ASU  507  0.312  314  0.206  36  0.72  0.413 

Tennessee  551  0.339  519  0.340  18  0.36  0.346 

Florida  866  0.533  731  0.479  1  0.02  0.344 

Ohio St.  547  0.337  643  0.422  13  0.26  0.339 

Okla. St.  360  0.222  353  0.231  27  0.54  0.331 

Michigan  666  0.410  644  0.422  8  0.16  0.331 

Wisconsin  650  0.400  597  0.391  0  0  0.264 

source: ESPN.com

That's right if the season ended today, Georgia, not Oklahoma would be playing for the national title. Of course, Oklahoma's probably gonna get a nice boost if they beat Texas; and over the course of the season, the computer rankings will level out, as all the teams between Georgia and Oklahoma lose. However, USC is the only team in the country that truly controls their own destiny.

The BCS ceased being relevant when they re-adjusted the formula (and took out strength-of-schedule, a move that sucks) and made the human polls so much of the equation, so who gives a shit? Might as well just junk it and go back to the old poll system.

The results this early in the season, when most teams have only played four games and a few only three, are irrelevent. That's why they don't release them until late October.

Heh. I was just think about what would happen if they just used the old bowl selection system for this season:

Rose- USC(Pac 10) vs. Purdue(Big Ten)

Orange- Oklahoma(Big XII) vs. West Virginia(Big East)

Sugar- Georgia(SEC) vs. Miami(ACC)

Fiesta- Auburn(at large) vs. Texas(at large)

Guest GreatOne

Hell 2000 was great as an old-school big four bowl setup:

Orange: OU (Big 8/12 champ) vs FSU

Sugar: Mia vs Fla (SEC)

Fiesta: Ore St vs ND

Rose: Wash (P10) vs Purdue (B10)

Not sure that I wouldn't rather go back to that honestly, it's not like a playoff's headed 1-A's way in the next decade...................

collegefootballnews.com once had a setup for what the 2001 BCS bowls would have been like if the old system was still in place....

Orange: Miami(Big East) vs. Colorado(Big 8/12)

Rose: Illinois(Big Ten) vs. Oregon(Pac 10)

Sugar: LSU(SEC) vs. Maryland(ACC)

Fiesta: Nebraska vs. Florida

Funny because I believe Colorado was in 3rd in the BCS poll behind Nebraska. In this set-up, had Colorado and Oregon won, they'd split the national title.

The BCS hurts my head.

When they started explaining why USC wasn't in the National Title game last year and showing all the different games that had an impact on there destiny it just made my head hurt.

"Ok so b/c America invaded Iraq USC lost 2 points but b/c Freddy Adu kicked a goal in this game USC gained 3 points....."

Rose: Illinois(Big Ten) vs. Oregon(Pac 10)

I always felt bad that the Illini didn't play in the Rose Bowl that year. No offense to the Sugar, but for the Big 10 Champ you're first choice is always Pasadena.

That's true, although OU will get a nice boost if they beat Texas. But after that, it seems that Oklahoma State and maybe Texas A&M will be the only opponents that will help them out on the schedule. USC will get boosts if they beat California and Arizona State, and Georgia and Auburn will get help due to wins over SEC teams.

That doesn't surprise me at all. Look at the teams OU has been playing against.

Oh well excuse the fuck out of us. We scheduled the 3 non-conference opponents based off the fact that they all played in Bowl Games last season. Nobody knew they would suck total ass this year.

Nebraska will be a challenge. Nebraska is always a challenge. OSU and A&M will be hard to.

Jesus Flyboy what the hell do you have against OU anyways? And don't say it's b/c I like them so much. You seriously have some kind of hatred for them that I can't explain.

That doesn't surprise me at all.  Look at the teams OU has been playing against.

Oh well excuse the fuck out of us. We scheduled the 3 non-conference opponents based off the fact that they all played in Bowl Games last season. Nobody knew they would suck total ass this year.

Nebraska will be a challenge. Nebraska is always a challenge. OSU and A&M will be hard to.

Jesus Flyboy what the hell do you have against OU anyways? And don't say it's b/c I like them so much. You seriously have some kind of hatred for them that I can't explain.

I'm looking for the hatred, and I'm coming up blank. Their strength of schedule sucks, so they're ranked lower. Doesn't take someone with a "grudge" against OU to see that. Calm down.

Nah if Texas beats Oklahoma I'll just be like "LOSERS!" and move on to wishing for next season to get here.

No Flyboy has stated before that he watches OU games hoping for them to lose. So he must have something against them if he's doing that.

Oh and there schedule is no weaker than USC's.

SC plays Cal, ND, and VT. OU plays Texas, OSU, and Nebraska and they scheduled Oregon thinking they'd be better.

Well everyone asks like they intentionally have a weak schedule. No they stated that they scheduled those 3 non-conference teams b/c they thought they would be better and all 3 were in Bowl Games last season.

And they can't helpo if there conference decided to suck.

I just figured out several games we could actually lose very easily this year.

Texas: Texas is ready this year and they have typically had problems on defense in the past. Well they have a new defensive coordinator to slow us down with. They just have a moron holding the clipboard.

KSU: even though they have less talent Bill Snyder knows what he's doing against us.

OSU: I mean the Cowboys train for this all year. And they could possibly run all over our defense.

Nebraska: they're still learning there offense but they always play us tough.

Texas A&M: yeah we blew them out 77-0 in Norman. But we always seem to have trouble in College Station and they're improving by the day.

Big XII Title game against probably Missouri: could be a KSU repeat.

See we could very easily lose any of those games. That makes this year so tough on us. We haven't been challenged yet in the season so I don't know if we can pull out the big plays when it counts.

And that was the problem with last year in that we weren't challenged at all except maybe by Alabama so when we were challenged we didn't know how to respond.

But this year's team runs more so we don't put as many points up on the board which may look unimpressive when you look at the score but overall we have control of the games.

I hope that the Texas game comes down to the wire. We really do need a regular season challenge and scare.

I'd say that out of that whole list, Texas and Oklahoma State are the only ones that even look as tough as Stanford.

Strength of schedule isn't important just to punish ADs who don't schedule good teams. What it does is show how well a team is performing. A team that's undefeated against a good schedule should be placed ahead of a team that's undefeated against a mediocre schedule regardless of where someone might have possibly thought some team would be ranked when the season started.

A&M at home is still a challenge. That crowd is crazy.

The fact is that the AD thought he had a nice SOS with the non-conference teams. He didn't know they were going to suck. And on top of that nobody can predict when your conference is going to suck. You can't do anything about that in the first place anyways.

So should we move to a tougher conference now so everyone will see us as legit?

Fact is that if we go undefeated and win the national title there will still be people bitching we don't deserve it. Just like in 2000.

I remember vividly in 2000 some crazed Miami fan berate me for what seemed like an hour about how OU sucks, doesn't deserve the national title, played a weak schedule, and all this BS.

You watched college football in 2000?

No one should worry about the early BCS rankings because they're going to change drastically the deeper we get into conference play.

You watched college football in 2000?

No one should worry about the early BCS rankings because they're going to change drastically the deeper we get into conference play.

I actually didn't. I just mentioned to a guy online that I was happy b/c the team from my state won the national title and he let me have it. Turns out he was a crazed Miami fan. My only response was "But they were undefeated....."

I'm superstitious hardcore and my parents just came home with a shirt that says "Red River Shootout Oklahoma" in poker lettering on the front and the back says "Texas Can't Hold Em" and has cards and poker chips and one poker chip says "5x"

That jinxed us. It's all over.

Actually, I could easily see both Oklahoma and USC losing this weekend. I didn't have the balls to actually pick against either of them in Bored's contest, but I kind of get that same feeling with both of them that they might not do as well this year in a big-game situation.

Oklahoma's not the same efficient machine that they were last year when they'd keep playing well against Texas A&M with a 70 point lead. It seems like this year, they might be expecting to breeze through Texas, and then be shocked when the Longhorns run up a 24-7 halftime lead. I still say Texas falls apart in the end, but it seems like if there were ever a year for the Horns to spring the upset, this would be it.

OU is the same efficent machine they just don't run the quickstrike blow out offense anymore. They run the ball more.

Instead of throwing TD pass after TD pass they eat 10 minutes off the clock while demoralizing your defense on the way to the endzone.

It's still a killing machine. Just a very different machine.

Plus they haven't even shown half of what they can do on offense yet. Everyone says they're hiding it for Texas. Watch there games. They run the same 10 plays.

They were talking to a writer in Austin today on the radio mentioning how us in Norman view Mack Brown as a whiney little choker and they asked how the fans in Austin view Bob Stoops. The guy said "As a stonecold killer."