TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Perfxion

Someone stole my AIM SN

Someone stole my screen name Dynamite Kid714, it pisses me off not so much that I can't IM people on that name, is that I didn't save the buddylist and can't remember everyone's SN. I am trying to find a way to gain it back but it not showing under the email address that I signed the name under.

How does one want to steal a screen name of mine, and why would they?

Basicly all anyone needs is your password...and if you leave autologon checked its very easy for some people to just open it up and change the password on you really quick...we use to do that to ppl in the dorm as a prank it only took bout ten seconds. As for why...I dont know...you know the people around you better than me.

My gf had it done but the person who stole it went the extra mile, actually attempting to break us up over the Summer and nearly did. Basically one of your "friends" broke in your backdoor and snagged your password. Hell it could just be someone you pissed off in IM. We still have no clue who got into my gf's computer (it was really nice of them to also send me an email a few days later from her yahoo account...morons).

Check your firewall and some other things. Did you have a secret answer so you can reset your password?

My gf had it done but the person who stole it went the extra mile, actually attempting to break us up over the Summer and nearly did. Basically one of your "friends" broke in your backdoor and snagged your password. Hell it could just be someone you pissed off in IM. We still have no clue who got into my gf's computer (it was really nice of them to also send me an email a few days later from her yahoo account...morons).

Check your firewall and some other things. Did you have a secret answer so you can reset your password?

He doesn't remember what email address he used for it. He narrowed it down but 9 times out of 10 the account is now inactive...it was either an old hotmail account or an optonline account that is no longer used.

Another...more remote possibility....is that someone has a keylogger on your pc. Which if that is the case your aim is the least of your problems. Most likely this means that everything you do is being recorded and sent off to however has done it. That includes any credit card info you enter, or private convos you may have

The same thing can be done with some trojan horse's.

I would check to make sure your computer is clean of all this.

I reformatted my PC and run Norton bi-weekly. My PC is clean. The problem is that I been hacked once on AIM. And I got around that problem with using a 12 alphanumeric password. I would, need to find out my old email address. Problem is I used to have a few hotmail accounts for my graphics holding, since stop using them, all are inactive.

Back in the day..you could reactivate your hotmail account without any trouble. Not sure how that goes now that i got GMail, but you could try to email AOL...and prove who you are...they might email you the password....although I doubt it. Maybe you can find a bute force cracker and hack it back. Although is it really worth it? Why dont you just cut your loses and just get Dynimite Kid715 or something.

Guest SP-1
Hahaha, someone hacked your AIM account? What a loser!

Aren't you in the wrong folder?

Guest INXS

There is something you can do..it's a long shot but i'm sure any help is appreciated. If you have an idea of who might have done it, sign on AIM, go to people, go to find a buddy then type in their email address..all AIM names registered with that email address will show up. I know it won't get you your name back but you could possibly find out who has taken your name, with a bit of luck.