TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Anakin Flair

Question about Tru Calling...

Ok, so I never got to see Season 1 of Tru Calling, mainly because I went from school to work on the day it was on. I might catch a few minutes in the TDR, but I never saw enough to get into it. Personally, I was just going to wait for Season 1 to come out on DVD (hopefully before season 2 started) and catch up.

Now I hear Fox either cut, canceled, or shut down production of Tru Calling, and that only 6 of the 13 ordered episodes had been filmed. So what I wanted to ask is does anybody know what's going on with this show, because quite frankly I'd like to get into it.

I dont know for sure, but chances are with FOX that if there are new episodes coming, it wont happen until November after the baseball playoffs.

As a follow up, I did a quick search and it will be coming back for a 2nd season. However, its getting the 24 treatment premiere date wise, as it won't be starting until January 2005. The original premiere date was November 4th, but that was apparently scrapped just recently.

The good news out of this is that, with Season 1 on DVD November 30th ($59.99), you'll be able to catch up in time for the start of the 2nd season.

Guest reek

Technically Fox haven't cancelled it, they're giving the line that it'll be shown in 2005 and with the number of cancellations already this year, there's always the possibility that they'll keep to their word. But yeah, production is over and even if the six episodes are shown and do get good ratings, I wonder how they would be able to get production going quickly to finish off the season.

Sweet. But too bad about changing the premier date- it would have been on my birthday (when I'd be sure I could watch it). But at least I'll be able to get season 1 on DVD and catch up first.