TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Adam

Feedback for HeldDown: Australia!

I put my thoughts about the show in the last section guys, but I will have a more detailled feedback section in a couple of days. I know all the guys that put effort in this week would love some feedback, so it would be greatly appreciated. But from me, thank you for making this show awesome.

So I'm writing feedback for the show but decide to post the stats of the SCM & Fan Boys first, and what happens--I forget to copy and paste the F'N feedback thus losing everything I wrote.

Anyway, here's the Playboy version of feedback (look at the pics and skim the articles; in this case, the pics are the promos and the matches are the articles): Excellent effort. Then again, the effort is always there so that sounds corny, but true. Everybody knows--the vets at least--I skim the matches only but from the things I read, everything was solid. Props to PFL, Eskimo & Patty for writing the matches of the night.

Adam, I thought you did a excellent job posting--or as I like to say, "directing"-- the show. For a first-timer it can be a little too much, but you handled it well.

Amazing show. The best HeldDOWN we’ve had since I’ve been here (a year and some change) This was pay per view quality. I wonder if we even need to have a pay per view this month.

I’ve mentioned before that Ragdoll was my favorite character in the OAOAST so it was awesome to see him return. I knew weeks ahead of time that he was the mystery partner but I was still marking out tonight. Well as much as you can mark out over an e-fed. The match itself had a lot of good, fast paced and dramatic action right up until the end. Speaking of the end it was nice of Zack to put Axel over. On a side note, I’ve done some calculations and Zack owes me around nine jobs.

The road to elimination chamber confuses me. I think I missed something. I don’t know what it is! I feel so left out. =(

For those who are wondering, Eski and I split the 20 man match. He wrote up to the commercial break and I took over after him. He did an excellent job, except for misspelling Alix’s name. But that’s okay because I messed up when I forgot Jim Cornette existed. The original version was much longer. I had to cut out a number of things like a stripping contest between Max Anderson and Jivin JR and a roid rage sequence from Frank Frankensteiner. I had fun writing guys like GPX, The Tethers and the Bryants. Any crazy move I thought of, I used.

Good matches from NYU and Tommy boy. They both can write some excellent contests and if we actually have an Angle awards this year I’m sure they’ll be up for writer of the year. Although, most of my matches and storylines lean towards “sports entertainment” I’m not a fan of non finishes but it made sense for Sly/Crystal. Cole said elongate. Queer bait!

Papacita always puts on a good show. Tonight was no exception. Actually I expected Panther to win the title.

Y'ALL MOTHERF*****S ACT LIKE YOU FORGOT ABOUT DRE!!!

Awesome.

Anyway, posting a show isn’t all that hard. The difficulty comes in trying to give everyone the space they want between segments. You get people sending in like four or five segments and wanting a bunch of space in between segments and it becomes a problem when the show doesn’t have enough skits or matches to give them what they want. Then there are times when the show has nothing to go as the intro or the main event.

Just so everyone knows, King Cucaracha wrote the majority of the Drek/Rodez match. I tacked on a few spots at the end, but the entire beginning and middle part of the match can be attributed to him.

Feedback for the show later.

... a roid rage sequence from Frank Frankensteiner.

The difficulty comes in trying to give everyone the space they want between segments. You get people sending in like four or five segments and wanting a bunch of space in between segments and it becomes a problem when the show doesn’t have enough skits or matches to give them what they want. Then there are times when the show has nothing to go as the intro or the main event.

Nice to know you were able to figure out which Steiner Frank is based on. :D

Completely agree with you about posting the shows. Whenever I need to add filler I use a plug for the next PPV or HD. And our next PPV event, World Without End, falls on Halloween night!

Edited by Tony149

Oooooh WWE is on Halloween? I'm calling a Trick Or Treat match so no one better steal that name from me!

After reading the stats of the South Central Militia, I can safely say that a feud between them and the Crunk Machine would be pretty interesting.

Oooooh WWE is on Halloween? I'm calling a Trick Or Treat match so no one better steal that name from me!

After reading the stats of the South Central Militia, I can safely say that a feud between them and the Crunk Machine would be pretty interesting.

Yes sir. WWE (Anglesault came up with the name for this who don't know) is on Halloween. I haven't a clue who the Crunk Machine are (I'm still getting use to be a regular and not pulling a Rock or Mick Foley--showing up every now and then), but anything that gives the SCM work is fine by me. I had originally intended for them to feud with Black T but we got Los Infernales instead!

For those who are wondering, Eski and I split the 20 man match. He wrote up to the commercial break and I took over after him. He did an excellent job, except for misspelling Alix’s name.

I had the CoD's stats on screen too...ah well.

Fantastic show, would have held up easily as a full PPV card. Big props to Patty for doing a really great job on the 20 man tag, I really enjoyed reading that one, and pretty much everything else was great. I'll try and do some full feedback later.

Definetley a show to remember.

Guest The Mad Cappa
I thought Rick Shirley was going to be part of the battle royal

He was actually. I'm sorry. I just now got on for like the first time in about a week and I had the match (it was pretty damn long) all typed up and saved to disk. However, the disk became corrupted and thanks to certain things that happen on the ship that I'm on that I can't mention, I didn't have the time (not even to check up the net). This is the only time that I've been able to get on and most likely until next week as the ship is doing things to get ready to go out to sea. I will try to do like a "recap of photos since the footage was lost" type thing if I have the time (since I had a lot of interesting ideas in it.)

Sign in to follow this