TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest The Masked Yodeler

The NFL Superpro

Guest The Masked Yodeler

Does anyone else remember this guy?  He was a generic hero who was former football player, and wore a football suit for his hero-ing.  He had one of the worst origin stories ever too, he was in a photolab in a burning building, and the burning fumes gave him super strength/speed invulnerablity, etc.

Guest gthureson

Never heard of him.

The burning fumes of a photolab, huh?   Woulda figured it'd give him something more like photographic memory or something.

Whose book was he in?

Guest The Masked Yodeler

He had his own series on Marvel.  In fact, the first issue had a special appearence by none other than Spiderman.  My guess is Marvel paid a pretty penny for the NFL license and wanted to make sure that they got a return on it.  It was futile though as, as far as I know, NFL Superpro only ran 12 issues, plus a one-shot origin story.

Guest Judas14
Does anyone else remember this guy?  He was a generic hero who was former football player, and wore a football suit for his hero-ing.  He had one of the worst origin stories ever too, he was in a photolab in a burning building, and the burning fumes gave him super strength/speed invulnerablity, etc.

Superpro is one of those comics Marvel put out in the 1990s that everyone points to as how bad Marvel was during this time period.

Guest Zack Malibu

I remember this comic.  I actually have the whole run of it, because when I was young I had a subscription to virtually every Marvel Comic.  I also remember that he had a sidekick,his cameraman or something, and an enemy named Instant Replay.

Now I'm gonna  have to go digging for these.  They're probably behind my stack of BILL AND TED'S EXCELLENT COMIC BOOK ADVENTURE.

Guest gthureson

"Aaiiiihhhh!  Someone get him off!  He's WELDING A DOG TO MY FACE!"

Thats up there with the Catsignal.

Guest gthureson

Part of Six-Packs old crimefighting team that he put back together to help Tommy in Hitman.

My favorite was Bueno Excellente.

"He uses the powers of perversion to fight evil."

You fill in the blanks.

Guest areacode212

"Bueno.........."

LOL. He was the greatest, and I loved the way Garth always forced you to use your imagination to figure out what exactly this guy's powers were.