Sign in to follow this  
Gary Floyd

"Team America gets NC-17 Rating"

http://film.guardian.co.uk/news/story/0,12...1320095,00.html

To the MPAA

1.) I fucking hate you

2.)There ficking puppets

They'll get the R rating eventually.

And why don't they, I don't know, just get rid of the scene? If it doesn't help the plot then get rid of it.

And why don't they, I don't know, just get rid of the scene? If it doesn't help the plot then get rid of it.

Well supposidly, it's susposed to be a hilarious scene (complete with Matt belting out an Aerosmith like power ballad) so why should they take the scene out?

Well supposidly, it's susposed to be a hilarious scene (complete with Matt belting out an Aerosmith like power ballad) so why should they take the scene out?

Umm, so they can get the R rating, which will make them more money.

Just put it on the DVD as the "special edition with naked puppets" or whatever they'll call it.

Because maybe I don't want to wait for the DVD? Hey, I'm not turned on by the thought of it, but come on folks, the idea of two puppets having sex is hilarious IMO

Anyways, here's a clip of Kim Jing Il singing in the film:

http://www.latinoreview.com/films_2004/par...a/kimclip2.html

WTF? This reason alone gives it an NC-17 rating? They did puppets having sex on The Man Show, it was sock puppets but still, they did get pretty explicit with it, including a facial at the end.

Because maybe I don't want to wait for the DVD? Hey, I'm not turned on by the thought of it, but come on folks, the idea of two puppets having sex is hilarious IMO

Anyways, here's a clip of Kim Jing Il singing in the film:

http://www.latinoreview.com/films_2004/par...a/kimclip2.html

You're missing the point.

Yes it would be funny. But it wouldn't be worth it in there just for the 17 rating because it won't make ANY MONEY then.

WTF? This reason alone gives it an NC-17 rating? They did puppets having sex on The Man Show, it was sock puppets but still, they did get pretty explicit with it, including a facial at the end.

Exactly, maybe it's Mole who's missing the point (no offense Mole,pleas don't be pissed off at me)

This isn't that big a deal. They should just save it and do a special "unrated" editon DVD like you see with so many other comedies (Girl Next Door, American Pie franchise, etc).

I'm sure the clip will be made available online too, so if people are so impatient to see it, it'll be easy to find.

Exactly, maybe it's Mole who's missing the point (no offense Mole,pleas don't be pissed off at me)

No I get it.

The MPAA is just stupid at times. If they can't edit it so it equals a R rating, then drop it. It isn't worth loosing tons of money.

Guest Dynamite Kido

Meh, either way I'm going to see it. Hopefully, for their sake though.....they get their R-rating......

Guest Smues

NC-17 if I'm not mistaken means no kids, even with a parent. Not that I care too much about what rating this movie gets.

Guest El Satanico

If it gets a NC-17 the have someone else buy the tiket trick won't work very well, because it won't be at any major theater chain and unless you have a good local theater it won't be showing near you.

If it gets a NC-17 the have someone else buy the tiket trick won't work very well, because it won't be at any major theater chain and unless you have a good local theater it won't be showing near you.

NC-17 is a death sentence since most theaters will refuse to show it with that rating.

Also near me, they card you when you buy the ticket, when you give the usher your ticket and before you go in the theater of the R rated movie.

Guest El Satanico

Around here it's pretty easy to get into an R for under agers. Well...that's long as you play it cool and don't be an idiot.

I was working at a theater when NC-17s were still shown, but Showgirls was the only one we got during my time. They'd put an Usher outside the theater for it, so it was nearly impossible to sneak in.

The MPAA can suck my dick.

(psst, I don't actually want Valenti or any males at the MPAA to suck my dick. :) )

You know, MPAA took quite a beating from Stone and Parker over the South Park movie rating wranglings, lots of (rightful) criticism of the MPAA.

The fact that they keep modifying the movie and it still comes back as NC 17 and we're getting closer and closer to the date needed... I get hte feeling MPAA wants to give this an NC-17 no matter. A little payback maybe.

I don't get the big deal about puppets having sex, but eh. It doesn't particularly matter to me because I think the film looks pretty terrible (and if it isn't, then whomever is making those shitty commercials needs to be fired).

Guest wildpegasus

I believe I've seen the South Park movie rated as 14+ here in Nova Scotia. What really disturbed me though was when I saw the movie Ninja Scroll (though I don't know if it was edited) as 14+making it easily accesable to anyone. Here this movie will probably get the same rating when it comes out on tape. I don't favour my younger sisters or brothers being able to easily watch some of this stuff so I hope they stick to the NC-17 rating.

If some people can't watch it because of that - Well, too bad. Cry me a river.

Umm, so they can get the R rating, which will make them more money.

Just put it on the DVD as the "special edition with naked puppets" or whatever they'll call it.

It goes beyond that...

With an NC-17, many chains will refuse to carry the film and newspapers won't carry advertisements for it.

I'll go see this even if it ends up as a XXX film but it'll restrict my ability to watch it freely if it's declared as such.

Guest El Satanico

XXX or any X isn't a real rating.

I can't tell what angle Matt and Trey are taking with this movie, so I'm not sure if I even care.

They should point the MPAA to an R-rated movie with a solid amount of sexuality to it. Like the original American Pie, or any number of 80's teen comedies. Sorry, but this sounds like it's ONE scene of simulated puppet fellatio. No cock is shown. Scary Movie got away with an R rating and it shows a death-by-skullfucking, and a ridiculuous amount of semen ejaculated from one man. Why? Because it was down "as comedy." And a puppet sucking a puppet wang isn't done "as comedy"? Fuck the MPAA.

Perhaps the underlining joke of the title (which will go over many Americans heads) and political commentary is a bit too much for the people over at the MPAA

Perhaps the underlining joke of the title (which will go over many Americans heads) and political commentary is a bit too much for the people over at the MPAA

Something as simple as *slapstick* is over the head of the MPAA... they'd give the Three Stooges an R rating for excessive violence.

"We blow Janeane Garofalo's head clean off, [but for the MPAA] it's all about the positions of the dolls having sex," Parker said. "It's not funny - it's tragic."

Funny.

And this oral scene can't be worse than those in other R-rated movies. I'm sure Downhome can name a few. The first thing I thought of was that dildo impaling in Scary Movie...