TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Adam

Feedback for the 9/9 HeldDown!

Great show tonight, capped off by a top quality Main Event. Well done to CChick and NYU for a great match, and to everyone else for thier matches. Feedback on the Calvin/Axel match and setup promo would be appreciated! More detailed feeback later!

Ahhh, I just realised something. Is it me, or are we missing a Pay Per View Booking thread? Whats happening this month?

We also need people to do feedback! I mean.....Drek/Crystal! Wow, man........wow.

......wow.

Mine will be up either tonight or sometime tomorrow.

I like Darrick Chandler. He reminds me of someone. Someone famous. Someone who's name I just can't put my finger on. "The only chore I used to do for Zack Malibu was taking him to the cleaners..." Burn, indeed. I think Darrick'll be a good manager for the Crunk Machine. When he says go, he's in control. He'll usher in a new era of male managers.

Seriously, I was wondering when Calvin being reduced to Zack's lackey would be adressed.

Cute beginning! That shows that Chuck cares. Caring sucks. Apathy is the key to the absorption into the divine. Remember that on your path to shangri-la, sweeties.

Weren't the new guys like Dismachine who just joined supposed to be in that round robin thingie? Or was that the swerve NYU was talking about?

Edited by Patty O'Green

That feedback I promised for tonight....

.....yeah, that will be happening tomorrow.

But that doesn't mean that you all can't leave Drek/Crystal feedback. Seriously now. Hoff, that includes you. Thursday Night Bowling be damned!

As promised, I'm finally back.

*cue crowd applause*

Hopefully, this will inspire at least someone else to give feedback, because this thread has possibly been the most pathetic I've ever seen it.

Hopefully.

-Great segment with Hoff backing out of his scheduled match with Chris Stevens. I liked how the humor at the beginning of the interview quickly turned into a segment that showed just how much these two men have grown to dislike eadch other. The buildup for the eventual Hoff/Stevens blowoff match has really been done brilliantly. I am genuinely interested to see where this thing goes next.

-Interesting promo with Watts and Father. It set up the stage nicely for the handicap match later on.

-The entire segment with Hell's Hitmen and Chicks Over Dicks was just incredibly well done. From the bloodchillingly serious promo from Jingus at the beginning of the match to the uncontrollable beatdown at the end, everything was very well-written. I also liked the match itself. Jingus & The Sadist were really put over as monsters here, but Alix & Krista showed just how smart - and how tough - they were by outsmarting Hell's Hitmen. With certain touches in the match like Krista biting down on the Sadist's forehead, this also did good in establishing that Chicks Over Dicks might be even more violent than anybody had thought.

-Good hypeup segment with Zack and Axel. Nice job in building up interest for HeldDown in Australia next week.

-Interesting match idea from The Mad Cappa. I thought it would be explained a little more here, but either way, the mystery of what the battle royal actually entails is a good storyline to be heading into next Thursday.

-Strangely interesting stuff with Rick Shirley this week. I'm having trouble getting a firm grasp of this guy - whether he's ever going to be thought of as a serious competitor, or is willing to forever be a comedy wrestler - but I suppose those questions are what Shirley wants people to think anyway.

-Very good handicap match between JAE/Cain and The Blurricane. I liked the story of Blurricane getting the advantage when he used his brains to fight them, but would quickly get squashed if he tried to fight straight-up. The action was nice - realistic for a handicap match - and the finish was handled well, with Blurricane finally outsmarting JAE and Cain in the end. Father/Blurricane should be fun.

-Great segment with Calvin and Darrick Chandler. Like Patty said before, Darrick seems to definitely have the makings of being a good manager in the future. It's nice to see that Calvin is starting to realize that he needs to drop Zack if he wants to ever be successful in the OAOAST - and this continuing dissension in Thrillogy should lead to something great. And, on a side note, "Rock'em, Sock'em" robots are definitely pretty awesome.

-Very good handicap match between JAE/Cain and The Blurricane. I liked......wait, this all feels way too familiar....

-GREAT match between Axel and Calvin Szechstein. There was some amazing action, and some of the near-falls were definitely believable. After the previous backstage interview, I thought Calvin would be reluctant to accept Zack's help, wanting to win this match on his own. But it was good to see that, in Calvin's eyes, winning might be more important, so he took what he could get. Axel looked like a million bucks here, and this match did a lot in putting both guys over. That Mystery Tag match next week should REALLY be something.....

-Odd contest between The Love Doctors and The Trekkies. It was a fine match and all, but......come on now, when do the Love Doctors actually win? That being said, this was good for what it was. I really liked the "devastating" effects of the Vulcan Nerve pinch, as well as the foreign object loaded ear. And, if this match might lead to the Love Doctors actually getting somewhat of a push, that could help a Tag Division that's continuing to thrive. Good stuff.

-Fantastic match with Sean Bryant and Nate Tether. The action in this thing was non-stop the entire way through, and some of the highflying moves were actually pretty amazing. In recent weeks, Sean Bryant really has become one of the biggest assholes in the OAOAST. Even tonight - from passing out Monopoly money to the fans up until choking Nate out at the end. There should definitely be some big things from SB in the future.

-Good segment with Black T and Los Infernales. The rivalry between these two teams continues to successfully grow with each week, and I do want to see where this feud might go.

-AMAZING DREK/CRYSTAL MATCH! OMGASKJSASaJSAK! FIVE STARS! *****!!!!

-Finally, as you all probably know, any feedback on the Drek/Crystal match would REALLY and HONESTLY be appreciated. We both worked hard on it, and I really want to know what people thought about the match - and the storyline throughout the night - in general.

Let's try to get a few more opinions in this thread now.

I promise something before Thursday. I've slept at my own house a startlingly low number of times this week, and it's left me discombobulated. But before Thursday.

There's only one way to solve this problem.

I'm going to pretend like other people have commented on the Drek/Crystal match. It's so simple - yet so perfect.

Stephen Joseph

really good Main Event with Drek/Crystal. the action was handled very nicely. And that's the truth, Ruth!

Hoff

OMG! THAT DREK/CRYSTAL MATCH WAS THE R0X0RS!!

The Mad Cappa

Awesome match! Almost as good as the forever-classic Drek/Cappa matches! Is there anything you can't do?

Patty O'Green

good stuff. good stuff.

Thanks for the comments, guys. Your positive words really make all my efforts worthwhile.

CanadianChick

I should SOOOOOO job the title to Drek right now. Really, NYU! There's no one better than you!

Now, now....I wouldn't go that far, CC. You're pretty good, yourself.

I take back all my previous statements about this feedback thread being pathetic, no one commenting, etc......Awesome feedback, everyone.

Psh, I commented on that match already to you personally. There is no better feedback than that!

Off the top of my head, I liked the COD vs. Hell's Hitmen (if only for Logan/Tiffany), Calvin's segment, and the hype for Aussie. Axel/Calvin was a good TV match, and everything else was fine.

Hoff

OMG! THAT DREK/CRYSTAL MATCH WAS THE R0X0RS!!

That's not how I talk.

*reads WDI*

...oh, God. I need to be alone. *runs off*

Guest The Mad Cappa

Here's my feedback!

- Awesome opening segment! I was actually surprised (well, I shouldn't have) that Drek would take out Sly this early.

- I already couldn't wait for the eventual Hoff/ Chris Stevens blow-off match, and this segment adds to the anticipation. Rock'Em Sock'Em Robots... that had me rolling!

- Wow. Just wow. The Hell's Hitmen/ COD match dragged me into the reading the match and it got better as it progressed. I was also surprised to see COD pull a victory over the Hitmen.

- Well, the fatal four match was supposed to happen this week, but it didn't. However, I didn't have much time to write out this segment (it was last minute and time was about to expire on the computer I was using) so that way I can say that there will be the Aussie Cup Open Battle Royal for next week.

- It's going to be an awesome show from Melbourne. I can feel it.

- I still continue to get freaked out by Rick Shirley, especially about his match with Dick Pena.

- Smart match from Blurricane. Can't wait to see the Blurricane/ Father match.

- Great segment from Calvin as he expresses his dissatifaction of his carrer lately. An another tag team set to debut for the red hot tag division. Can't wait.

- Whoa! Drek Stone continues to bring on the entertainment in this awesome segment to get a title shot for later in the night!

- Good match from Calvin/ Axel. It got me pumped up for the Dream Tag match for next week.

- The Love Docs/ Trekkies match had me laughing.

- Monopoly money. GOLD! I also see big things for SB in the future.

- Los Infernales! I wonder how the feud with Black T is going to end up.

- Drek/ Crystal- Awesome match! Almost as good as the the forever-classic Drek/Cappa matches! Is there anything you can't do? Oh wait...

But seriously, awesome match! Congrats on Drek getting a World title shot so early on in his career. However, I was totally shocked to see Drek tap out! If there is an eventual rematch, it would be off the hook!

Sign in to follow this