TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RavishingRickRudo

LOST

We'll probably get a episode with Ben that will be done the same way as Locke's. Bouncing between the Island and what he did in L.A. when we didn't see him.

TORONTO!

YEAH!

HER HUSBAND!!! YEEEAH!

READ IT! OUT LOUD!

DON'T STOP NOW! YOU'RE GETTIN TO THE GOOD PART!!!!!!!

HOLY FUCKING SHIT!!!!

HOLY FUCKING SHIT!!!!

NOW ABOUT... THAT.... KISS!!!!!!!

!@~!~@IU)($@(*#@(*!~!!!

Rudo was all about the CAPS LOCK in season 1

It's been bugging me since last night, not being able to figure out where I saw that 1 Dharma dude from the beginning of the episode (the one who walks in on the other guy & girl dancing). He played Jimmy Barrett on Mad Men - thanks, Lostpedia!

The other guy plays a cripple on Friday Night Lights, so that was pretty cool to see him in something else.

I guess if it's a preggers god or something that would make more sense

Taweret (Taueret, Taurt, Toeris, Ipy, Ipet, Apet, Opet, Reret) - The Great Female - was the ancient Egyptian goddess of maternity and childbirth, protector of women and children. Like Bes, she was both a fierce demonic fighter as well as a popular deity who guarded the mother and her newborn child.

http://www.touregypt.net/featurestories/taweret.htm

Here's an idea, maybe because the statue went down it cursed the Island and women can't have babies on the Island.

But, while we didn't see the statue after the Locke Flash, I would assume it was already gone or they probably would have mentioned it again before going into the "Beach/Orchid" argument.

Since this is a new show, we're all probably having a lil trouble with names... Here is my character guide...

Naveen Andrews - Sayid (Fought in the Gulf War on the side of... IRAQ~! I think he was in Alive, and I know he was in the Rollerball remake.)

Matthew Fox - Jack (Was a Spinal Surgeon. A DOCTOR. Thus far, squeeky clean, and abnormally heroic)

Jorge Garcia - Hurley (The fat one. Quite possibly, with a heart of gold... which may or may not be chloesterol build up.)

Maggie Grace - Shannon (There may be a criminal on the island, but she's jail bait.)

Josh Holloway - Sawyer (YEAH MOTHERFUCKER. He owned a truck! A black truck! And it had a skull on it somewhere! And he watched Motocross! He may, or may not, have a sensitive side.)

Malcolm David Kelley - Walt (The lil black kid who knows 2 things: how to spell bodies, and the old mans secret)

Yunjin Kim - Sun (Hot Asian who wants to unbutton her shirt. I see great potential here)

Daniel Dae Kim - Jin (A real man. He keeps his woman in check and is scared of Austrailian pregnant ladies... a fear I know all too well.)

Evangeline Lilly - Kate (She likes to cry in the rain, and strip in the sea. We wouldn't last, but then again, we wouldn't have to. Seems a bit clingy, and I think she may be in jail for killing her husband. No, we wouldn't last at all.)

Dominic Monaghan - Charlie (He plays in a Rock and Roll band, but flies Coach. He's a happy coke head... but what happens when he goes through withdrawl???)

Terry O'Quinn - Locke (He has a secret, loves old things, recognizes the light and the dark, and apparently is a hunter. He could be the greatest one of them all.)

Harold Perrineau Jr. - Michael (The father of the kid he doesn't really understand. Perhaps they will get to know each other a little bit better during this time of crisis... Herc from AICN said one of the problems he had was "How did they know there was a criminal from just looking at the handcuffs." Well, I dunno if you guys noticed this about Michael and how he relates to crime, but.... he was on oZ, so I think he' know. HA, I bet you thought I was going to say he associated handcuffs with crime because he was black!)

Emilie de Ravin - Claire (I don't know what dark secret they will give her -cause she's pregnant and harmless, but I can imagine.)

Ian Somerhalder - Boone (Wasn't this guy the gay dude from Rules of Attraction? We know he was a lifeguard but still can't give mouth to mouth to a woman, so he may still be gay here.)

I've always liked Rudo's character guide from a few weeks into the show.

I finally got caught up, anyways I was plowing through episodes the last two days and haven't looked through all Season 5 pages, but my question is:

Did Ben go to kill Penny before they got on the plane? I know he said to Jack he would meet him at the airport because he had to fufill a promise he made to an old friend.

And he showed up on the phone with a bloody face.

It's not known yet. But, in the 316's "pop-up repeat" - it specifically mentioned that Ben had told Widmore he was going to kill Penny right when he was telling Jack that he had to go tie up some loose ends...

I guess if it's a preggers god or something that would make more sense

Taweret (Taueret, Taurt, Toeris, Ipy, Ipet, Apet, Opet, Reret) - The Great Female - was the ancient Egyptian goddess of maternity and childbirth, protector of women and children. Like Bes, she was both a fierce demonic fighter as well as a popular deity who guarded the mother and her newborn child.

http://www.touregypt.net/featurestories/taweret.htm

Here's an idea, maybe because the statue went down it cursed the Island and women can't have babies on the Island.

But, while we didn't see the statue after the Locke Flash, I would assume it was already gone or they probably would have mentioned it again before going into the "Beach/Orchid" argument.

Yeah, what throws my idea off is the fact that Juliette delivered the baby and that both the baby and the mom survived (I forget her name) and I assume the statue is down by this time frame. But if the statue is indeed the hippo statue, it going down and cursing the island would make sense.

I really hope there's no curse. For some reason I can accept time travel, smoke monsters etc etc but an ancient egyptian curse would be a step too far for me.

I really feel sorry for Juliette...not that I care about her character that much, but getting involved with 2 different guys who are both more into Kate than her? Ouch.

TORONTO!

YEAH!

HER HUSBAND!!! YEEEAH!

READ IT! OUT LOUD!

DON'T STOP NOW! YOU'RE GETTIN TO THE GOOD PART!!!!!!!

HOLY FUCKING SHIT!!!!

HOLY FUCKING SHIT!!!!

NOW ABOUT... THAT.... KISS!!!!!!!

!@~!~@IU)($@(*#@(*!~!!!

Rudo was all about the CAPS LOCK in season 1

I have no idea what that was about. But it had to be AWESOME~!!

This was a GREAT episode, btw. Echoing LOTC's comments in saying Sawyer carried this bitch. Very nice build to him becoming the man only to have it crumble when he sees Kate.

Michelle Dessler is still hot.

I think what made it so great, besides the performances (very much an ACTING-driven piece of episode), was that it took its time in describing what life was like before everything changed.

Yay, new episode tonight.

I was looking at some of the upcoming episode titles on TV.com, and here's the title of the season finale:

The Incident

I assume that means that we won't be leaving the 70's for a while since, I think, the incident that Marvin Candle has referred to happened in the 70's.

I'm really excited for this episode, as well. What's particularly exciting is, as I mentioned a few weeks ago, all of the plot threads have finally caught up with one another, so everything can finally start to move forward after a few weeks of being in a bit of a holding pattern. We can finally get some answers as to where and when everyone is, and hopefully why they're there.

I'm not feeling too good about Frank's chances in the next 10 minutes.

Ben absolutely stole the scene he was in. "How did that work out for everyone?"

Too bad it was obvious because it was the same actor. Cool nonetheless.

Nice transition episode.

And next week looks bananas.

I did enjoy Sawyer putting Jack in his place. It's too bad "the incident" is probably going to happen under Sawyer's watch, thus undoing all his greatness.

Really curious what happened to Faraday.

Yes, Radzinsky was Kelvin's partner, and he put a shotgun in his mouth to cause the stain on top of the Swan's ceiling.

Well, that's what they said happened anyways. It's Lost, remember.

This was a solid episode because nothing really "happened" but it got everything together and fleshed out some minor details. We know that Radizinsky (and maybe Dharma as a whole) have found the frozen wheel but haven't built The Swan yet and they're paranoid that The Hostiles want it. We know because of the season premiere that Daniel is around as a Dharma workman when they find the wheel but he's not around when Jack and Co. arrive so something happens between then that causes Dan to bounce.

I have no clue what the fuck is going on with Christian but his more increased presence on the show, coupled with the fact that Matthew Fox is the only cast member who knows how the show is going to to end makes me think that Jack and his pappy are going to play a big role the rest of the way.

How do we know that Radzinsky knows about the donkey wheel? Was that on the blast door map or what?

I actually found this episode a little disappointing. The whole "not much happening, but fleshing out minor details" thing was what I thought the show was doing the last month or so. I was ready for the plot to really start moving forward tonight, and that didn't really happen.

One very cool Easter-egg in the Christian / Sun scene was the blond haired women ((ghost?) Claire?) hidden in the corner of the room.

5x09clairethumb470x2642.jpg

Other cool stuff:

- The landing strip being on the secondary island, partly thanks to Sawyer and Kate breaking some rocks early in season 3 - I wonder if Ben knew his life would depend on it at the time?

- The kid's name is Ethan.

- When the pilot attempts to make a mayday call, the transmission of "the numbers" can be heard.

- We get to meet Radzinsky (The guy building the model of "The Swan"). In the flashback of the season 2 episode Live Together, Die Alone, Kelvin tells Desmond that his original hatch partner Radzinsky committed suicide by a shotgun blast to the head, hence the blood stain on the ceiling.

- Sawyer's smackdown of Jack was on the money, in re-guard to thinking instead of just reacting.

I'm trying to think of who died as a direct result of a decision(s) made by Jack. Meanwhile, Sawyer lead a group to the barracks, which got attacked by Keamy's team, as well as being in charge when the left-behinds got flaming-arrowed earlier this season, so I'm not sure that part of Sawyer's verbal smackdown holds that much water.

EDIT: Sawyer did not lead the group to the barracks, that was Locke.

Yep, Jack getting blamed for deaths is all kind of wrong. Its Charles and Ben who's responsible if anything. Everyone got caught in the crossfire of their feud during season4.

How do we know that Radzinsky knows about the donkey wheel? Was that on the blast door map or what?

I actually found this episode a little disappointing. The whole "not much happening, but fleshing out minor details" thing was what I thought the show was doing the last month or so. I was ready for the plot to really start moving forward tonight, and that didn't really happen.

We don't know that Radzinsky knows about the donkey wheel. I'm just piecing things together timeline-wise because Daniel was still around "working" for Dharma when they discovered it and he's left the island by the time the Ajira place crash takes place.

Sign in to follow this