TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bruiser Chong

MLB Game Chatter 9/20-9/22

Guest Staravenger
And Vazques gives up ANOTHER first inning homer.

SURPRISE!

That's the biggest surprise since finding out Bill Clinton was a dirty old(er) man.

Guest Staravenger
Jesus Christ.

Anglesault called it.

It's only the bottom of the fourth...but only ONE god damn hit in the first three innings?

And we ruin any chance of a comeback as Matsui grounds into another rally killing double play.

EDIT: Damn.

That would have been a perfect way for Jeter to have his first grand slam. Bases loaded, down by three. But no, he can't freakin take a pitch. I'm not angry at him, because hes been carrying are team the last month. But I think he took maybe one pitch tonight.

Oh well, Sox lost.

Guest Anglesault

It certainly could have been worse. We kept the lead, shaved a game on the magic number and at least made it interesting in the end

Guest Anglesault

BTW, I'm beginning to accept the Yankees "really bad first game, really good next two games" formula for a series. Obviously, I think they should sweep TO, because, you know, they suck and all, but it's kind of working for us I guess.

Guest Staravenger

I expected them to win the first two and drop the third. Today wasn't my day at all. First the Marlins/Cubs prediction, now this.

Oh well, at least Vazquez doesn't have to pitch for another 4 games.

Guest Anglesault
I expected them to win the first two and drop the third. Today wasn't my day at all. First the Marlins/Cubs prediction, now this.

I don't think you ever truly expect to win a Loaiza pitched game. You just hope really hard that the other teams gets locked in the clubhouse.

Why don't they just start Sturtze, get him to pitch 3 innings, then let Karsay pitch two. You mix and match for the 7th, and Mo and Gordon for the 8th and 9th.

Yes, I know its very illogical, but its better than Loiza.

Guest Staravenger

I don't think you ever truly expect to win a Loaiza pitched game. You just hope really hard that the other teams gets locked in the clubhouse.

Sounds like something out of a bad movie...

Guest Staravenger

I was actually reffering to two things.

1.) Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back. (the line)

2.) Rookie of the Year, when Daniel Stern somehow got locked in the clubhouse. (the bad movie and original statement)

Nothing says nail-in-the-coffin as much as having Corey F'n Lidle take a perfect game into the sixth inning on you.

Go Marlins.

Guest Staravenger
Nothing says nail-in-the-coffin as much as having Corey F'n Lidle take a perfect game into the sixth inning on you.

Go Marlins.

It could be worse...it could be...uh...Esteban Loaiza pitching a perfect game against the Marlins.

Foulke just blew the 1-0 lead in the 9th, giving up a two-run homer to Lopez. Funny thing is there were two outs and two strikes on Lopez. This means no win for Schilling, which is a good thing for moi.

Speaking of blown saves, Mr. LaTroy Hawkins blew a one-run lead, but the Cubs scored in the top of the 10th (thanks only to a wild pitch with a guy on third; clutch-hitting, indeed). Dempster came on in to lock it down, so it's not all loss tonight.

Latest Prospectus Odds.....

AL East

Yankees 88%

Red Sox 12%

AL West

Athletics 81%

Mariners 17%

Rangers 2%

NL East

Braves 100%

NL West

Dodgers 83%

Giants 16%

Padres 1%

AL Wild Card

Red Sox 88%

Yankees 12%

NL Wild Card

Cubs 55%

Astros 20%

Giants 16%

Dodgers 6%

Padres 2%

Marlins 1%

Mark Mulder was shelled yet again tonight. He has completely fallen off a cliff the last seven weeks and there is zero doubt in my mind that he's hurt. He is doing nothing but hurting himself and the A's chances. The A's need to step in and shelve him the rest of the year. He has NOTHING right now.

Actually I would like to hear if Al has a theory on Mulder.