TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
LucharesuFan619

Andy Douglas and Johnny Devine injured in

TNA wrestlers Andy Douglas and Johnny Devine were involved in an incident in Nashville early Sunday morning that sent both to a local hospital.

Douglas and Devine had just left a local nightclub and got involved in an altercation with several men, one of whom was armed with a knife. During the fight both Douglas and Devine were stabbed. Douglas was stabbed in the upper leg, and Devine was stabbed in the stomach.

Douglas was stitched and released and his wound is not considered serious. Devine underwent several hours of surgery this morning and is expected to remain in the hospital for the next few days. The surgery, to repair internal injuries, was successful and Devine is expected to be able to return to action after a 4-6 week recovery period.

At the present time, the identity of the other people involved is not known. They fled the scene of the incident, and local police officials are investigating.

1Wrestling.com wishes a speedy recovery to both Andy Douglas and Johnny Devine.

CREDIT: Bob Ryder of 1Wrestling.com

Guest Staravenger
That really sucks. Devine is a great talent and does not deserve to be put on the shelf for over a month because of some ass holes. Im glad they are both ok though.

Not that I approve this kind of shit, but maybe Devine and Douglas started shit with some toughs, and just cheesed them off to the point they got attacked.

The article isn't too clear on this kind of stuff, and usually makes it sound like the wrestlers were the good guys.

Random question: Did Douglas ever wrestle under another name?

Guest The Last Free Voice

Damn, that sucks. Hope they get better soon. Devine could be a break out star, I think.

Not that I approve this kind of shit, but maybe Devine and Douglas started shit with some toughs, and just cheesed them off to the point they got attacked.

Who knows. I know both guys have cocky on screen characters so you never know if they started anything.

Guest BrokenWings
Well, Andy Douglas is okay, and The Naturals being okay is all that matters.

Hyuk hyuk hyuk.

Anyways, I highly doubt Devine and Douglas started this. I've spent time speaking with Devine on many occasions, and he's nothing but a class act. Possibly the nicest wrestler I've ever met. I can't speak on behalf of Douglas, but my guess is that of some guys noticing them from the program, and attempting to get tough with a bunch of "fake" wrestlers.

That seems to be the case with a lot of these incidents.

Several on the two of them, and a weapon is still needed. Real tough guys there.

my guess is that of some guys noticing them from the program, and attempting to get tough with a bunch of "fake" wrestlers.

That would mean people would actually have to watch the show. And we know that no one does that.