TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Vitamin X

Monday Night Football!

I am impressed thus far. Now lets see if the D holds. This is where GB ran into trouble last year, towards the end when the opposition started slinging it.

If they win here though, Green Bay should once again be considered the team to be in the North. Especially after Minnesota's D had trouble keeping Ol' Man Vinny in check.

And what the fuck was that?! Green Bay why would you do this to me!? You give Muhammad like 10 in fantasy pts and now make me worried about the game I thought I had won.

24-14 Packers after like a 30 yard pass TD by Delhomme to Muhammad btw. Right after Smith got hurt.

Guest Vitamin X

Blame the rookie.

WHY the hell would you double team Ricky f'n Proehl and leave Muhsin wide open is obviously a brainfart.

:) And I thank the Panthers for playing poorly and the Green Bay Packers for giving me tons of points.

:) Good game to start with, but later in the game it was pretty dull. Still though, definitely better than RAW.

Edit: Also, great job by Packers defense who look very strong.

Edited by Lightning Flik

Guest Vitamin X

Actually the Vikings have a better defense than Philadelphia does. I still expect the game to be a hell of a shootout, though.

And Green Bay really is playing Vince Lombardi, 1960's pound it up the gut, play defense and just win football lately. Too many silly errors in the secondary, but that should be expected.

How about the BEST offensive line in the NFL manhandling the heavily touted Carolina D-line tonight? That was the highlight of the game for me.

Well, Brett Favre still got sacked atleast twice because I fell asleep during the fourth quarter. They are reporting that Steve Smith has a broken fibula, and that is bad news for Carolina. Keary Colbert can fill the spot, but I don't think there is anyone else in the NFL quite like Smith.

Next Week it is the Vikings turn. Somehow I get the feeling Vikes fans won't be as happy after the Eagles get done tearing through them.

If Culpepper somehow drops five TDs on the Eagles, you might as well cancel the rest of the season and just give the title to Minnesota.

Next Week it is the Vikings turn.  Somehow I get the feeling Vikes fans won't be as happy after the Eagles get done tearing through them.

If Culpepper somehow drops five TDs on the Eagles, you might as well cancel the rest of the season and just give the title to Minnesota.

Somehow I don't think Culpepper is going to end the season with 80 TD passes.

Much as I love the Vikings, I can't foresee Culpepper chasing Marino's 48-in-a-season, though he could get close

The Vikings have a moderately tough schedule this year with the NFC East and AFC South, on top of the Black-and-Blue divison games

Here's looking forward to much banter over the season with the resident cheeseheads

Next Week it is the Vikings turn.  Somehow I get the feeling Vikes fans won't be as happy after the Eagles get done tearing through them.

Er...yeah. The hyperbole was kind of the whole point of what I said.

Er...yeah. The hyperbole was kind of the whole point of what I said.

Ok, got it.

Guest Vitamin X
Well, Brett Favre still got sacked atleast twice because I fell asleep during the fourth quarter. They are reporting that Steve Smith has a broken fibula, and that is bad news for Carolina. Keary Colbert can fill the spot, but I don't think there is anyone else in the NFL quite like Smith.

The two sacks, well Favre pretty much just gave them one instead of trying to throw it and make a play (since he wasn't fully out of the pocket), which shows some HUGE improvements over the past few years. Favre always feels like he has to make something happen on every play, which is what makes him such a high-risk, high-reward quarterback. The second one I will give to Carolina, but he didn't even take a good shot all game.

Then again when you run the ball 35-40 times and pass it only 20-25 (some of which were checkdowns to the backfield), you give Favre a lot of rest as well.

Goddamn. I lost my game in fantasy football 256-253 because of Ahman fucking Green. I had the second highest score in the entire league, and I get a lost. Donald Driver couldn't score a damn TD? What's his problem.

I was expecting him to score some TD yesterday. There was two different occasions where he could of scored one. But I am going to try and get rid of him, since Mushin Mohammed is on my team, he'll be pretty deadly with Smith out. Alongside Moss and Price, I think he should be fine. I just need a WR/TE that's solid enough.

Well I just offerend Driver for Engram? Think he'd accept, and is it a good trade?

Nevermind the Engram trade. I cancelled it, dropped Driver and picked up Michael Clayton. With Galloway out, and McCardell holding out, he'll be getting some good exposure.

Unless your league counts receptions, Clayton's probably not going to light the world on fire. The thing with Driver is that he still has some inexplicable name value, even though he's long removed from his Pro Bowl year - you've got to trade him to some schmuck with cheese on his head for somebody like David Terrell.

Receptions are counted, but I guess i'll take a look at other options just in case, like David Terrell.

Ah crap, I gotta wait till Driver clears waivers before picking him up again. I'm going to try and trade for Terrell though, number one reciever always sounds good.