TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ChrisMWaters

OAO Smackdown Thread: 9/16/04

Wow...you have good ears...:| unless you had taped it and rewatched it or something.

I did just that, I had taped it so just now I checked..and yea he did say that. He said it pretty fast though but yea, he was a little quick.

So Angle/Luthor vs. Big Show/Eddy is the main instead of Taker vs. Gangrel/Viscera?

I doubt that--probably Visc vs. Taker--but that's a money match that should be saved for a future PPV. :D

Although, seriously, since they're lackies to the Champion, it would make sense to main event with that...although for realistic purposes, it probably would be hour 1 while the tag match is hour 2.

No Tazz said that Angle/Luthor vs. Big Show/Eddy would be the main as they were going off the air.

I loved this line from Cole, trying to plug a new segment, after Tazz is talking about JBL beating on Taker:

Tazz: Talk about audacious, man.

Cole: Talk about audacity? How about the $1 million Tough Enough?

:lol:bonk.gif

And the HEIDENRAPE~! poetry session was hilarious.

This was one of the most bizarre wrestling shows I've ever seen. It wasn't just me either, since I called my friend Ian during the Gangrel/Viscera return and he was also cracking up to no end. Right after I hung up the phone rang again and it was my friend Chris and he was like "Are you watching this shit??? Gangrel and Viscera??" Then later when Heidenreich was trying to molest Cole Chris calls back about how disturbing that whole thing was. Then Ian called back asking "What the hell is going on here? There's no announcing. Did someone kidnap Michael Cole?"

After that I called my brother and joked about it.

It's rare for SMDN to inspire this sort of back and forth. Raw sometimes does, but I usually NEVER talk to anyone during SMDN. It's usually not that interesting.

I think whoever booked this show was on crack.

Pretty good show tonight after months of dealing with crap after never ending crap. The Cole / Heidenrapist gay sex scene was my only gripe tonight. I was so happy to see Rico return and I marked out huge for Gangrel.

It looks like they're actually trying to make No Mercy look good so far.

Taker / JBL

Booker / Cena

Angle / Show

Eddie / Luthor

I'm guessing the rest will be:

Rico - Charlie / Dudleyz

Spike / Rey

Rene - Kenzo / Whoever

London / Kidman

with RVD or Mark Jindrak on Heat.

Guest Anglesault
It looks like they're actually trying to make No Mercy look good so far.

Taker / JBL

Booker / Cena

Angle / Show

Eddie / Luthor

Considering not one of those matches could be "good" by any modern definition of the word, I assume you mean they are building up a show with good programs and what could be kind of fun matches.

If that is the case, I agree.

But no, none of those matches you listed will be good.

Taker & JBL have a stipulation that will save their asses as well as the show. Booker & Cena have been putting out decent matches. Angle & Show have had good matches together and Eddie will try to make Luthor look like gold. Add the four other matches I listed and you have a watchable / possibly enjoyable show. This will make up for the Great American Trash debacle.

Guest Anglesault
Taker & JBL have a stipulation that will save their asses as well as the show.

Doubtful.

Booker & Cena have been putting out decent matches

Hey, if that's how you feel, more power to you. They're not awful, so i can see your point. But (IMO) the deterioration of Cena's ring skills is occuring at a Test-like pace.

Angle & Show have had good matches

I personally enjoy their matches, but they're not very good. They have a nice dynamic in there and do some fun spots, but the flow isn't all that great.

and Eddie will try to make Luthor look like gold

It could easily put Luthor over, but it probably won't be good. Over all, tough, I think this show will be greater than the sum of its parts and be very enjoyable.