TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Si82

New Pixies material!

http://www.nme.com/news/110032.htm

PIXIES HAVE IT COVERED!

PIXIES fans desperate for some new recorded material from their heroes are to have their appetites sated with an album set to appear on October 18.

The reformed Boston heavyweights have recorded a cover of Warren Zevon’s ‘Ain’t That Pretty At All’ for a tribute album to the late star ‘Enjoy Every Sandwich: The Songs Of Warren Zevon’.

They join some major hitters on the album including Bruce Springsteen, Bob Dylan - who describes Zevon as "one of the great, great American songwriters" – and Hollywood stars Adam Sandler and Billy Bob Thornton.

The song is only the second new studio recording from Pixies since they reformed. It follows the massive online success of new song ‘Bam Thwok’.

Zevon - best known for his hit ‘Werewolves In London’ - died after a long battle with cancer in September 2003.

Published: 30-09-2004-08-30

I'm all for a Zevon tribute album (could care less about the Pixies though). I'd imagine REM would be on it considering that Mills, Berry, and Buck were in the Hindu Love Gods with Warren.

Guest The Winter Of My Discontent
No, they need to stay together till December 8th. After I see them live, they can do whatever they want.

I already saw them, hence my serious feelings on the matter.

My favorite Zevon concept is "Jesus Mentioned." A song about digging up Elvis so he can sing to him about Heaven. But I think my favorite song is "Lawyers, Guns, and Money."

Bollocks to the hate! I am super geeked for more Pixies matieial. Tho I am nervous about how a new record might sound.

Super-geeked?

man.

You know how subpar Bossanova compared to Doolittle? Multiply that by a million.

Guest Neuro

Has their live show weakened? I was going to see them live in Dayton in a couple of weeks, but now I'm not sure. :\

From warrenzevon.com

enjoyevery.jpg

on October 19th, artemis Records is set to release a very special tribute album entitled enjoy every sandwich: the songs of warren zevon. the album features many of zevon’s best-known songs performed by a stunning array of artists including bruce springsteen, bob dylan, jackson browne, adam sandler, don henley, pixies and many more. also included are two never-before-released zevon-penned songs: “studebaker” performed by zevon’s son, jordan zevon with background vocals provided by THE wallflowers’ jakob dylan, and “the wind” performed by billy bob thornton. legendary arranger van dyke parks adds string arrangements to the beautiful “keep me in your Heart”, performed by jorge calderon and jennifer warnes.

Has their live show weakened? I was going to see them live in Dayton in a couple of weeks, but now I'm not sure. :\

Its like a campsire sing-a-long really. They played nearly all of their songs from Come on Pilgrim to Surfer Rosa to Doolittle with Velouria from Bossanova.