TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

MLB Game Chatter Thread

Anglesault, don't you realize any chances we had in the playoffs are pretty much over?

I mean, anything can happen, but with VAZQUEZ pitching game 3, were in deep shit.

Guest Anglesault

Forgive me if Radke, Lohse and Silva don't have me running for the hills

Guest Anglesault
Amezaga with a grand slam to make it 8-0 Angels. Not only are they going to rip out the heart of the A's, but they're going to do that cute little mexican hat dance all over it.

that's a shame

Guest Anglesault

Times has a hilarious article. Apparently because the Yankees try to conduct themselves as adults and don't spend their free time hanging with midgets and throwing water balloons, (Red Sox) or sneaking up on teammates with Rubber snakes (Twins) they're terrified of the playoffs and are going to hell or something.

Guest GreatOne

Ichiro leaves to a standing O and I-chi-ro chants as Hiram Bocachica fends for the last out.

JEREMY REED!~ flashes the leather to end it.

And the Mariners WILL NOT lose 100 games this year!

I've got the A's/Angels game.  The A's had a sloppy second inning and gave up four runs.  The A's have absolutely NO confidence in Mulder right now, as Joe Blanton is now pitching in the third.  Hopefully the A's can come back.

Mulder shouldn't have started tonight, period. He's been finished this year for quite some time. IF the A's some how win the next two games they would be insane to have Mulder on the postseason roster.

I left after the 6th tonight. Total playoff amtosphere in the crowd tonight and it was sucked out pretty quick. I saw Angels' owner Arte Moreno in the crowd before the game. He was signing autographs and shaking hands with any Angels fans that made the trip to Oakland. Nice to see an owner who actually appreciates his fans unlike the ones in Oakland.

At least the Astros won but I get this queasy feeling that the Assholes by the Bay might sweep the Dodgers.

Guest Anglesault
. I saw Angels' owner Arte Moreno in the crowd before the game. He was signing autographs and shaking hands with any Angels fans that made the trip to Oakland. Nice to see an owner who actually appreciates his fans unlike the ones in Oakland.

Moreno seems like a cool guy. I heard he was greeting people on opening day as well.

Welp, the Astros and Giants win, which mean one more of those or one more Cubs lose and the Cubbies are finished. That'd basically confirm what we all figured once they lost the third game with the Reds, but it should be official tomorrow. I'll be pulling for the Giants to take it.

Damn, this really sucks. I cannot believe I am going to have to wait another year for the cubs to get a chance at the playoffs. It seems so far away. No teams from the NL interest me at all anymore. The only way I will be interested in the playoffs is if Boston goes far, and by far I mean to the World Series. I hate the Cards, Astros, Giants and Dodgers so I guess I will be rooting for Atlanta. Its too bad Philly did not make it in, as I respect how into it their fans would have been and I think they are an interesting team.

My dream playoff scenerio would be:

NL

Reds

Cubs

Philly

Rockies

AL

Boston

NY

Detroit

Texas

Guest Staravenger

Fuck, I missed Ichiro...I'll just have to watch the raggi-fraggin replays on ESPN...(sniffle).

Guest webmasterofwrestlegame
Moreno seems like a cool guy. I heard he was greeting people on opening day as well.

On his first day in charge, Moreno said he would be fan orientated and said 'what do the fans want?' at a press conference. A fan jokingly shouted out 'cheaper beer'.

The next day it was cheaper.

The only potential downer if people wanted to be picky was that he took out some fan seating to make his personal suite bigger.

If Anaheim wins today, they clinch the AL West. Here's hoping that the A's win at least to make it interesting tomorrow. Meanwhile, the wild card is essentially down to the Giants and Astros.

Man, if you had told me last year at this time that the Jays would beat the Yankees 7-0 in October I would have danced an Irish jig.

Guest Anglesault
The only potential downer if people wanted to be picky was that he took out some fan seating to make his personal suite bigger.

If all the good things I've heard and seen from the guy are true (including renaming the park), I really wouldn't be upset.

Man, if you had told me last year at this time that the Jays would beat the Yankees 7-0 in October I would have danced an Irish jig.
Beating a line up that featured three all stars at that.

Guest Anglesault
Damn, this really sucks. I cannot believe I am going to have to wait another year for the cubs to get a chance at the playoffs. It seems so far away. No teams from the NL interest me at all anymore. The only way I will be interested in the playoffs is if Boston goes far, and by far I mean to the World Series. I hate the Cards, Astros, Giants and Dodgers so I guess I will be rooting for Atlanta. Its too bad Philly did not make it in, as I respect how into it their fans would have been and I think they are an interesting team.

My dream playoff scenerio would be:

NL

Reds

Cubs

Philly

Rockies

AL

Boston

NY

Detroit

Texas

Whole lot of loser teams there.

Guest GreatOne

Next thing you know they'll be putting '2004 World Series' behind the plate at Fenway................

It is common practice to print up shirts like those beforehand, so they are ready immediately, rather than a few weeks after the fact. Right now there are probably shirts and apparel floating around for both the Athletics and Angels. Most are destroyed, or sent to third world countries.

And the Cubs get off to a great start against Atlanta with Eli Marrero gunning down Jose Macias in cold blood at home plate in the first.

J.D. Drew is the guy that all of the Atlanta press fawns over in the St. Louis deal, but Eli Marrero was a steal of a pickup. He'll be the best "sixth man" in the league for years to come.

Guest Brian

I was at the M's game last night. Good game. I'm going to be selling my ticket stub and hologram ball on E-Bay.

Guest Anglesault
It is common practice to print up shirts like those beforehand, so they are ready immediately, rather than a few weeks after the fact. Right now there are probably shirts and apparel floating around for both the Athletics and Angels. Most are destroyed, or sent to third world countries.

The thing is, it's not like Boston was ever really even all that close to winning the division.

The thing is, it's not like Boston was ever really even all that close to winning the division.

This from the fan who said it wasn't over until it was clinched? Boston had a reasonable shot at one point, maybe one in four. But if they had pulled it off, you can bet your ass there would have been demand for a product commemorating the season victory over the Yankees. Hence the shirt is produced.

Guest Smues

From gameday: Top 8th B:0 S: 1 O: 0

Atlanta Braves third baseman Chipper Jones left the game due to an injured hand/wrist.

Yeah that's just what we need, chipper with another wrist injury.