TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

Yankees/Twins ALDS Thread

Something was TOTALLY up in this game, as the Yanks couldn't take advantage of runners in scoring position. Feels the ESPN over this game...FEEL THEIR SPORTSCENTER BASHING>>LOL.

Talk about pressure tomorrow. Like they said on the FAN today, if Lieber's not on, hes on a quick hook.

Anyway, this was a lot worse than being shut down by Santana. So many fucking chances in EVERY single inning. And we didn't come through once. Not once. The thing that worries me is that if the Yankees somehow get swept, and score like no runs, you know George will focus on hitting, and not the pitching that the Yankees really need.

Props to Moose tonight, he did what an ace is asked to do. The Yankees hitting just fucking did shit.

Guest Smues

I think game 2 is on while I'm in a computer class so I'll be gamedaying that one. Go Twins. Now it's time to duck out of this thread before AS shows up angry about tonights game. (ducks and runs)

And why does this matter?

Everyone seems to beat the Yankees in Game 1, it's getting those other wins that is the problem.

How was he on?

He battled through 7 innings. Thats what good pitchers do. But its not like he was lights out.

He shutout the Yankees.

That's pretty good. Being on doesn't mean having a no hitter.

And why does this matter?

Everyone seems to beat the Yankees in Game 1, it's getting those other wins that is the problem.

Its because the Yankees used to have Wells, Pettite AND Mussina to win the next three. Now, we don't even HAVE a third starter.

Guest Anglesault
I guess all you can do is tip your hat...

and call Johan Santana your daddy!!

Uhm, no, not at all.

And how quickly people forget just what happened in the ALDS last year.

And maybe it's me, but no, Brad Radke doesn't scare me. Ditto Joe Nathan.

Guest Anglesault
How was he on?

He battled through 7 innings. Thats what good pitchers do. But its not like he was lights out.

He shutout the Yankees.

The same can be said for Mike Maroth. Santana didn't look unbeatable today. The Yankees just didn't take advantage of openings.

The Twins got lucky as fuck tonight, constantly getting double play balls whenever the Yankees threatened to do anything. I'll give them this though...those guys can field the baseball. Is turning 2 when you need it a measurable skill?

The problem now for the Twins is going to be finding a way to win 1 more game to get it back to Santana. The scary thing is that Santana really didn't have his A game tonight and he shut the Yankees out over 7.

I was one of the few (if not the only one on here) to predict the Twins to pull the upset in this series. It hasn't remotely happened yet, but it's already an interesting series.

Guest Anglesault
Please don't tell me your NOT going to bash the Yankees offense, AS.

Batting Hideki Matsui SIXTH may be the worst loyalty based managerial move Joe Torre has ever made, an that says something. Batting Williams and Posada before the White hot Matsui may have cost us the game.

Guest Anglesault
Seem to me that Radke handled the Yankees back in August in an 8-3 victory.

Seemed to me I could handled the Yankees in August.

Radke also didn't impress me (or anyone, for that matter) in his little warm up at the Stadium last week.

Guest The Winter Of My Discontent

They need to put Clark in instead of Olerud. Olerud, while decent in the field, is completely washed up as a batter.

They need to put Clark in instead of Olerud. Olerud, while decent in the field, is completely washed up as a batter.

Olerud's been awesome since he came to the Yankees. And he was the closest to actually getting a run in tonight.

Olerud's been awesome since he came to the Yankees. And he was the closest to actually getting a run in tonight.

I called Santana beating the Yankees tonight (as well as Schilling beating the Angels and St. Louis roughing up LA), but I still think New York will come back to win it in 5, and end up making the World Series.

Guest Smell the ratings!!!
Batting Williams and Posada before the White hot Matsui may have cost us the game.

told you mike.

Posada just seems meaningless because he's stuck behind Bernie.