TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Vern Gagne

AL Cy Young

I'm biased toward Johan Santana but Mark Mulder and Curt Schilling will get serious consideration.

Santana has 14 wins, he's 2nd in ERA, 1st in K's, 1st in WHIP, 1st in opponent batting avg, 2nd in K:BB ratio.

Guest Staravenger

Too bad hasn't played enough to be considered, but Orlando Hernandez has been lighting everyones ass up since he returned.

Santana probably is the front runner, but things can change in an instant...OK, not that fast, but possible.

Guest Anglesault

The winner is Mulder or Santana, but I have a gut feeling that Schilling finishes second, and the loser in mulder/Santana is 3rd.

It absolutely should be Santana at the moment but Mulder is probably going to win it even though there is absolutely no case for him outside of his win/loss record.

Johan Santana: 181 IP, 132 HA, 63 ER, 207 K:46 BB(4.5:1), 3.13 ERA, 0.96 WHIP, .202 OBA

Mark Mulder: 191 IP, 169 HA, 79 ER, 121 K:64 BB(1.89:1), 3.72 ERA, 1.22 WHIP, .243 OBA.

Johan Santana clearly deserves the Cy Young unless you just look at records however if Santana keeps his streak going he could also reach 20+ wins. He trumps Mulder in every category whilst throwing 10 less innings as well.

I'd go with Johan Santana without a second's thought, though if the voting was today i'd fully expect Mark Mulder to win. If Santana keeps posting the numbers he has been over his seven or so game winning streak the award should be his by seasons end.