TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RavishingRickRudo

LOST

That was great stuff, nothing mind-blowing in terms of revelations or surprises (besides the statue) but it progressed the story really well and Sawyer carried it on his back. I enjoyed Richard hinting that The Others were all possibly "special" people by mentioning to Horace how the fence won't keep them out. Goddamn Kate coming back and ruining shit, Sawyer and Juliet were such a sweet couple.

That statue picture is a mindfuck, though. Looks Egyptian. Is it of a female? Because it appears to have long hair and is wearing a skirt.

I almost see animalistic ears at the back of the statue's head. Reminds me of Anubis or something similar.

I mean, if that's just YNA speculating then it shouldn't be tagged but if it's from a source he trusts then it should be. Speaking of, an episode title coming up is quite interesting....

Episode 14- The Variable. IMO this is going to have to do with the concept that something that's done in the past can change the future.

Ethan Rom

can't pass for 27 five years ago?

Personally? Looks wise, I don't think so. Also remember that

prior to 5 years ago when the age in question would be 27.. he appeared in Juliet's flashbacks 3 years prior to that.. and he certainly didn't look 24 in those episodes. Then again, maybe he was ageless like Richard? That is, until Charlie popped a cap in his ass.

Ethan Rom

can't pass for 27 five years ago?

Personally? Looks wise, I don't think so. Also remember that

prior to 5 years ago when the age in question would be 27.. he appeared in Juliet's flashbacks 3 years prior to that.. and he certainly didn't look 24 in those episodes. Then again, maybe he was ageless like Richard? That is, until Charlie popped a cap in his ass.

Also,

Ethan's last name is Rom. Horace is Goodspeed. Amy? We don't know yet. But if it's not Rom.. then I gotta say I'm getting a little sick of the pseudonym plot device, heh.

I mean, if that's just YNA speculating then it shouldn't be tagged but if it's from a source he trusts then it should be. Speaking of, an episode title coming up is quite interesting....

Episode 14- The Variable. IMO this is going to have to do with the concept that something that's done in the past can change the future.

someone told me it came from Darko UFO or whatever it's called. I know they've spoiled a lot in the past, so I dunno for sure

I still wanna know why Richard appeared to be the leader in the 50's and the 70's, but Ben was in charge after. Did he willingly give it up or was he ousted...was he looking for a new leader?

Edit: Oh, and I was never aware that Horace was a leader of Dharma. On that note, I guess Horace will be breaking up with Michelle Dessler sooner or later, since he's with the other chick when Ben is born (which should be any day now, technically).

I don't think so. As Mik said, the timeline doesn't work out. It's entirely possible that Horace had been with and left that woman since Sawyer and friends showed up.

Also, where do you get that Horace was the leader of Dharma?

I didn't mean that Horace was THE leader of Dharma, but he must have some kind of high rank considering that he was the only decision maker we saw, he (out of the entire camp I assume) was the one to go out and meet with Richard, and I think Sawyer even called him "their leader" when he was watching the tape of him drunk.

I guess if it's a preggers god or something that would make more sense

Taweret (Taueret, Taurt, Toeris, Ipy, Ipet, Apet, Opet, Reret) - The Great Female - was the ancient Egyptian goddess of maternity and childbirth, protector of women and children. Like Bes, she was both a fierce demonic fighter as well as a popular deity who guarded the mother and her newborn child.

http://www.touregypt.net/featurestories/taweret.htm

Edit: Oh, and I was never aware that Horace was a leader of Dharma. On that note, I guess Horace will be breaking up with Michelle Dessler sooner or later, since he's with the other chick when Ben is born (which should be any day now, technically).

I don't think so. As Mik said, the timeline doesn't work out. It's entirely possible that Horace had been with and left that woman since Sawyer and friends showed up.

Also, where do you get that Horace was the leader of Dharma?

I didn't mean that Horace was THE leader of Dharma, but he must have some kind of high rank considering that he was the only decision maker we saw, he (out of the entire camp I assume) was the one to go out and meet with Richard, and I think Sawyer even called him "their leader" when he was watching the tape of him drunk.

Oh sorry I read that wrong. "A" leader - definitely. Definitely a higher up.

Oh and for people thinking that this happened before Ben arrived, look at Horace when he met Roger Workman:

http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/Image:3x20_YoungHorace.jpg

Quite young and not haggard. Short hair. I don't think the writers would screw up with a plot hole that obvious. This is definitely all after Ben arrived. I just think that this episode had nothing to do with him, hence no appearances or run-ins.

Which is another rather huge plot hole. A guy like Ben would certainly notice when, in 2004, a plane happened to crash on the island carrying some people who'd lived in the same village with him for at least three years back during his childhood. The actor playing Ben was born in 1955, so unless we're supposed to think for some reason that the character is a hell of a lot younger than the guy portraying him, he was definitely on the island by 1974.

I'm wondering if maybe because the time skipping has stopped they're stuck where they are and can change things? I thought Faraday kind of alluded to that.

Then again, Charlotte already knew he was the crazy man in her village.

Damn I'm confused now.

I know it's only a week without a new episode, but I thought the whole point of them starting up midseason was so they could do all the episodes straight with no breaks. Are they holding back for sweeps or something?

If the show could stay this interesting then I wish they were doing full 20+ episode seasons again

I still wanna know why Richard appeared to be the leader in the 50's and the 70's, but Ben was in charge after. Did he willingly give it up or was he ousted...was he looking for a new leader?

I think Richard advises the leader of the Others and works along side of him.

I think Richard advises the leader of the Others and works along side of him.

But then we never see another leader. So far Ben, Richard, Jacob, and Widmore have either shown or stated (in Widmore's case) that they were the leaders of the Others. In Widmore's case, it might just be a ruse, but Richard is the one that is always around (probably due to his apparent inability to age). I think that Jacob is the controller of the island and everything on it (like a god/demi-god), Richard is his 'second', living ageless and choosing "leaders" to try and make sure that what needs to happen on and off the island happens (because for some unknown reason he isn't able to do EVERYTHING himself).

This goes back to my groundhog day/donnie darko theory of the island timeline repeating itself indefinitely with certain people acting as guides to try and make the other people do what needs to be done to fix/stop the loop and save humanity.

Another small theory is that births were still able to happen on the island until "the incident" at the Swan, which we don't know exactly what happened during.

I guess if it's a preggers god or something that would make more sense

Taweret (Taueret, Taurt, Toeris, Ipy, Ipet, Apet, Opet, Reret) - The Great Female - was the ancient Egyptian goddess of maternity and childbirth, protector of women and children. Like Bes, she was both a fierce demonic fighter as well as a popular deity who guarded the mother and her newborn child.

http://www.touregypt.net/featurestories/taweret.htm

Here's an idea, maybe because the statue went down it cursed the Island and women can't have babies on the Island.

I finally got caught up, anyways I was plowing through episodes the last two days and haven't looked through all Season 5 pages, but my question is:

Did Ben go to kill Penny before they got on the plane? I know he said to Jack he would meet him at the airport because he had to fufill a promise he made to an old friend.

And he showed up on the phone with a bloody face.

Sign in to follow this