TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Angle-plex

Why is....

They say he is from New York and then he drives out with BULL HORNS on the front of his limo and a cowboy hat on his head. Is there a reason for this or is it one of those things that we are not supposed to understand?

He moved there from Shithole, TX after getting rich from his Stock Market investments.

Guest Staravenger

It's pretty much a stereotype rich texan who moves to New York. Or someone who wishes they are a cowboy.

It would make more sense for them to say that he's from Texas with his current gimmick. Does WWE think that there aren't any rich people in Texas? Bradshaw should buy an oil company or something.

It's more that they want to establish that Bradshaw sold out and turned his back on his Texas heritage.

I guess the theory is that Texans will boo him because he betrayed them, and New Yorkers will boo him because he isn't really one of them.

And Canadians will boo him because he just sucks.

It's more that they want to establish that Bradshaw sold out and turned his back on his Texas heritage.

I guess the theory is that Texans will boo him because he betrayed them, and New Yorkers will boo him because he isn't really one of them.

And everybody else will boo him because he just sucks.

edited for accuracy

I somehow doubt that Texas is that upset about Bradshaw moving to a different state, and I don't think New York would necessarily hate people that move there considering it happens basically every day. Besides, Bradshaw's "methodical pace" in the ring would be enough to get him booed out of a building almost anywhere if SummerSlam was any indicator.

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen

I KNEW IT! AP is turning into AS!

Oh and the reason he's billed from New York is because they said he... get this... MOVED THERE. I mean, everyone knows when you move someplace you automatically stop being who you are and assume all the stereotypical characteristics of the new place you live in, right?

I somehow doubt that Texas is that upset about Bradshaw moving to a different state, and I don't think New York would necessarily hate people that move there considering it happens basically every day. Besides, Bradshaw's "methodical pace" in the ring would be enough to get him booed out of a building almost anywhere if SummerSlam was any indicator.

I said in theory. Getting heat for selling out only works if they gave a shit about you in the first place, which in the case of Bradshaw hardly anybody did.

If I were Texan, I sure as hell wouldn't be eager to point out that prat with the gut, black & white cowboy boots and hardcore belt with horns on it was from my home state.

I guess I just don't understand why they would bill a stereotypical texan, complete with a bull horn limo and cowboy hat, from New York. Actually, I think if he said he was a "Texas Hero" or something along those lines, it would have worked out better. They should have played up the Texas thing more, imo.

Guest JMA

This is kind of funny. Before Bradshaw even became JBL, I suggested that WWE bill him as being from New York. The idea was to get him heel heat in the south for being a pseudo-Yankee. Not to mention that it fits since a large number of businessmen live in New York City.

In regards to the cowboy hat and bull-horns, I always assumed that JBL was trying to "prove" that even though he was wealthy and moved out of Texas, he still respected his roots. Of course, the character actually doesn't respect his roots, but he wants people to think he does.

I guess I just don't understand why they would bill a stereotypical texan, complete with a bull horn limo and cowboy hat, from New York. Actually, I think if he said he was a "Texas Hero" or something along those lines, it would have worked out better. They should have played up the Texas thing more, imo.

They tried that, it didn't work. For the longest time Bradshaw's only gimmick was that he was from Texas.

In any case, a Texas hero won't get booed in Texas... unless he's sold out and moved to New York.

Once again, in theory.

They tried that, it didn't work. For the longest time Bradshaw's only gimmick was that he was from Texas. In any case, a Texas hero won't get booed in Texas... unless he's sold out and moved to New York.

They tried the "texas hero" thing when Bradshaw was a face. If he was an obnoxious, arrogant heel it would work. And I'm quite sure Texas WOULD boo someone who was claiming to represent his home state if he was being a dick all over the country.

Guest JMA
JBL somewhat reminds me of JR Ewing. He should claim to be from Dallas.

So does this mean Vince is going to do a "Who Shot JBL?" angle soon?

That would be great. Although, it would probably have to be a "Who Attacked JBL?" angle. I really could see WWE doing something like that. There would probably even be a suspect list with guys like Eddie, Jordan, Simmons, Big Show, El Gran Luchador, Taker, and many others.

Actually, what would be a great JBL angle is if Bradshaw finds Al Wilson in his shower, who reveals the past two years of Smackdown were just a dream.

Guest bigm350

Maybe Barry Windham could be the shooter claiming "I should have been the one to get the push from the New Blackjack team. Damn you Blackjack Bradshaw!"

Guest JoeyStyles

And Canadians will boo him because he just sucks.

And they will all unite and do the wave b/c they would give 2 shits about JBL.

I somehow doubt that Texas is that upset about Bradshaw moving to a different state, and I don't think New York would necessarily hate people that move there considering it happens basically every day.

But don't you see? He moves from tiny little Sweet Water, TX where everybody knows your name up to Donald Trump's apartment highrise in, as they say in those pecante sauce ads that played in the 80s/90s, "NEW YAWK CITEE?"

Well sheeeeit, Billy Bob, ol' Johnny Boy Bradshaw ain't care 'bout no family or neighbors, only money. Let's boo him just to git on his nerves!