TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
notJames

Another Fantasy Football Question

I have to cut two guys from my roster before tomorrow. Below is a list of candidates. Whom should I cut and why?

Kevin Faulk

Jeff Garcia

Drew Bennett

Eli Manning

Just for a point of reference, here are the guys I'm keeping at the same positions:

QB: Trent Green

RB: Edge James, Lee Suggs, Tyrone Wheatley

WR: Randy Moss, Hines Ward, Keyshawn Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald

Also, we start 1 QB, 2 RBs, and 3 WRs each week.

Any help would be appreciated.

Dump Kevin Faulk because he is a backup RB for the Patriots and their offense is so spreadout that his numbers could go down due to the signing of Corey Dillion. You need to keep Drew Bennett because of bye week issues. Jeff Garcia is iffy because he has stated that he needs more time to learn the system, and you might want to keep Eli Manning because you never know if Kurt Warner's thumb will fall off in the game versus the Eagles. It is possible that Manning will start early in the season.

Faulk was pretty much a no-brainer for me, and thanks for bringing up the bye week issue. I didn't realize Minnesota and Dallas were both out in Week 4.

So I guess it's a toss-up between the two QBs. I'm leaning more toward cutting Garcia only because I have a feeling Manning might get the start by Week 5, which is KC's bye week. Plus I don't want to lose him if he breaks loose this season. But then again, if he doesn't start, I gave up a starting QB for nothing, and then I'll be hard--pressed to scramble for another one, even if it's only for a week.

Is Manning's upside a juicy enough risk, or should I stick with the Garcia?

I'd cut Manning, just for the fact that there really isn't anyone on the Giants for him to pass the ball to. Also he looked like shit in the preseason.

Garcia is atleast a veteran, but he isn't much better. He will probably be more consistent then Manning will be pointwise. This IS if Warner somehow loses his job, which won't happen unless he gets hurt.

Week 5

NYG plays Dal and Cle plays Pitts

Both will be tough games for your QB's, but I think Garcia is the safer bet to keep seeing how as he will be starting week 5 for sure unless he is injured.

The bottom line is you better hope that Trent Green doesn't get hurt.

Do you want a win now or win later approach?

I'm assuming it's a 3 year keeper league(keep guys for 3 years)

Win Now = Cut Manning. Garcia I expect to be a Top 15 QB this season even with a shoddy O-Line. The NYG O-Line is far worse and with less weapons around Eli.

Win Later = Cut Garcia. Manning will be starting by season's end or next season so you'll have 2 seasons' worth to coup value. Hilliard and Toomer are solid producers and Barber is always a dangerous threat as well as a healthy Shockey(keyword being HEALTHY).

If it's a Keeper League and you can keep up to 3 players I'd probably keep Moss, James, and then Manning.

If its not there isn't any reason to keep Manning. He may play towards the end of the season but I have a feeling Trent Green will be more useful then he will be at the end of this season.

There always is that crazy thing called Wavier Wires where you pick up guys that are free agents that are playing well...

Guest El Satanico

Unless it's a keeper league cut Eli. Kurt or Eli it doesn't matter, both will get killed this year.

If it isn't a keeper league then cut Manning. Garcia is a decent QB who will get you 4-5 Rushing TD's as well and will have a decent offense around him unlike in NY.

How does Manning have nobody to pass to?

Hiliard, Toomer, Shockey?

First off...Manning doesn't start.

Second...Manning doesn't start.

Third...Manning doesn't start.

Why would you want to keep a team's backup QB? That doesn't make sense to me. If you're hanging onto Manning and its not a keeper league, than you must be hoping of two things

1. Warner will get hurt.

2. Warner won't play well.

For scenario 2, what makes you think the inexperienced Manning will play better than the already experienced Warner? If Warner can't get the system to work this year, than by Week 5 Manning surely won't have the NYG offense working any better.