a much longer period of time (the period being however long it takes the island to change the equation and hopefully save humanity.

I can't quite figure out why the writers would put as much effort into including details like Locke hanging himself in the obit, but then miss the plot hole of Jack going crazy too quickly.

Also, Sayid seems to have flipped from hitman to peace corp guy back to hitman getting Hurley out of the hospital rather quickly.

Here's what I don't get. Widmore and Ben are supposed to have been leaders and I guess Locke is supposed to be the new one.

Yet through all of this we have Richard......what if he's the real leader pulling all the strings?

And of course there's Jacob. They call Ben and Wiidmore the leader, but they seem to answer to Jacob.

Sign in to follow this