TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Styles

9-8-04 FINAL WEEKLY TNA PPV Preview

Everyone should order this show. Not only is the lineup absolutely stacked, but is TNA's weekly PPV farewell. They're basically going dark for the next 2 months (besides Impact! and Best of shows) so this should be a big show.

preview2.jpg

preview1.jpg

THE MOST ANTICIPATED TITLE MATCH IN TNA HISTORY!

NWA WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE MATCH

CHAMPION JEFF JARRETT VS. JEFF HARDY

When “The Charismatic Enigma” Jeff Hardy signed with TNA, the one thing he asked for was a shot at the NWA World Heavyweight Title. This Wednesday night live on Pay-Per-View, Hardy finally gets his opportunity to win the gold when he faces the “King of the Mountain” Jeff Jarrett! It will be The Stroke vs. The Swanton in the most anticipated World Title Match in TNA history! Can Hardy realize his dream this Wednesday night? Tune in and find out!

TWO TAG TEAM TITLE MATCHES – ONE NIGHT!

CHAMPIONS THE NATURALS VS. AMERICA’S MOST WANTED – WINNER FACES TRIPLE X LATER THAT NIGHT!

In a true test of who the best tag team in TNA truly is, NWA World Tag Team Champions The Naturals, America’s Most Wanted and Triple X will take part in two tag team title matches this Wednesday night! First, The Naturals will defend against their longtime enemies America’s Most Wanted. Whoever walks out with the gold will defend them later that night against Triple X!

TNA TABLES MATCH – THE FINAL SHOWDOWN

“THE PHENOMENAL” AJ STYLES VS. KID KASH

In what is being billed as the final meeting between two bitter enemies, AJ Styles will collide with Kid Kash this Wednesday night live on Pay-Per-View in a Tables Match! The first superstar to put his opponent through two tables will win the bout and claim bragging rights in this violent and brutal feud! Can AJ once and for all shut Kash’s mouth, or will the K-I-D accomplish his mission of putting Styles on the sidelines?

DUSTY RHODES VS. TEAM CANADA COACH D’AMORE

SPECIAL REFEREE: DIRECTOR OF AUTHORITY VINCE RUSSO

After Dusty Rhodes’ high jinx as the Midnight Rider this past Wednesday, Vince Russo asked The American Dream what it was going to take to end their ongoing problems. Dusty’s answer? He wants Team Canada coach Scott D’Amore in a match this Wednesday night live on Pay-Per-View! Russo granted Rhodes his wish, but also announced that he would serve as Special Guest Referee for the bout!

SIX-PERSON INTERGENDER MATCH

SIAKI, WATTS AND DESIRE VS. ABYSS, SHELLEY AND GOLDYLOCKS

After freeing Sonny Siaki, Sharkboy and D-Ray 3000 from Goldylocks’ control, Erik Watts is now out to destroy her shrinking empire once and for all this Wednesday night live on Pay-Per-View! Watts will join Siaki and Desire in a TNA intergender match to take on Abyss, Alex Shelley and Goldy! Will Watts finally get the ultimate revenge on Goldylocks? Tune in and find out!

X DIVISION TAG TEAM DOMINANCE MATCH

FEATURING THE TOP SUPERSTARS OF THE X DIVISION

The high-flying and daredevil athletes of the X Division will be in action this Wednesday night in a Tag Team Dominance Match, featuring Michael Shane and Kazarian, Amazing Red, Chris Sabin, Team Canada and many more! Can Shane and Kazarian back up their mouths and claim dominance? Or, will one of the other X teams step up to the plate? Watch on Wednesday night for this explosive, high-flying bout!

PLUS – THE ALHA MALE MONTY BROWN, 3LIVE KRU, AND MANY MORE OF YOUR FAVORITE TNA SUPERSTARS!

Guest Donners

Interesting to see Raven isn't mentioned there at all. I guess they're trying to see how badly Sabu is hurt before deciding whether or not to continue with the feud.

Guest Donners

Not at all. Indeed, I struggle to think of any title matches TNA have hyped in this way. Whether it's an accurate description or not is another matter altogether...

Another one that looks good on paper but will probably suck.

It just keeps getting funnier and funnier that Jarrett vs. Hardy is the BIGGEST MATCH IN TNA HISTORY. Did Tony Shiavone write that? A Never-Was vs. a Has-Been. Its pretty sad that TNA is hitching their trailor to that. Unless they make a change of direction, the company will be irrevocably screwed.

Not at all. Indeed, I struggle to think of any title matches TNA have hyped in this way. Whether it's an accurate description or not is another matter altogether...

All I need to say is this...

APRIL 30TH, 2003

DESTINY - Raven vs. Jarrett

Basically, this was, and to this date still is, the biggest match in TNA history... it was also on this night that Jarrett practically sunk the company.

Guest Staravenger
Another one that looks good on paper but will probably suck.

It just keeps getting funnier and funnier that Jarrett vs. Hardy is the BIGGEST MATCH IN TNA HISTORY. Did Tony Shiavone write that? A Never-Was vs. a Has-Been. Its pretty sad that TNA is hitching their trailor to that. Unless they make a change of direction, the company will be irrevocably screwed.

Who's the never-was and who's the has-been?

Guest Staravenger
Who the fuck blows off a feud with a tables match? Are you kidding? :throwup:

Unless your last name is "Dudley", then no one.

Guest TDinDC1112

All I need to say is this...

APRIL 30TH, 2003

DESTINY - Raven vs. Jarrett

Basically, this was, and to this date still is, the biggest match in TNA history... it was also on this night that Jarrett practically sunk the company.

Raven refused to sign a contract. What were they supposed to do?

Any predictions on a winner? I'm gonna go out on a limb and say with his renewed commitment to wrestling, and his mainstream wrestling appeal while TNA Is trying to get more mainstream, Hardy is trusted with the win and the title.

Any predictions on a winner? I'm gonna go out on a limb and say with his renewed commitment to wrestling, and his mainstream wrestling appeal while TNA Is trying to get more mainstream, Hardy is trusted with the win and the title.

Nah, after Jarrett's interview on Impact I'd have to say that someone interferes or turns heel to help Jarrett retain.

For a second pretend I'm thinking Russo booking

I think both Russo and Dusty will turn heel next week. Think about this, everytime Jarrett cuts a promo he always say "Russo you want the title off and Dusty you do to." First it started with Jarrett saying he knows something is going on with Dusty and Russo. Next thing you know Dusty and Russo argue. Then when Hudson went to the back to speak with both of them Dusty said everything is fine. Then Dusty cost 3LK the chance to win the titles. Finally, Russo told Dusty as long as he's in charge he will always have a spot for Dusty. What I think will happen is Jarrett will cut a promo and put both Russo's and Dusty's name in it. Of course Russo will count the 1-2-3 for Dusty helping him stay. Later in the main event Dusty will come down and accidentally cost Hardy the match. Russo will come down and get on the mic to say "Dusty after all the crap you put me though these past couple of months you know what I'm going to do to you? I'm going to hug you." Then Jarrett looks at both of them and then they all hug.

This will do three things:

1. Restart the Dusty and Terry Funk feud

2. Remember when Jarrett asked whose going to stand up for Russo? Well, it was AJ Styles. AJ can say that Russo turned his back on him for Jarrett

3. Start the Monty Brown and Jarrett feud. Monty said he doesn't trust Jarrett or Russo so with them being together he has a reason

OK I'm not Russo anymore

Guest TDinDC1112
What did that have to do with Jarrett no selling ELEVEN MEN INTERFERING?

I thought you were referring to the fact that Jarrett won. I agree with you about all the nonsense that happened at the end of the match.

1) Hardy is the has-been and Jarrett is the never-was.

2) Jarrett can't go through one fucking interview without mentioning Vince Russo. Its just his style.

3) Here's my prediction for Jarrett/Hardy: Jarrett wins. Realistically, that's whats going to happen, and we'll probably see some stupid interference from Russo, Dusty, Monty, or someone else no one gives a shit about.

Just for kicks, here's what I'd like to see happen: Before the match, Jarrett announces Raven as the special enforcer. This is his big return since he's been gone a while and TNA has basically been shitting on him. Raven interferes for Jarrett early in the match, but Hardy makes a comeback. Since TNA actually built this up, JJ gets Hardy into the Figure Four but the ref is out. Hardy reverses it into a Sharpshooter variation and JJ taps, but the ref it still out. Raven jumps in with a chair and stares Hardy down before smashing JJ in the face with it. Jarrett's out cold and Raven pulls the ref over to lift his arm three times. Hardy wins the title, and Raven pulls off his shirt to reveal "Destiny" painted on his chest. Jarrett takes some much-needed time off and they set up Raven vs. Hardy at Victory Road where Raven can win the title and we can all live happily ever after.

Anything that ends with the words "new world champion JEFF HARDY" is the final nail in the coffin of TNA.

The only men that should dethrone JK are Raven, Brown, or Styles. Anyone else is just a bad decision.

Raven needs to get back into shape, Styles isn't the best talker and Brown is a little green in the ring. But at least they are all better than a glow painted moron who is only good at spots and he wasn't that great at those.

Guest Staravenger

I can't believe someone confused D'LO BROWN with Monte Brown when someone says "Brown is green". Someone isn't down with the brown...

Why the FUCK are the Naturals having to fight in the first "Tag Match" They've Beat XXX, they've beat AMW.. they beat them both in a 3-way.. so why do they have a tought road and Triple X gets to sit back? Did they draw or something? Cuz if not thats retarded...

Why the FUCK are the Naturals having to fight in the first "Tag Match" They've Beat XXX, they've beat AMW.. they beat them both in a 3-way.. so why do they have a tought road and Triple X gets to sit back? Did they draw or something? Cuz if not thats retarded...

Its actually not a bad idea. The Naturals can win a solid title defense against AMW, and lose the titles to XXX without losing any heat since they had already wrestled earlier in the night. [if this is how they play it] it could work out nicely.

Most likely, the chance of 2 tag team title changes = 0. Think about it and look at past results, plus consider the credibility of AMW and XXX before replying "Why?"

But you know what...before you reply "But it could happen!"...I agree with you. NWA-TNA booking is HORRID now, so why the FUCK not?

it may be good booking to get the titles off.. but in ALL Sense... why does the Team (Naturals) have to wrestle first when they've Beaten Triple X and AMW many times. It's gonna be more fresh.. and make for a more sensible title change, but if Wrestling were real.. would the Naturals NOT complain about being booked first, outta the 3 teams, when they've beaten the other two numerous times?

I see them having a draw in the first match, and then a draw in a triple threat match, and then a three way tag team ladder match at the 11/7 PPV or something like that. It would be typical TNA booking.

Guest TheLastBoyscout

Kinda the end of an era for TNA here. If the TV Show takes off they'll have their first real shot at turning a profit. I'm shocked they're blowing off the Hardy/Jarrett feud so early... do they even WANT it to gain interest?

Guest MikeSC
Kinda the end of an era for TNA here. If the TV Show takes off they'll have their first real shot at turning a profit. I'm shocked they're blowing off the Hardy/Jarrett feud so early... do they even WANT it to gain interest?

Well, the TV Show has certainly not taken off yet --- and, no, they don't want to build interest in Hardy v JJ.

Would you want to build interest in that?

-=Mike