TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
iliketurtles

Favorite Chris Benoit Promo...EVER.

Benoit's been critized by a lot of wrestling fans for not having chrisma or good mic skills, but he's done some pretty good ones. What is yours?

I'd have to say his segment with Eddie backstage at Wrestlemania 20 and the "I Believe" promo he gave. You KNEW that wasn't scripted verbatim and that it came straight from his heart. You knew he was going to win the damn title that night too because it was his destiny and his time. Very short, but keep it simple, stupid.

Guest Real F'n Show

He cut an awesome promo on Triple H back in 2000, around No Mercy I believe. Don't really remember the specifics, except loving the hell out of it.

Also the stuff with Eddie during the Smackdown 6 heyday was gold. Not really a promo, but it was funny as hell seeing Eddie rambling on, and Benoit just standing there looking menacing.

Guest curry_man2002

dont forget the classic "im gonna make him tap im gonna make him sqqquueeaal"

2002 about The Rock (talkin to stephy mac)

I liked his promo before the Number 1 Contender Fatal Fourway match in December 2002.

I remember those around that time period...he did one for the Rumble, and then the rematch from the Rumble.

Those were quality, but sadly never talked about.

Guest thatdude21601
dont forget the classic "im gonna make him tap im gonna make him sqqquueeaal"

2002 about The Rock (talkin to stephy mac)

That was mostly good, cause Steph was like "oooooh ya?~!" "oh ya!" "ooooo". It would have been brilliant, if they both smoked afterwards.

Guest Ray

I don't have a specific one, but his promos in Stampede were solid and better than I expected.