TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Agent of Oblivion

Stephen Davis out 2-5 weeks

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Just posted on fox sports..

The Panthers can't buy a break on injuries. Watch your neck, Delhomme.

Guest El Satanico

These injuries could end up being a blessing in disguise. Smith being out gives their rookie WR a chance to break out and Davis being out gives Foster a chance to break out.

If both guys step up, they'd be able to get rid of Davis and one of their veteren WRs. In the age of free agency, you've got to replace pricey vets with younger guys whenever possible.

So who is going to win the NFC South now? The Saints?

I don't think you can count out the Panthers yet. Davis' backup isn't a bum and they seem to be high on Smith's rookie replacement and they still have two veteren WRs. Even with the offensive loses, they still have a top defense and we know how far that can get a team.

I still have a few doubts about Foster. He showed some good stuff in the Playoffs last year, but his two fumbles in the few runs he had in the preseason kind of made me worry. Keary Colbert, however, has looked really good in the preseason with three 60+ yards touchdown catches from Chris Weinke. He couldn't replace Steve Smith, but with Proehl and Muhammed both getting up in years he could easily step in if either one retires.

Guest El Satanico

Kolbert has already moved ahead of Proehl. Proehl is still #3. Kolbert won't have to show much to replace Muhammed next year.

I certainly hope so. I've got Davis in one of my fantasy leagues and drafted Foster as insurance because Davis NEVER plays a full season.

What he said.

I did the exact same in the COSG.net league with the same two players.

First they lose Steve Smith for an uncertain amount of time, and now Stephen Davis?

Could this be the "Super Bowl hangover" thing that hit the Raiders last year or was that a bit different?

DeShaun Foster could have probably grabbed 1400 yards from scrimmage if Davis wasn't there - he is that good. Definitely a blessing in disguise.

Agreed. I predicted that by the end of hte year Foster would be the starter, although I thought he would just take the job, not through injury.

Foster has a good first opponent to stake his claim as a legitimate starter.

well as talked about earlier, at least these guys have a good defense to keep them in the hunt unlike the Raiders...

Hater.

You're right though in regards to how poor the D is. The Raiders don't have any any great players on the defensive side but their offense has been solid, sans Gannon reverting back to his old form from '03. The Raiders collapse from last season could be mainly attributed to injuries and penalty points.

The Panthers aren't going to suffer for losing Davis. They have depth on their bench, which is something not a lot of other teams have like this team does. Their back-up RB and WR's are legit starters and Coach Fox seems really high on using DeShaun Foster.

well as talked about earlier, at least these guys have a good defense to keep them in the hunt unlike the Raiders...

Hater.

You're right though in regards to how poor the D is. The Raiders don't have any any great players on the defensive side but their offense has been solid, sans Gannon reverting back to his old form from '03. The Raiders collapse from last season could be mainly attributed to injuries and penalty points.

:lol:

3 of my football watching buddies are Raiders fans, one of them has the Sunday Ticket deal so I get to put up with their Raider loving shit EVERY Sunday...btw, Raiders vs. Bills this Sunday, Bills being MY team so this oughta be double exciting!