TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  

Break-ups and your cd's

I was living with a women for about six months.  Had moved all my stuff in:  CD's,  Tapes,  Steroes,  Clothes.  We break up,  I got to get out of there,  so I go stay with this girl I had met just that day(I've got it like that),  and I'm in the process of moving my stuff out at the other chicks place.  I'm real pissed to begin with,  having to get out of there,  so I mention who it is I'm moving in with and the circumstances of our meeting.  She flips,  throws a candydish at me(with no candy,  no less....I think she was looking ahead when she picked it up at the flea-market),  I get out of there with some bare essentials.  I wind up getting the majority of my clothes and tapes,  but she gets me for three stereos,  my Rolling Stones FlashPoint,  Marshall Mathers LP,  a boxed Led Zeppelin set(all of their recordings),  a Lynyrd Skynyrd Boxed set(all of their recordings),  a Doors boxed set(you guess it...all of their recordings),  probably 50 CD's off the computer...She took me for everything I had in terms of music,  almost.

This ever happen to any of you?  Oh,  and what's worse,  is I wind up meeting up with her again,  working my magic between the sheets,  and find out that she has sold off all of my belongings.  I mean,  not anything as bad as Waiting To Exhale,  but what a bitch.

Guest muzanisa

Yeah every time I split up with someone I lost stuff (books, CD's even clothes that were ten times too big for them). One particulary vindictive bitch when she found out that I didn't give a shit what she'd taken (Old stereo, Blur and Oasis cds' ) wormed her way back in and took my Zappa, Syd Barrett stuff that she hated but knew I prized.

To be fair I've done the same even got a microwave one time.

A microwave?  Good score.  I made out with a huge talking Winnie the Pooh doll,  and I was the one who bought it for her for about 55 bucks in the first place......I took it the morning after the last time I saw her....I felt like I was making out with the Lindbergs baby.....

Guest converge241

Nothing makes me more mad!

I felt like I was making out with the Lindbergs baby.....

lmfao!

ive lost cds and clothes (tshirts).. i wish i had a unique one to give an example of but dont....

Guest Ripper

I don't know, if I break up with someone and they go live with other guy the same day, they might not get thier shit back either.  

I have lost quite a few CD's in my day... but I've gotten a few from them in my day, so karma is karma.

Guest Kinetic

I got a copy of the "Romeo and Juliet" soundtrack.  She let me borrow it, we broke up, I decided to keep it unless she requested to have it back.  She didn't, so it sits in room to this day.  None of my stuff has gone to anyone else, though.  I wouldn't allow it.

Guest Ripper

Dude, the way it usually works is just like how you got the R&J soundtrack.. You let them borrow it, you break up, and you remember later. Then it just looks kinda pathetic coming back like. "Oh and I want my so-and-so CD back!!"

Guest pinnacleofallthingsmanly

I don't see why people can't just give stuff back. Is the feeling of power that great?

Guest Kinetic
Dude, the way it usually works is just like how you got the R&J soundtrack.. You let them borrow it, you break up, and you remember later. Then it just looks kinda pathetic coming back like. "Oh and I want my so-and-so CD back!!"

I'm usually far beyond the point of being concerned about looking pathetic after a break-up.  I've already made a complete fool of myself, so I might as well get my stuff back.