TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Vampiro69

Identity Crisis note from issue 3

During Deathstroke's battle against the league there is a scene where the league has dogpiled Deathstroke and it triggers a memory of when he was battling the league in the Sattilite. However, from Lights memory we see that Batman is somehow in the scene when he was shown in issue 2.

What this makes me wonder is Light's memory coming back and if it is will it still be fragmented? The other part has me wondering is whether Light is going to go after a member of the Batman family such as Alfred or Robin's dad?

let me know if my theory is totally whacked out or not?

Guest Contentious C

Might be worth noting that there's a grammatical error in the above - Batman is NOT shown in the issue 2 fight, given that he wasn't involved in JLA Satellite at the time, but Dr. Light remembers him being there. And the notion of going after a Bat-person has already been fleshed out, given that Robin's dad is one of the alleged next victims.

Might be worth noting that there's a grammatical error in the above - Batman is NOT shown in the issue 2 fight, given that he wasn't involved in JLA Satellite at the time, but Dr. Light remembers him being there. And the notion of going after a Bat-person has already been fleshed out, given that Robin's dad is one of the alleged next victims.

Good. Drake's had it coming for a while now.

Guest TheLastBoyscout
Killing Mr. Drake would be a good way of giving a reason for Timmy to be Robin again, instead of the Spoiler.

WarGames took care of that, though.

Guest SP-1

I have a feeling Bats may end up being fairly integral. So far he's chosen to stay away from everything, doing his own investigation. Bruce is probably on to something big and he's refusing to share it with the class right now.

Which, for him, is both normal, and pretty important.

Killing Mr. Drake would be a good way of giving a reason for Timmy to be Robin again, instead of the Spoiler.

WarGames took care of that, though.

Tim's dad's dead?

Nope.

During the first act of War Games, though, some of the crime families attacked Tim's school, trying to assassinate his would-be girlfriend (who's father is one of Gotham's crime lords). They unfortunately succeeded. Tim was instrumental, however, in helping Batman & Nightwing apprehend the criminals who had taken the students of the school hostage. By the end of act one, he's come to realize that with the city at war, he simply cannot stand by and do nothing anymore when he has the ability to go out and save lives. So, Robin returns.

Oh, and we learn that Stephanie is the one resonsible for STARTING the gang war, although someone else is apparently pulling the strings.

During Deathstroke's battle against the league there is a scene where the league has dogpiled Deathstroke and it triggers a memory of when he was battling the league in the Sattilite.  However, from Lights memory we see that Batman is somehow in the scene when he was shown in issue 2. 

What this makes me wonder is Light's memory coming back and if it is will it still be fragmented?  The other part has me wondering is whether Light is going to go after a member of the Batman family such as Alfred or Robin's dad?

Two possible takes:

Batman was present when they caught Dr Light raping Sue and helped take him down. BUT when the other heroes suggested mind-wiping Light and turning him into an idiot, Batman freaked out, got the shit kicked out of him by the rest of the JLA, and Zatanna raped Batman's mind so that he forgot all about what happened.

Batman was there but was against violating Light's mind. Batman ran like a tattletale to Superman but Superman opted to believe the rest of the JLA when they told him that Batman was lying his ass off. Batman quits the JLA in protest and that is why he formed the Outsiders, which also explains why Meltzer featured Katanna and Black Lightning in the first issue, as they will most likely team up with Bats at some point in the series to try and find the killer...

As for the killer, I think it's a combination of Trickster/The Piper/Heat Wave. We know Heatwave helped carry out Sue's death and that the last words of Atom's ex-wife make sense if you picture Piper as her killer given how Piper is to the DCU what Sandman is to Marvel Comics when you think of reformed villains. It would also explain the blindfold that the ex had over her eyes as The Piper not wanting to look his victim in the eye while he killed her.

The big question of course would be why? My guess is that it might have something to do with their vendetta to bring down Mirror Master (who did rather nasty things to both Heat Wave and The Piper's families and framed them for his own evil actions) with them seeking to frame MM for the murders (since he's the only one who could get into both victims homes without tripping the alarms). Plus he was shown to be coked out of his head right before Sue's murder, which would help the three frame him since he would be too high from the drugs to remember doing the murders....

Guest Gathering Moss

One of the important parts about Ghost Rider is how he's a skull that lives on a motorcycle.

Guest SP-1
During Deathstroke's battle against the league there is a scene where the league has dogpiled Deathstroke and it triggers a memory of when he was battling the league in the Sattilite.  However, from Lights memory we see that Batman is somehow in the scene when he was shown in issue 2. 

What this makes me wonder is Light's memory coming back and if it is will it still be fragmented?  The other part has me wondering is whether Light is going to go after a member of the Batman family such as Alfred or Robin's dad?

Two possible takes:

Batman was present when they caught Dr Light raping Sue and helped take him down. BUT when the other heroes suggested mind-wiping Light and turning him into an idiot, Batman freaked out, got the shit kicked out of him by the rest of the JLA, and Zatanna raped Batman's mind so that he forgot all about what happened.

Batman was there but was against violating Light's mind. Batman ran like a tattletale to Superman but Superman opted to believe the rest of the JLA when they told him that Batman was lying his ass off. Batman quits the JLA in protest and that is why he formed the Outsiders, which also explains why Meltzer featured Katanna and Black Lightning in the first issue, as they will most likely team up with Bats at some point in the series to try and find the killer...

As for the killer, I think it's a combination of Trickster/The Piper/Heat Wave. We know Heatwave helped carry out Sue's death and that the last words of Atom's ex-wife make sense if you picture Piper as her killer given how Piper is to the DCU what Sandman is to Marvel Comics when you think of reformed villains. It would also explain the blindfold that the ex had over her eyes as The Piper not wanting to look his victim in the eye while he killed her.

The big question of course would be why? My guess is that it might have something to do with their vendetta to bring down Mirror Master (who did rather nasty things to both Heat Wave and The Piper's families and framed them for his own evil actions) with them seeking to frame MM for the murders (since he's the only one who could get into both victims homes without tripping the alarms). Plus he was shown to be coked out of his head right before Sue's murder, which would help the three frame him since he would be too high from the drugs to remember doing the murders....

That's a very interesting take. If Meltzer pulls that out, the repercussions will be intense. Bruce won't like having his head messed with. He'll probably flip completely out over something like that.

Which, let's be honest . . . would be awesome.

Also, meltzer will have impressed me with the research he would have had to have done to make that work.