TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Jericholic82

MY LIVE REPORT OF RAW

Hey all you smarks, I'm here for my report, sorry it's late.

First of all, driving from Ventura County to Orange County is like death. Especially with at least 15 trucks on the freeway at one point.

So we got to the pond area about 1:30. Went across the street and grabbed some lunch for awhile. Went over to pond parking lot around 3:00 and parked. I took a picture in front of the WWE trucks and then my dad and I went over to the building. People were standing everywhere. I found out from this guy that Flair had done a book signing earlier in the day. Said he was kinda nasty to everyone except kids and women. So we talked with people in line for awhile. Then about 4:30 security got ready and came out. It appeared that they were just training them how to use the devices (which made me fear for their sanity). One of the guards mentioned he saw Rock earlier so we knew he'd be there. wen went through security and got inside to our seats. They also checked signs. Said something about no personal signs or websites. but i saw plenty inside (no numbers, except for 619 or 316-hello rey and austin will not be on this show DUH) they weren't so bad, we were sitting to the right and up of the ring as you see it on the regular middle cam on tv. the pond is much smaller than I would have thought and since the set and ring arent so big too, they seemed closer to us.

after buying some 4.50 sodas (no food, cuz we were not going to waste that much) checked the merchandise but they had no RAW shirts. weirdly they sell smackdown shirts at raw (which I don't think they should but....)

so we went back to the seats (which are far too small btw) and soon the fink came out and heat started. al snow and todd grisham are your announcers for heat this week.

We got the histroy of wwe desire video (with new shots of guys like cena added in so it was different, probably didnt want to show too much blurries lol) it got a nice ovation except for when they showed WCW (you stupid sheep)

1st match:Rodney Mack defeated Maven by pin

Boring match but the crowd was behind maven. I didn't clearly see the finish as the morons ahead of me kept standing up and holding up the same sign all night as if they were going to get on tv. Also of note, REodney Mack has a terrible new theme and it just keeps looping over and over (and the sound system was far too loud)

2nd Match

Chuck Palumbo pinned some bald jobber (sorry I didn't hear his name)annouced from Anaheim with a fallaway slam.

Crowd didnt react to the joober except for a few who yelled hey look a jobber. match was longer than it needed to be. The generic bald jobber in blue tights from anaheim actually kicked out of the "association of Italian businessmen's kick" (tm al snow) crowd didn't care. most popped for Palumbo's win. My dad did too since he is Italian.

3rd match

Chris Benoit def Tyson Tomko w/Trish by tapout to the crossface

Benoit got a HUGE pop, and the crowd was behind him loudly the whole match. As I sat there bewildered that this guy goes from Main eventing Summerslam, to main-eventing Heat. Ok match, but I missed some as my throw away camera was giving my trouble. Benoit hit a total of 9 germans on tomko in two sets (including 7 in a row) then hit the head BUTT to a big pop for only 2 (are all the crowd imitating Canada now, with the whole 2 thing?) Tries the sharpshooter again. Trish jumps on the apron and Benoit goes over to her (as most chanted hit her- one guy yelled kiss her) tomko went for his big boot . but Benoit ducked and countered into the crossface for the win (I believe, but my ememory is foggy again for some reason) Crowd gave Benoit a standing ovation all the way up the ramp (which is not that long as it looks on TV)

and thats it? maybe they ran out of time. Fink has some guy shoot the tshirt gun with some unforgiven shirts (oh god they're shilling for the ppv now)

I went for a restroom break, while they shot the teaser commercial

lillian badly sings the national anthem, while most disrespect it by talking and/or whating (GOD END THIS THING NOW MOST HAVE STOPPED OK CALI)

Coach comes out to boos and some cheering (hey I cheered for him)

the show opening hits and the pyro is loud and hot.

Opening segment

Coach is funny and crowd is glad to see Rock, who got the second biggest pop of the night. But it dragged far too long and the crowd was even bored halfway thru and we chanted for a match. I thought it was bad to watch this diva junk on tv but its far worse live. But not as quite annoying since when you are there, live anything seems fun.

Chris Jericho def Edge by DQ. Crowd was hot for Jericho and booed Edge (except for a few girls) I missed the false finsih as the morns again had to stand up. During the break the lillian annnounced that if Edge did not come back by the 10 count that he would be suspended immediately (how is he the gm now? oh I see they didn't show it on tv) 2nd part of match was better with nice moves. Too bad I was annoyed by the idiots behind discussing how dissapointed they were that Jericho had won the undisputed title GOD ARE THERE NO SMAKRS HERE? ending came out of nowhere and didn't make sense (but I figured as much that they'd be promoting the ppv)

during the break, Lilian announced that Fozzy would be playing a gig later tomite at disneys house of blues (I won't be going since I'm with my dad and we have to drive 2 hours home)

evolution promo was ok, as crowd still pops for the hhh entrance. Randy got a nice reaction (despite still coming out to the evolution video and music-even though I think the music fits him perfectly-I think he should continue using it to stick it to Trips and co.) Crowd booed cuz they thought he'd hand over the belt (HELLO< HOW LONG HAVE YOU PEOPLE BEEN WATCHING WRESTLING? 5 MINUTES???) they popped big for the spit (which I didnt see clear enough so I had no clue what happened, and then the beltshot (which missed by about 2 feet from my angle) ran in the crowd and they cheered all thru the break-reminded me alot of the DDP/nWo feud.

William Regal pinned Ric Flair with the "Power of the Punch" Regal and Euguene got a big pop. During the break eugene ran up to king and jr and put on jrs hat and then lawlers crown. Regal got him back to the ring. Flair got a nice ovation as per usual. Entertaining match live, as I was shocked that they gave this so much time. Crowd wooed for the chops, which were loud and nasty sounding. Pretty good stiff shots by Regal too. During the break, you missed Regal putting on the figure four to a loud pop. Crowd popped loud again for Benoit (are you listening WWE? I doubt it) ending was cute. Regal looked great and is working nicely as a face.

Then they took 15 mins to set up the wedding (as I cried that we had only seen 5 freakin matches)

The crowd went nuts when they heard the HBK song, somehwo thinking he was there (despite last weeks show having the same teaser), except for me who sat and laughed at them

Crowd popped for Kane actually and Lita didn't get an exactly warm reaction despite what you might have heard. They booed bischoff and the midgets and the minister who did some of the worst acting ever. And Lita messed up her lines, even with a cue card. when matts music palyed, we saw the pyro setup and a little bit of flames on it (you could see it on tv briefy) we saw matt coming thru the crowd so the corwd popped. When the pyro hit it was lou and really hot even up where we sat. Of course I yelled out loud to just walk up the side of the ramp. Matt got introd to the convenietly placed table of doom. after the show ended the midegsta dn minister satyed in the ring so we waited for 10 mins for something to happen, then Lillian says goodnight (stupid useless...)

Getting out of there was a horror show as cars wanted to run you over, then when we finally got in the car we had to wait as the zombie army walked to there cars, right in fron of our car too. (shoulda ran them over hehe) it took forever as they had only one guy directing traffic, and we went all the way around the back exit . took awhile to find the freeway which we finally did and endured 2 more insane hours.

so all in all I had a fun time, even if the show was very subpar. They haded us a postcard to send in for info on manaia tix and i sent it in as I will never go to anaheim again (far too long drive and one of the worst crowds ever)\

Biggest Pops

1. Benoit (no lie)

2 Rock

3.Euegene/Regal/ jericho/flair/orton (tie)

biggest heat

1/evolution

2. coach.

3.bischoff

Guest Kageho

...no offense JerichoHolic, but please tidy that up. I can hardly read what you wrote.

Guest Kageho
Randy got a nice reaction (despite still coming out to the evolution video and music-even though I think the music fits him perfectly-I think he should continue using it to stick it to Trips and co.) Crowd booed cuz they thought he'd hand over the belt (HELLO< HOW LONG HAVE YOU PEOPLE BEEN WATCHING WRESTLING? 5 MINUTES???) they popped big for the spit (which I didnt see clear enough so I had no clue what happened, and then the beltshot (which missed by about 2 feet from my angle) ran in the crowd and they cheered all thru the break-reminded me alot of the DDP/nWo feud.

While I can read this, it still is not the easiest to read because he could get all the way through his description and then add his comments about how he didn't get to see it, the belt show missing by 2 feet, and all that. Instead of making it a pain because it is jumbled up together and makes it a little disruptive to the reader (who was me) to maintain focus on the actual article.

That might be a little bit better than what I had stated before. I apologize for being so vague.

sorry about it if it was hard to read. I was rushing when I wrote it, as someone else needed to use the computer. I probably should have typed it in word first, proofread it, then posted it. And also, I wasn't trying to write too much about the matches, since I assumed everyone had seen and/or will see them(in case of the heat ones). sorry again for the trouble.

anyway, are there any other questions?

I should have noted that Method Man got more face pops than any wrestler on the card except for Benoit. And if you heard any weird crowd reaction on TV, it was probably for him (they popped for him leaving for a bathrrom break for crying out loud)