TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

MLB Game Chatter

Guest Anglesault
Why?

Just fucking why?

Because the Indians rank second in baseball in runs scored. Thus they tend to score runs.

But they were going up against one of the best relievers in the AL, who tends not to give up runs.

Doesn't matter now though. Hopefully.

Guest Anglesault

God help us, they're running the super fucked up "Oh My God they Killed Jeter" defense.

Guest Anglesault

I know this would be a funny stat to look up, but is there a way to compare the Yankees numbers against a team's better relievers (closers, set up men, and the like) as opposed to the crappy ones? I think it's the exact opposite of what it logically should be

You could look up their stats against each team individually at the least. Against Baltimore, they've hit 300/394/519 as a team. Against Kansas City, they've hit 323/419/531. Against Detroit, they hit 228/291/461. Those are three of the four worst pitching teams. The worst is Cleveland, but one game isn't worth a comparison. Two of them they hit hard, but they struggled against Detroit. That might be due to Detroit's home park.

Against Boston, they hit 240/336/379. Against Minnesota, 292/339/453. Against Oakland, 307/387/514. Against Anaheim, 227/312/368. Odd numbers there. Oakland's bullpen requires little explanation. They hit poorly against Anaheim and Boston, as we might expect.

Really, I don't see any evidence there that says the Yankees hit poorly against bad bullpens, and vice versa.

Guest Anglesault
You could look up their stats against each team individually at the least. Against Baltimore, they've hit 300/394/519 as a team. Against Kansas City, they've hit 323/419/531. Against Detroit, they hit 228/291/461. Those are three of the four worst pitching teams. The worst is Cleveland, but one game isn't worth a comparison. Two of them they hit hard, but they struggled against Detroit. That might be due to Detroit's home park.

Against Boston, they hit 240/336/379. Against Minnesota, 292/339/453. Against Oakland, 307/387/514. Against Anaheim, 227/312/368. Odd numbers there. Oakland's bullpen requires little explanation. They hit poorly against Anaheim and Boston, as we might expect.

Really, I don't see any evidence there that says the Yankees hit poorly against bad bullpens, and vice versa.

I meant they seem to hit the strong parts of a teams bullpen better than the weaker parts.

Note to self: If I am a manager, I hit the third baseman with 4 home runs in the year in the #3 spot, over a guy who has 37 home runs on the year.

Tony Pena is a genius!

Isn't that a petty comment though? Randa has the fourth best OBP on the team, behind DeJesus, Sweeney, and Harvey.

This Kazmir trade is making me puke. THe Mets might be the most unorganized organization in baseball. After what Peter GAmmons just said and after Kazmir's start tonight with the fact that Zambrano is prob out for the yr...FUUCK Wilpon and screw this team.

What the fuck happened to Ben Sheets? Did the book just finally get passed around on him, or is he dragging and getting tired from striking out too many people in the first half?

I don't think it's necessarily that he's fallen apart. He's just had next to no run support this season, especially in the second half, where most of the Brewer pitchers are having the same problem.

It doesn't help that the Cubs have seen Sheets five times within the last six weeks or so. Even the best pitcher becomes easier to hit when you see him so often in such a short time.

Can someone tell me how the Sox only got 3 hits and struck out 13 times against TED FUCKING LILLY?! See, THIS is why we Sox fans just CAN NOT get behind this year's team. I really wouldn't be surprised if they get swept by Toronto. I won't.

Guest Staravenger

Weird shit like that happens. How come the Yankees were held down to just 4 hits yesterday against some pitcher on the Angels who's record was below .500?

I can assume the BJays won? (celebrates)

Kelvim Escobar has shitty run support, so that's why he's under .500.

And I'm really pissed I worked tonight and missed Lilly's game. The only other time this year I've seen him be dominating was in Minnesota in April or May. Nice to see someone besides Josh Towers pitch well, too.

Can someone tell me how the Sox only got 3 hits and struck out 13 times against TED FUCKING LILLY?! See, THIS is why we Sox fans just CAN NOT get behind this year's team. I really wouldn't be surprised if they get swept by Toronto. I won't.

Easy they didn't show up. Every team does that a long win streak, with the exception of St.Louis.

I'm looking at Productive Outs again. It's amazing. Paul Abbott was the fifth best pitcher at preventing them this season. How did he give up so many runs?!

And here's your Kazmir/V. Zambrano comparison thus far....

Zambrano 2-0, 3.86 ERA, 14 IP, 14 K, 6 BB, 0 HR

Kazmir 1-0, 0.00 ERA, 5 IP, 4 K, 3 BB, 0 HR

Another good start, and the Devil Rays win this trade before the year is over.

"So you start to say, 'Can you get somebody over the next three years who you think possibly can help our team win right now because our players on the field - one of the youngest infields in baseball - are maturing and getting ready to win soon?' How long do you want to wait for Kazmir?"

-Rick Peterson, 8/3/2004

Can someone tell me how the Sox only got 3 hits and struck out 13 times against TED FUCKING LILLY?!  See, THIS is why we Sox fans just CAN NOT get behind this year's team.  I really wouldn't be surprised if they get swept by Toronto.  I won't.

Easy they didn't show up. Every team does that a long win streak, with the exception of St.Louis.

Well, that and the fact that Ted Lilly ain't no joker this year, as they say in the suburban hood. 3.66 ERA, nearly a strikeout an inning.

And, while there's really no disputing the merits of the Kazmir/Zambrano trade, I don't think we should start the bandwagon just yet - the Mariners aren't exactly an offensive juggernaut and they probably didn't have the book on Kazmir just yet (considering that he wasn't even expected to be up this year).

Guest Anglesault

The Yankees absolutelty have to hit an Indian tonight. They just have to.

That being said, they won't, and the rest of baseball will still look at the Yankees batters and lick their lips, because they can hit anyone they want, any time they want for any reason they want, and the Yankee pitchers will do nothing.

I doubt too many people picked Adrian Beltre to be the leagues first 40-Home run hitter of the season. As good as he was the first half he looks to be continuing his trend of performing stronger after the all-star break, and he's doing all this still troubled by the bone spurs in his ankle.

Adrian Beltre with a grand slam tonight.

This guy deserves the friggen MVP, he's carrying the Dodgers on his back.

As of 8/23, Adrian Beltre was tied for 9th place with JD Drew in NL Win Shares so I think there's a few more deserving players of the MVP.

Wow. Roy Oswalt is making a relief appearance.

Guess they figured he could go an inning, since his dumb ass got tossed before completing three innings during his last start.

And the Cubbies continue to blast opposing pitchers. I know it's a bit deceiving since they're now playing mediocre teams, at best. But this is still a lineup that got totally pwned by the likes of Oswalt, Sheets and even Capuano earlier in the season, but have all delivered a certified whoopin' to all of them in the last week.

I'm loving the lineup Dusty's using right now. Lee in the two slot is odd, but it's working and Patterson is has been hitting this month like I expected him to all season, since he moved up to the leadoff spot. And Matt Clement must've been estatic to get 13 runs of support. He hasn't gotten that much in all his starts combined.

Guest Anglesault

If we lose this game, A-Rod should take all the fucking blame. Seriously, when he came up with RISP, we should have let the squirrel pinch hit. What a fucking joke this is now.