TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest converge241

Planet stasiak

Guest converge241

I love the gimmick. One of my favorite performers now.

((This is all non-sarcastic by the way))

Planet Stasiak; a gravity so strong its holding the ratings for Raw up singlehandedly!

Guest Singular

I was kinda supprised when I found myself laughing at his promo's.  Didn't they just do this angle (Never wins) with Christian though?

Guest razazteca

Planet Stasiak, Hardcore Steven Richards, and Golddust = Oddities 2002

Guest dreamer420

This gimmick might actually work for him.  If he can find someway for the fans to get behind him he could get over.

Guest converge241

He has me "on tape" :) as being behind him already...

Planet stasiak = a gravity force so strong it disrupts the wavelength beamed out from planet smark

I kinda dig the Ultimate Warrior-vibe he's got goin' on. He even runs down to the ring like the Warrior. Now if we could only see him no-sell the Pedigree, I'd be an official Stasiak fan.

Guest One Bad Apple
What's with Stasiak's 1980's hairstlye?  It looks awful.....

That's sorta the point.

I've always liked Stasiak, even more since the gimmick debuted.  He's always had a lot of charisma, and has improved his mike skills a lot since the WCW purchase.  Recently he's been coming along in the ring, too.

Thing is ... the klutz thing seemed to be working out pretty well, so I dunno why they scrapped it.  I kinda think they should've kept it and given the current character to someone else.  Maybe they wouldn't have done it as well as him, but it's not as if we'd know that.

The clumsiness gimmick was, to my knowledge, the first of its kind.  It would've been nice if they'd have somehow incorporated it into Planet Stasiak, or had at least given an explanation as to why he's not tripping over his own feet anymore.  

Guess they could use it on another guy down the road ... but it just wouldn't feel the same (though I'd likely still enjoy it).

Guest Will Scarlet

I know that it is one of the things I look forward to on Raw.  Stasiak has just been quite entertaining every time I have seen him.  It sometimes pains me to see it though.  It is like on Raw they are taking some guy with as little talent as Shawn Stasiak and finding a way to get him over with the crowd; however, on Smackdown, you have guys with as much talent as Lance Storm and Christian standing around betting on Mark Henry, and they wonder why Raw is doing eons better than Smackdown lately.

Guest goodhelmet

He may be entertaining but if they are intent on building him up then let the guy win a match or two. As it stands, he is the modern-day Mike Sharpe. Just a jobber taking up valuable airspace that could be devoted to the actual wrestling matches.

Guest Mystery Eskimo

He does need to win, yeah. If they're intent on making him a comedy character, I think it'd be funny if he won accidentally, say by swinging a chair randomly and having his opponent run into it or something.

Guest converge241
Hogan vs. Stasiak at WM 19?

lol

Planet stasiak = gravity not quite powerful to pull Hoagn into another WM main event

Guest oldschoolwrestling

I have enjoyed Stasiak in his bumbling loser and current gimmick.  I'd like to see him run into the ring and collide with his opponent and then the ref do a double countout.  That would be gold.

I must admit I found myself laughing at the Planet Stasiak stuff. However, Sean Stasiak will never have above a mid-card spot, I believe. The way they are presenting him, I don't think he ever will. I think it all stems from the video recorder incident back in 1999 that originaly got him heat backstage, and which i believe, among other things, probably got him fired from the WWF originaly as well. Anyway, it's amusing, but it obviously won't get him anywhere.

Guest AM The Kid

*Turns on a small tape recorder.*

I also enjoy Shawn Stasiack's new gimmick. Deffinatly has a ton of potential. I LOVE IT!

*Turns recorder off.*

I also like The Undertaker...

Guest converge241
*Turns recorder off.*

haha. glad to see someone enjoys the tape recorder gag besides myself

*click* whirrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, then a metallic ping!

planet statsiak telecommunicator signing off, last update Steve Blackman, being boring.

Guest evenflowDDT

Whoa... there are others that like Planet Stasiak? I was a "closet" Stasiak fan, but now that I know there are others, yea I actually look forward to him, he's one of the most entertaining things about RAW.  If you think about it, that's a bit sad, but at least he's there.  I liked his klutz gimmick too but I thought him running into these squashes was an extention of that, maybe I was wrong.

I'd like to see him win though too... although it wouldn't exactly be in character.  Maybe an "accidental win" or double count out like mentioned earlier in the thread would be hilarious.

Guest Risk

I would like to see Shawn go all Al Snow and run out randomly and freak out.  Then he could start a Pillman-like gimmick of shooting on everything and everybody.

Guest converge241

Stasiak originally got fire from the WWF for recording people on a tape recorder without their knowledge. He apparently has a "fetish" for recording devices. And got caught recording Blackman and somebody elsy (help w/ the name people?). Wrestlers felt it was an invasion of privacy and breaking some wrestler rules. No wrestler's court came as a result of it, they just fired him. Then WCW picked him up. I dont know so much if wrestlers were worried about the content (like road women/drugs stories, or stuff about fellow wrestlers or management) or just the principle..but i think it was the general principle.

No truth to the rumor that upon meeting with Vince McMahon about being re-introduced to WWF that he asked Vince to speak clearly into his gym bag :)

In all seriousness now that they have Goldust back on why not make them a tag team and put the GTV stuff as their gimmick. Hey there has been worse "real-life" stuff they have based gimmicks on (DDP, im looking at you!).

Guest Just call me Dan

Bob Holly had something somewhat similar to what Stasiak is doign now.  When he was the " Big Shot" he'd call out both Acolytes or fight Kane or Big Show daily and just take an ass kicking but keep going.  I used to crack up becaus he would totally rip into like 5 guys, and they'd ask him which one he wants first, he'd say he wanted them all, run down get his ass kicked and theyd leave, only for him to pester them again next week.  Highly entertaining.

Guest converge241

Im the card carrying president of the Big Shot club...

Been trying to drum up interest in another thread in WWF..

glad to see more prople remember the gimmick (and fondly no less)

Guest oldschoolwrestling

Count me in as another huge fan of Bob Holly's big shot gimmick.  I loved his promos and his matches back then.

Guest dreamer420

I wish Crash never came into the wwf and ruined the sweet little gimmick that Hardcore Holly was working.  I thought he was going to get a huge push right around then but I gues I was wrong.

Guest evenflowDDT
I wish Crash never came into the wwf and ruined the sweet little gimmick that Hardcore Holly was working.  I thought he was going to get a huge push right around then but I gues I was wrong.

How did Crash get hooked up with Hardcore Holly in the first place?

Don't hate on Crash though... would you rather him come in as The Leprechaun? ;)

How did Crash get hooked up with Hardcore Holly in the first place?

Don't hate on Crash though... would you rather him come in as The Leprechaun? ;)

From what I remember, Hardcore introduced his cousin to us on RAW, then they fought all the way back stage.  I would rather see him as a Leprechaun.

evil_leprechaun.jpg

Guest evenflowDDT

It's Erin O'Grady! My hometown hero! Dude, how's it going? ;)

Guest pinnacleofallthingsmanly

Stasiak sucks, that's all there is to it. He never has been worth anything and never will be worth anything.