TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hogan Made Wrestling

Question For People Who Know Comcast

OK, so I'm moving down to Oregon in a couple of weeks, and I want high-speed internet. Apparently Qwest doesn't have DSL lines where I'm living, so unless someone can suggest another alternative, it looks like Comcast digital cable is my best bet. Now, living in Canada where we pay at most $40 Canadian for digital internet, these $50+ US pricetags for digital net are scaring the hell out of me. What I want to know is, if I get it installed and then throw a splitter on the cable line, will I be able to get any cable television off of that? I'm not expecting HBO or anything like that, but what, if anything, will I be able pick up? Also, do you have to pay for installation, the modem, and so on? Or are there options where you are simply "renting" the equipment?

Install you will pay for (I don't know what specials the Portland market has right now).

Normal rate on the internet service is 45.95 with cable tv or 55.95 without. That is with renting the modem.

Limited cable (locals + goverment + discovery) is 10-14 bucks a month and Basic cable ( 2 - 99 , TNT, USA, Spike, CNN etc) is around 30-40 a month.

There may be specials in the market happening right now so you would have to call 1-800-COMCAST to see before you move or when you get there.

Splitter may work but they are pretty good at filtering it so... probably not.

Here in CT splitting the line will get you basic cable and you need a box for everything else. Split as close to the main to get a better picture, and split three ways: One for the cable box, one for the modem, one for the other TV. It is legal to split your own line ONLY not others(atleast here in CT). The problem with splitting with cable boxes and modems is that the extra TV needs an amp of somekind or another box to get a good singal.

Actually if you are only paying for internet and split the cable and get television for some reason it's considered theft of service.

Hello jail time/fines.

Woah, woah, woah. Are we talking about the same thing?

I'm talking about that thingy the cable guy installed so I can get the Internet and Cable from the same cable wire.

Trust me, when I look at my monthly bill I know I'm paying my fair share. Don't harass your customers, bitch...

Actually if you are only paying for internet and split the cable and get television for some reason it's considered theft of service.

Hello jail time/fines.

Bold for your pleasure.

This thread has reminded me to un-sub from Digital Premier. Thanks, asses, you removed everything good about that lineup, but I guess it was worth an MTV all-rap station.

The weird thing was that they dropped International Channel, a station that was recently bought 100% by Comcast.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Then what the hell did you do with the $151 you creeps successfully got from me that I tried to walk away from? Of all the fuckin' companies to track me down.

Newman!