TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Mandarin

Hilarious Wrestling Moments

I remember in WCW DDP and, I believe, Buff Bagwell were having a falls count anywhere match. They went up into the stands and at one point they saw this thing that looked like a table or something. It was a piece of carpet or cloth so they got on it. When both of them got on it, it was really just a piece of cloth, or whatever, covering up a hole. It was very narrow, so it seemed like it took them forever to finally climb out of it, they could't move at all.

I laugh everytime Kurt Angle pulls this one.

anglehump3.gif

Guest ally mccoist

When Scott Steiner put the Recliner on like five cruiserweights at once in WCW. They all started tapping out manically. It was funny until you realised how sad it was.

One great incident was during a Royal rumble a few years back. Rico is sitting on the top turnbuckle waiting to be knocked off by Jeff Hardy. Hardy is taking his sweet time going over there to knock him off. Rico loudly calls out to Jeff "Hurry the fuck up!"

Great moment showing Jeff continuing his downward spiral of skills

i always chuckle at the Ladder match from WM X

when Shawn was signaling that he was going to Razor's Edge Razor,

but he wasn't able to lift him and had to settle with a piledriver.

When he realized he couldn't do it he was like "shiiiiit".

Guest Greg Valentine
I can't remember the PPV but it was during the Hart Foundation/Steve Austin feud...the cameraman walks in the bathroom and shows Austin laid out in a toilet stall and it pans up to see Bulldog and Owen walking casually, they spot the camera, do a funny ass double take at the camera, realize they've been made and run like hell out of there...

I remember this. Dok Hendrix or some other no name announcer is interviewing some midcarder and Steve Austin casually walks into the dressing room behind them. A few seconds later we hear some stomps, whacks, yells, and thuds. Owen and Bulldog casually stroll out a few seconds later. Bulldog notices the camera, taps Owen, points him in the direction of it, and they both make a run for it. Classic.

I can't remember the PPV but it was during the Hart Foundation/Steve Austin feud...the cameraman walks in the bathroom and shows Austin laid out in a toilet stall and it pans up to see Bulldog and Owen walking casually, they spot the camera, do a funny ass double take at the camera, realize they've been made and run like hell out of there...

I remember this. Dok Hendrix or some other no name announcer is interviewing some midcarder and Steve Austin casually walks into the dressing room behind them. A few seconds later we hear some stomps, whacks, yells, and thuds. Owen and Bulldog casually stroll out a few seconds later. Bulldog notices the camera, taps Owen, points him in the direction of it, and they both make a run for it. Classic.

Yeah, it was at Revenge of the Taker in April 1997.

And during Benoit/Rey/Angle from one Smackdown, watch for the spot where Benoit runs at Rey who avoids him...Benoit looks to be heading for Angle but puts the brakes on, and pulls THE WORST excuse for a 'shocked' facial expression ever. Funny stuff.

Oh god... I watched Rey Mysterio 619 just to see this moment and it's great. The worst part is that after Benoit does his goofy face, he does it again! I think Rey was a little slow on the roll up, so Benoit just bobs his head and makes the same exact face. Unfortunately, the camera only caught the second face from the side, but I couldn't stop laughing.

Guest ally mccoist
Quote:

"When Scott Steiner put the Recliner on like five cruiserweights at once in WCW. They all started tapping out manically. It was funny until you realised how sad it was."

This has NEVER happened.

Yes, it did happen. (Read the first match)

But I did get the number of cruisers wrong, it was only three.

How about Booker T and Goldust doing the review on "The Scorpion King" where Booker keeps saying he's better than the Scorpion King:

"And I got a big ass sword! Now can you dig that, SUCKA!!!!"

Guest Dids

READ THE TITLE.

This isn't "things that are funny". This is "things that are funny WITHOUT WORD".

Christ people are stupid.

If you have the Mind Games PPV, go back and watch the tag title match. Billy Gunn looks so goofy when he gets kicked by Owen Hart at the end of the match. It's just so bumbling and awkward it's pretty damn funny to me.

I just thought of one of the greatest moments in WCW. It was while Kanyon was doing the Positively Kanyon gimmick. One night WCW was showing an outside shot of the building and there was this guy walking in the shadows when all of a sudden this guy comes out of the shadows and does the diamond cutter on the guy. He gets up and does the bang action and runs away.

I also remember them doing it to the guy who was calling in the phone segments and Kanyon did the cutter on him as well

I may be thinking of the same bit you are, but I seem to recall Kanyon once getting out of his car at a toll booth to give the guy in the booth the Kanyon Cutter.

I could be wrong though...I didn't watch much WCW at that point.

There was a funny incident after the main event at Bash at the Beach '96.

The match has been stopped, Savage has been destroyed, and the ref has been tossed out of the ring. Hogan legdrops Savage and goes for the cover. Nash decides that he will make the three count. He slowly gets down on his knees, raises his arm, and is just about to hit the mat when he looks up and realizes that Hall has already made a fast three count. Nash then has this priceless "I just fucked up" look on his face. So instead of making the count, he stands up, and raises his arms in victory.

I thought it was funny at least.

Lol probably from Wrestlemania 19 in the Untertaker handicap match. He tries to set up A-Train for the tombstone and the camera shows his face and that he cant deal with the weight as he begins to fall over&then shouts out an audible "help me" to A-Train who suddenly straightens himself out for the tombstone.

Shawn Michaels delivering an elbow to HHH in a dumpster and delivers this big promo, meanwhile HHH looks to be happily and contentedly asleep.

Ultimate Warrior blowing up as he ran to the ring in his WCW phase, so tired instead of shaking the ropes, he slowly mimes humping them while huffing and puffing.

I'm sure Sid crapping himself when he got chokeslammed would be on the list if it were on tape.

Sort of verbal, but after the Flair Rumble, he's in the back, happy and tired while Perfect and Heenan (I think) sing his praises. Perfect and Heenan start letting off the 'whoos' in REALLY corny fashion. Perfect excitedly pats Ric on the back and says loudly 'give 'em a big one, Ric!'

Flair, who up to this point has been silent, leans towards the camera, widens his eyes, and gives a long, ghostly 'whoooooOOOOoooooo'. It's absolutely hilarious.

During the nWo's heyday, they're standing in the ring and Hall gets nailed SQUARE in the back of the head with what is either a large beer or soda. It looks like a watermelon exploding on the back of his head. Hall doesn't flinch at all, he just smirks and calmly slicks back his hair.

You know how Austin Powers did that waist-high 'I'll take the stairs/elevator/canoe' bit? Hulk Hogan as a face, I THINK WCW pre-nWo days, gives an interview to Mean Gene, flexes with his arms in front of him, pumps his wrists like he's revving a motorcycle (leading me to believe this was a Road Wild?) and slides perfectly smoothly off screen, backwards. Mean Gene looks at him leave for a beat or two, then 'Well there you have it folks' completely unperturbed.