TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RavishingRickRudo

LOST

I think the theory that makes the most sense is that Richard comes to get him, watches him seemingly come back to life, and that's how he ends up as the leader of the Others some day.

[TV Guide's] Michael Ausiello speculates that Pellegrino is playing Jacob in an off-island, circa-’70s flashback involving some very familiar faces.

I'm not exactly thrilled that we're stuck in the 70s until at least the end of this season.

The fact that the Jacob role has been cast makes me happy that Jacob won't end up being one of our current characters (IE Jack, Locke, etc.) due to time traveling hijinx or other craziness. I don't think that theory was speculated much on here, but I've seen it on other boards quite a few times.

I'm with you on that one.

Question I have is are we ever going to see Rose, Bernard and Co. again? Rose and Bernard were big enough characters to at least warrent an onscreen death, or getting off the island and living happily ever after. Or something along those lines.

Rose and Bernard is a mystery, Faraday will be back this season and have a very important role. His notebook is basically a treasure chest of answers when it comes to the mythology of Lost.

I think Rose and Bernard and whoever else survived that attack on the beach, are all together hiding out somewhere. I'm guessing Dharma/The Others finding them in this time period is going to cause a problem for the other castaways in terms of the lie.

And Locke fans fear not, whether he comes back tonight or not until the finale, Season 6 might as well be named after the man. I can excuse a lack of him now for an abundance of him when it matters.

well how about that, so Jack didn't want to save child Ben because of the man that he turns into, but it's Jack's refusal to save him that leads him to being made that way, gotta love it, heh

well how about that, so Jack didn't want to save child Ben because of the man that he turns into, but it's Jack's refusal to save him that leads him to being made that way, gotta love it, heh

Jack can't win, can he? I really hope they take him down a more villainous path as I don't care much for him as the "good guy".

Hell of an episode, few interesting things.

When Richard popped up out of nowehere, he looked dirtier than usual, almost covered in a soot, like what you would look like if you walked through thick, black smoke.

He made reference to Charles and Ellie. Charles being Widmore, Ellie being the blonde we met in Jughead. Ellie seems short for Eloise (Hawkings) to me, and that explains Faraday's reaction to meeting her in Jughead. Of course how Widmore at that point is both on the Island and responsible for investing in the Dharma initiative is hard to understand. Maybe he only got involved with Dharma after leaving the island?

Great episode, next week looks amazing and should be more insight to what the others are. Can't wait to learn what Richard did to save Ben, and how that results in the loss of innocence, and how all that connects to Walt and young John.

- So I'm thinking in terms of The Others power structure they have leaders but Richard is more like their "prophet", acting on Jacob's behalf by choosing the leader but not having any actual power over the underlings and such. He doesn't answer to them but it seems like they don't answer to him either.

- Gotta love how Sayid and Jack think that they're going to change the future but the island course-corrects it by having Kate and Sawyer take Ben to Richard.

- It seems that once somebody is in The Temple they are changed, devoted to the island. Example of this is when Robert is arguing with Danielle he's attempting to justify the black cloud. He also attempts to kill her because he serves the island now and she is a threat.

- In season one, was the black cloud trying to pull Locke into the ground to take him to the temple and make him one of The Others?

Definitely makes sense, but what separates people in the eyes of the smoke? Why did it kill Eko and want Locke?

And of course, is it all course correction, or is this what happened? We've yet to see anything that would directly change the history of this show as we know it, and everything that's happening is falling in line with the history as we know it. Really makes you wanna go back, so kudos to the writers on a device that makes rewatching so much fun.

We don't. When Richard said that Ben wouldn't remember any of it, he could have specifically been referring to the Others' healing process or whatever, as opposed to the entire ordeal of getting shot. The fact that Hurley and Miles' conversation mentioned Ben possibly recognizing Sayid and everyone else (without providing a definitive answer) makes me think that this will be a huge point in future episodes.

Well in previous episodes we did see a therapist telling Juliet that Ben was fond of her because she 'looked just like her', and she was the doctor taking care of Ben, and Ben knowing Sayid is a killer deep down is something a kid who was shot by Sayid would know, so that gives it some credence.

But going back and watching old episodes there doesn't seem to be any foreshadowing with the way he reacts to meeting them.

But going back and watching old episodes there doesn't seem to be any foreshadowing with the way he reacts to meeting them.

You also have to consider the type of character Ben is. Nobody imagined that he would be the sadistic leader that he is when they thought his name was Henry Gale.

Well in previous episodes we did see a therapist telling Juliet that Ben was fond of her because she 'looked just like her', and she was the doctor taking care of Ben, and Ben knowing Sayid is a killer deep down is something a kid who was shot by Sayid would know, so that gives it some credence.

I guess you can consider the fact that he knows everything about everyone in 2004 to be foreshadowing. Of course, we know the Others have powerful resources to obtain such info, but it's possible that once the Losties left the 1970's (assuming they do), Ben might become aware that they aren't who they said they were and use his resources to keep tabs on them (that is, from when they are young in the 1970's and forward, pre-crash) up until the point where they crash on the island. The only thing that I can think of that might disprove that at this point would be the scene where Ben visits Mikail in the Flame right after the crash and, I believe, asks about the flight manifest among other things. I don't remember the details about the scene, so I can't say if something disproves the theory or not.

Yeah I find most of the evidence against it during those episodes showing how they reacted to the Crash. They didn't seem to do anything beyond basic info gathering and Ben seemed shocked by a plane crashing there.

Of course he seems to find the power to manipulate people in his understanding of their personality, so it would explain his character a great deal if he were to have known of them since he was a child. Although trying to look at the timeline of this show as a constant loop, which you would then have to if Ben did everything he did as a child as a direct result of the actions he's taken as an adult, might ruin a lot of the fun.

Kate's never done much for me...but she was just smoking hot in the grocery store.

If Lost was a little sillier I'd almost think Richard was a soul sucker and it kept him young. Glad we're seeing more of him this season. Looking forward to more backstory

You also have to consider the type of character Ben is. Nobody imagined that he would be the sadistic leader that he is when they thought his name was Henry Gale.

Didn't Damon & Carlton admit that they didn't have a long term plan "Henry Gale"? Michael Emerson was signed for only a few episodes, but they loved his performance so much they decided keep him around and make "Henry" the leader of the others.

Theory on the latest news and some episode titles....

"The incident" is actually the 'birth' of jacob, who starts out as a dharma employee and is somehow transformed or becomes lost in a time loop of sorts or something else entirely.

May not fit with Locke and Richards conversations during the flashing, as we're talking 50's and 70's, but assuming things have to go in chronological order to make sense is pretty silly when it comes to LOST, at this point.

Sign in to follow this