TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RavishingRickRudo

LOST

Yeah well maybe some of us are just FUCKING glad we're at least getting some FUCKING HOLY SHIT moments instead of boring FUCKING bullshit with EMO Jack and his EMO Others buddies, regardless of the writing.

Whatever dude. I was hating on this show for a long time. Excuse me if I finally enjoyed an episode that didn't happen to live up to your standards.

Oh, it'll be great. He can sit around and crack jokes in Spanish with Paulo. Jack's dad can sit around making homemade moonshine to fuel his booze habit and Sayid can declare jihad on the ass of Nadia after she magically turns up.

Well, the title of this episode confirms that Locke's dad is the previous Sawyer, not that most of us hadn't inferred that already. I'd just like to point out that everything is obvious in hindsight but this 'Holy Shit' moment was pretty much given ahead of time. I still didn't realize it until they wanted me to, but looking back it was 'obvious' considering I've watched the show since season 1 as well. At least the hate is more constructive now... instead of the balance which they fixed, it's the cliffhanger endings, which has been used in serial dramas since the beginning of time. Could it have been better, sure, but the entire series is built on the connections between the characters. I know a lot of people want to forget about that entire plot device but they might as well wrap up the loose ends before they get canceled.

I enjoyed that episode, and I dug Locke's mega-bump. I'm holding off on calling bullshit to the ending, just because it seems pretty obvious to me that the Others kidnapped Locke's dad and brought him to the island. If he was there all along, if he was an Other, or if he came to be in that room for any other reason, then it's time for the bullshit stamp.

Well, that's true... but Heroes is in season 1, just like when everybody was saying the same thing about LOST compared to Twin Peaks (I think that was it). Can't wait for Heroes season 3 when everyone's like that new serial drama about something scifi/mystery that hasn't been done quite like it, is in season 1. Mass exodus I tell ya. The writing is similar quality but granted not as good as the first season. You're just used to it is all. Sit back, relax, let the show do its thing and pray that the worst thing you have to complain about is a great episode with a (I guess) somewhat formulaic end.

I enjoyed that episode, and I dug Locke's mega-bump. I'm holding off on calling bullshit to the ending, just because it seems pretty obvious to me that the Others kidnapped Locke's dad and brought him to the island. If he was there all along, if he was an Other, or if he came to be in that room for any other reason, then it's time for the bullshit stamp.

Completely agree. Then everyone can bitch ad nausium and deservedly so. That would just be weak writing, period.

EDIT: didn't make it clear what I agreed with.

I am convinced that Locke's dad is not his dad at all and Locke is obsessed as hell with him because he fell so hard for the con. He got conned, but is naive enough to STILL believe that the guy is his dad.

Also, I was under the impression that the "magic box" on the island was an analogy for the smoke monster, in that it makes what you want appear (Jack's dad, Kate's horse, Dave, Yimi, etc.). Now, it took the form of Locke's "dad."

Either that, or he was brought to the island a long time ago, and is possibly tied into the powerful group behind DHARMA. Whichever it is, he has not been kidnapped and held hostage.

Up until the last 30 seconds this episode was solid gold.

I groaned at the end but I'll wait to reserve judgment until they give an explanation.

Also, I was under the impression that the "magic box" on the island was an analogy for the smoke monster, in that it makes what you want appear (Jack's dad, Kate's horse, Dave, Yimi, etc.). Now, it took the form of Locke's "dad."

that was what I figured - what he wanted was to get payback against his "dad" and voila it shows him his dad tied up ready to be made a bitch. I'm actually surprised that so many people are talking about him as if he's really there.

Eko's death episode made it fairly clear that these manifestations were Lostzilla, or connected to Lostzilla.

that was what I figured - what he wanted was to get payback against his "dad" and voila it shows him his dad tied up ready to be made a bitch. I'm actually surprised that so many people are talking about him as if he's really there.

If Locke's dad is just a manifestation of the Smoke Monster, why did Ben tell Zeke to fetch 'the man from Tallahassee'? And if it's just a manifestation of what Locke wants to see, how come his father was presumably already in the cell when Locke opened the door?

Good episode. Just like the person said before, give me a break with the Hero's is so much better wah wah wah! Let's see if Hero's is still watchable in it's third season let alone as good as Lost.

Definately a good episode, the ending didnt bother me nearly as much as some are saying here, as it will be interesting to see where they go from here with all of that. I dont think that was a vision of the smoke monster at all, but otherwise, I don't get it - but in this case, its a good thing.

Yeah, I definitely enjoyed the episode until the ending. I didn't hate it, but it seems so contrived. Man, Locke's dad is pure evil. Like Barry Bonds evil.

And I've had it up to here with the Others being 10 steps ahead of the Losties.

Good episode. Just like the person said before, give me a break with the Hero's is so much better wah wah wah! Let's see if Hero's is still watchable in it's third season let alone as good as Lost.

Find me the post in question where I said Heroes is so much better.

Why?

Because he keeps getting conned again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again.

Sign in to follow this