TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RavishingRickRudo

LOST

This episode reminded me of Tricia Tanaka is Dead from Season 3 because it seemed like a huge chunk of the episode was devoted to humor. Still a good episode, but as it's been mentioned, it looks like we can finally move forward now that our three groups have all progressed.

I didn't notice Richard's name in the opening credits, so I was actually surprised when he showed up. Sawyer's line about the eyeliner was funny. The fact that Richard showed up in his regular clothes makes me wonder though: What IS the point of the Others/Hostiles dressing all raggedy? When Ben met him as a child, Richard was dressed in the ragged clothes, but he just approaches all the Dharma camp dressed oppositely?

Edit: Oh, and I was never aware that Horace was a leader of Dharma. On that note, I guess Horace will be breaking up with Michelle Dessler sooner or later, since he's with the other chick when Ben is born (which should be any day now, technically).

Speaking of Ben, wouldn't they have run into teenage Ben at some point in those three years?

Also - were they just going to live there until they got slaughtered in the purge?

Edit: Oh, and I was never aware that Horace was a leader of Dharma. On that note, I guess Horace will be breaking up with Michelle Dessler sooner or later, since he's with the other chick when Ben is born (which should be any day now, technically).

Wait what? Horace wasn't Ben's dad was he? I thought he met Ben and his dad when they showed up on the island.

And did the O6 get flashed back to 1974 while Locke and the others stayed in the present? It sure seems that way. Although previews would indicate otherwise....this is too confusing.

I mean Locke's people found an abandoned Dharma station, unless it was a fully functional one that nobody was using.......

Seems like Faraday was the only one that left on the submarine. Though you'd think Juliet would have known that it's not really 1974 outside the island and she could have returned to see her sister.

Jack, Kate, Sayid, Hurley, and Sun were all taken off the plane via a flash putting them in the 70's while Ceasar, The Chick, Ben, Locke, and the other people on the plane are in the present

Seems like Faraday was the only one that left on the submarine. Though you'd think Juliet would have known that it's not really 1974 outside the island and she could have returned to see her sister.

Why wouldn't it be 1974 off the island? How would they time travel back to present time when they leave via submarine?

Faraday is probably still there since we saw him in that time period checking out the orchid station as it was being built earlier this season.

Wait what? Horace wasn't Ben's dad was he? I thought he met Ben and his dad when they showed up on the island.

No, Horace isn't Ben's dad, but when Ben's parents were hiking in the woods somewhere in the US, and Ben's mother went into labor, Roger Workman (Ben's dad) ran to the nearby road for help where he met Horace and his other wife. After that, Ben and his father were recruited to Dharma by Horace.

No, Horace isn't Ben's dad, but when Ben's parents were hiking in the woods somewhere in the US, and Ben's mother went into labor, Roger Workman (Ben's dad) ran to the nearby road for help where he met Horace and his other wife. After that, Ben and his father were recruited to Dharma by Horace.

So Sawyer, Juliet, Miles, Daniel, and Jin are at the Island before Horace met Ben's dad then?

I thought this was an ok episode. It really didn't wow in any ways and the only "holy shit!" moment I had was with the statue. I don't expect every episode to be great, but I like to be kinda kept thinking about whats going on during the episode. I watched the episode with my mom and she's sorta following the show so she asks questions during the show and the only question she asked here was "Why do they have a pool table and telephones?".

Man, Elizabeth Mitchell is hot.

The scene between Sawyer and Richard was great.... but what does this mean for the future when Richard encounters the Losties?

Where are Rose and Bernard?

Wouldn't it be funny if the statue turns out to have Juliet's face?

The timeline doesn't work for Ben to not be there yet. It's already 1977. He's not 27 or younger when the Losties arrive, that's for sure.

I wonder what Sawyer would say if he knew he turned into Jack (probably "son of a bitch"). Becoming the de-facto leader, perpetuating a lie to keep his people safe, "let me do the talking".

At least he has his own Sawyer in Miles, the wise-cracking outsider.

Wouldn't it be funny if the statue turns out to have Juliet's face?

That wouldn't make any sense, though.

I'm sure Faraday stayed on the island because of that scene from the season opener. But, I haven't seen Hanso in any of these scenes with Sawyer's crew or any other past flashes with Horace. I'm wondering if he's gone at this point?

Now we've got a love square going on, interesting.

Jin's english has gotten much better.

I wonder what year Russo and her crew actually crashed?

There's so much mystery around Richard and the Others still. You think it's all going to get explained when Jack ends up with Ben in the town, then you find out the Dharma Initiative was killed and you don't know anything still! Great.

The timeline doesn't work for Ben to not be there yet. It's already 1977. He's not 27 or younger when the Losties arrive, that's for sure.

Ben is no doubt there. Sawyer and friends are just being wise about interacting with him, I'm guessing.

I don't think so. As Mik said, the timeline doesn't work out. It's entirely possible that Horace had been with and left that woman since Sawyer and friends showed up.

Also, where do you get that Horace was the leader of Dharma?

It's been bugging me since last night, not being able to figure out where I saw that 1 Dharma dude from the beginning of the episode (the one who walks in on the other guy & girl dancing). He played Jimmy Barrett on Mad Men - thanks, Lostpedia!

That was great stuff, nothing mind-blowing in terms of revelations or surprises (besides the statue) but it progressed the story really well and Sawyer carried it on his back. I enjoyed Richard hinting that The Others were all possibly "special" people by mentioning to Horace how the fence won't keep them out. Goddamn Kate coming back and ruining shit, Sawyer and Juliet were such a sweet couple.

That statue picture is a mindfuck, though. Looks Egyptian. Is it of a female? Because it appears to have long hair and is wearing a skirt.

I enjoyed Richard hinting that The Others were all possibly "special" people by mentioning to Horace how the fence won't keep them out.

It's as simple as wearing ear plugs...

I suppose but I prefer the idea that The Others are some advanced race of humans. More fun.

I enjoyed Richard hinting that The Others were all possibly "special" people by mentioning to Horace how the fence won't keep them out.

It's as simple as wearing ear plugs...

I suppose but I prefer the idea that The Others are some advanced race of humans. More fun.

I agree that it works better that way but they completely undercut that by showing just how easy it was to bypass the fence.

only like 6 more episodes left this season...that sucks. I wanna learn more about The Others and Dharma...and Jacob...is Jacob Horace? Wasn't he the dead guy last season Locke was talking to that was building a cabin

only like 6 more episodes left this season...that sucks. I wanna learn more about The Others and Dharma...and Jacob...is Jacob Horace? Wasn't he the dead guy last season Locke was talking to that was building a cabin

He was talking to Horace, who said he was building a cabin for him and his wife (i think), but no Jacob and Horace aren't the same person.

Re: Ben and why we didn't see him when Sawyer and everybody was working for Dharma....

Read a spoiler a while back that states that there's an episode that revolves around a teenage Ben and his days with Dharma so it's quite possible that he's either already there and we haven't seen him yet or he shows up with his father very soon.

Not sure if this was in the previews for the coming weeks but the following is a character reveal for the 9th episode of the season "Namaste". It's not somebody new but it's somebody we've yet to see on the show...

Just saw a promo image for an upcoming episode of a chubby, balding dude with glasses and the caption I read with it says that the guy in question is Radzinsky who was Kelvin's partner in The Swan hatch before Desmond showed up. Kelvin told Desmond that Radzinsky shot himself. He was also the guy who drew the crazy island map that lead to Locke figuring out how to make the blast doors shut.

The baby can't be Jacob. In 'Jughead' when Locke is having his conversation with Richard he brings up Jacob and Richard doesn't say anything but his body language indicates that he knows who Locke is talking about. And this episode took place after they buried the bomb.

Sign in to follow this