TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

Yankees/Twins ALDS Thread

Joe Buck giving the verbal blowjob to Jeter

He'll never top Thom Brennaman's man-love for Miguel Cabrera last year.

True, but I can't help but think it was somewhat justified. Here you had a kid who had played in his first major league game just a couple of months prior and it didn't phase him in the bit. He was one of the most critical pieces of that team down the stretch and whether it was the NLDS, NLCS or even the World Series, he was never in awe for a moment and just went out there and performed like it was just another game.

I'm somewhat surprised that Johan appears to be done. He's only tossed 93 pitches and still looks to have good stuff. I suppose they're looking ahead and don't want to wear him out.

When Derek Jeter can't get a clutch hit, you know were done.

Al's gonna yell at you, dude.

Not at all, because it illustrates what I've said many times. Clutch hitting is not a measureable skill.

I didn't mean the series, just the game.

It isn't technically measurable, but when you've seen Jeter's average in the postseason, and the things hes done in the playoffs, can't you consider him a clutch hitter?

Remember great pitching beats great hitting. Remember when the Indians lost to the Braves in the World Series? Indians had great offense but the great pitching of the Braves shut them down.

It isn't technically measurable, but when you've seen Jeter's average in the postseason, and the things hes done in the playoffs, can't you consider him a clutch hitter?

I've gone over this before, so I'll give you the simple version. Jeter's batting average, on base percentage, and slugging percentage are almost exactly the same in the regular season as in the postseason.

Great analysis by McCarver: "The sinker is more likely to be hit on the ground". He's a regular Bill James, that McCarver

Has he broken out the whole spiel about how the slider is the only pitch that does what the name implies? "A fastball isn't all that fast; a curveball doesn't really curve." What a jackass.

Best McCarver story is from when he was a catcher with the Cardinals. during a game he was catching for Bob Gibson and he came out to talk to him on the mound. The only thing Gibson says to him is that t"he only thing you know about good pitching is that you can't hit it."

Thats the awesome thing about Mo.

He was struggling at the end of the season, but come playoff time, its like he turns on a switch.

BOLD PREDICTION: Posada grounds out, Matsui pops out, Ruben Ks.