TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tawren

Revolution J 2004 "Pinnacle" Press Release

www.REVOLUTIONPRO.COMbanner.jpg

Revolution Pro is proud to present the 4th and final installment of the Revolution J series… Pinnacle. The Rev J has been the stable tournament of Rev Pro for the past 4 years, which showcases 16 of the top junior heavyweights across the nation. This year’s version will feature 8 of the top Northern California talent and 8 of the top Southern California talent, along with a special attraction steel cage match for the Rev Pro Tag Team titles.

The past three J’s has provided some of the best action and excitement in the 5-year history of Rev Pro. On September 28th, 2001, the very 1st ever Rev J tournament, “Destiny”, happened from the Anaheim Marketplace in Anaheim, where Super Dragon won the inaugural tournament over B-Boy in the finals to not only become the first ever Rev J winner, but to become the very first Junior heavyweight champion. The tournament included such talent as Nosawa & Tomokazu Morita (Japan), Ricky Reyes, Pinoy Boy & Spanky (SoCal), and such Rev Pro names such as Disco Machine, Excalibur, Shogun, Rising Son, AWC, TARO, and Mr. Excitement.

The second installment, “Alive”, happened exactly one year later on September 28th, 2002 from the home base of Frank & Sons in the City of Industry, where Mr. Excitement won it over the reigning J champion Super Dragon in the finals in a thrilling final match. The tournament included talent such as Acero Dorado & Xtasis (Mexico), Mike Quackenbush (Chikara), Joey Ryan, Scott Lost, B-Boy & Lil Cholo, and Rev Pro names like TARO, Rising Son, El Gallinero Tres, Excalibur, Street Styles, Disco Machine, Topgun Talwar, and Rising Son.

The third installment, “Freedom”, took place on September 20th, 2003 again at Frank & Sons in the City of Industry, where Rising Son shocked everyone and got into the tournament via a loophole and defeated Super Dragon in the finals. The tournament also included talent like Chilango & Principe Unlimited (Mexico), Vito & Sal Thomaselli (NorCal), The Ballards (SoCal), and Rev Pro talent such as Scorpio Sky, Quicksilver, Chris Bosh, Joey Ryan, Phoenix Star, Zokre, Mr. Excitement, and Angel.

To celebrate the fourth and final Rev J, and to honor the past three years, we will be naming the rounds after the respected four Rev J sub-titles. The first round will be called “Destiny - First Round”, the quarterfinals named “Alive - Quarterfinals”, the semi-finals named “Freedom - Semifinals”, and the final round simple called “Pinnacle - Finals”.

Destiny First Round:

Jason Styles (BTW) VS. Wild Storm (BTW)

- These two men are no strangers to each other as they have been feuding over the BTW championship in recent months. Wild Storm is the current BTW World champion and recently won the hair of Jason Styles last month. Now their feud has carried over into Southern California and into the Rev J this year. Jason Styles is one of the most charismatic competitors in Big Time Wrestling and a fixture in the main event scene there. He mixes a blend of European technical holds, with Lucha Libre speed, and American mat wrestling. Wild Storm is arguably the most popular star in BTW. This high flyer delivers an array of spectacular aerial maneuvers, with his trademark Swanton Bomb.

Scorpio Sky (Rev Pro) VS. Scott Lost (Rev Pro)

- The current Revolution Pro Junior Heavyweight champion will go head to head against the always clever and dangerous Scott Lost. These two are fresh off their recent tour of Osaka Pro in Japan, where they faced off for the majority of the tour. They are very familiar with each other from the tour and look for what started in Japan to carry over and be settled, man-to-man, at the Revolution J. These two haven’t faced off one on one in Southern California in over a year, where Scorpio Sky defeated Scott Lost to win what is now the AWS LA Light Heavyweight title. With the familiarity and bragging rights on the line, look for this one to possibly steal the show.

Super Dragon (Rev Pro) VS. Dante (SPW)

- This one can be simply put…. Southern California’s Best vs. Northern California’s Best, for the first time in Socal! Socal fans are very familiar with Super Dragon’s smash mouth style. The former 2 time Jr. Heavyweight champion, MLLH champion, and inaugural Rev J champion goes into this tournament as the heavy favorite, making it to all the Rev J finals for the past 3 years. Rev Pro/Rev X fans have seen Dante before in the past against such guys as Scorpio Sky, Quicksilver, Adam Thornstowe, and Legend. However, this will be the first time seen in singles action. He brings his hard hitting style, death defying aerial moves to the table. He also has the ability to take it xtremecore if needed, as seen before in Supreme Pro Wrestling. Who’s the best in Cali? We will find out.

UK Kid (Rev Pro) VS. Disco Machine (Rev Pro)

- In what should be another great first round match, Texas Wrestling Academy’s UK Kid will go against the evil, crafty, and dangerous veteran Disco Machine. This actually will be a rematch from their first encounter in June of 2003 where UK Kid defeated Disco Machine in a hard fought battle. UK Kid has recently returned to Southern California and is looking to make a name for himself via winning the Rev J tournament. Disco Machine is a veteran to the tournament, defeating Spanky in the first round of 2001. However, he hasn’t been able to get past the quarterfinal round in Rev J history. This one should be an even pairing, as it’s anyone’s game in this one.

Rockero Del Diablo (CALIFIA) VS. Hijo De Chupacabra (CALIFIA)

- Revolution Pro prides itself in it’s Lucha Libre roots. In the past Rev J’s, we have seen such luchadors as La Parka, Misterioso, Xtasis, Acero Dorado, Piloto Suicida, Chilango, Principe Unlimited, and Super Boy. Keeping with it’s lucha libre theme, from CALIFIA in Northern California comes Rockero Del Diablo and Hijo De Chupacabra. Both men are some of the best lucha libre wrestlers in Northern California and are sure to represent well for the lucha fans.

Hook Bomberry (PWI) VS. Chris Bosh (Rev Pro)

- Two of the youngest, fastest rising stars in both NorCal and Socal will do battle in the Destiny Round of the Rev J tournament. Hook Bomberry, from Pro Wrestling Iron, will be making his return to Rev Pro. He hasn’t been in a Rev Pro ring since 2003 where he battled Mr. Excitement and Angel. Recently recovered from a knee injury, Hook will be coming back on a mission to prove himself to the Socal crowd. The reigning Mexican Lucha Libre Heavyweight champion Chris Bosh’s arrogance is at an all time high, with every right to be. With victories over Super Dragon and Human Tornado at recent shows, Bosh has proven himself to everyone that he is a major force in Rev Pro and a heavy favorite in this tournament. This one has all the makings to steal the show as well.

Quicksilver (Rev Pro) VS. Human Tornado (Rev Pro)

- In a first time ever singles bout, the Spirit of the Revolution champion Quicksilver will go against the most popular superstar in Rev Pro, The Human Tornado. Quicksilver has been on the biggest roll of his career since returning in June from a neck injury, winning the round robin tournament bracket in June and then defeating Phoenix Star in a best 2 out of 3 falls match. Now, he will be paired up against Rudos Dojo’s fastest rising star, the ever-popular Human Tornado. With Tornado, you know he will do anything to advance to the next round, even sacrifying his own body in some cases. This might sound like a broken record but this one should just as well steal the show.

Dana Lee (APW) VS. JJ Perez (APW)

- Two of All Pro Wrestling’s youngest stars from Northern California will be showcased in this year’s Rev J tournament. Dana Lee has seen previous Rev Pro and Rev X action before, against Los Sanchos and Rush Hour 2. Dana Lee brings a mixture of martial arts along with aerial maneuvers. JJ Perez will be making his Revolution Pro debut at the J. He has been making a lot of waves lately in Northern California. A staple in APW’s Jr. Heavyweight division, the former APW Internet champion recently returned from a tour of his own in Japan.

Special Attraction Match:

Cage Match for the Rev Pro Tag Team Titles

“Los Sanchos” – AWC & Angel

VS.

“Los Cochinos” – R2K & Big E. Biggz

- Revolution J prides itself on featuring a special attraction match each year. “Destiny” saw the ARISON girls of Japan collide. “Alive” saw La Parka & Piloto Suicida against Hardkore Kidd & Misterioso. “Freedom” saw lucha libre legend Konnan & XPW superstar Kaos against Damian 666 & Babi Slymm. This year, Rev J’s special attraction match will feature Rev Pro’s own in a steel cage match for the Rev Pro tag team titles as Los Sanchos of American Wild Child and Angel settle their feud with the Los Cochinos of R2K & Big E. Biggz. After their last steel cage match in September, R2K proved himself to the team as he sacrificed his body to try to help them retain the titles via falling from the top of the cage to the floor. With that, Charles Mercury willingly came R2K his spot in this match. The Sanchos/Cochinos have shed plenty of blood in the past, now it’s time to see if the veterans or the rookies will prevail in this final showdown in the confines of the steel cage.

Revolution J “Pinnacle” takes place October 16th at Frank and Sons in the City of Industry at a 1:30 belltime. Tickets are currently still on sale at the Alternative Wrestling Shop in Frank And Sons for 5 dollars off.

Tickets:

Adults - $15

Kids - $10

Frank & Sons Collectible Show

19649 San Jose Ave.

City of Industry, CA

Revolution Pro would again like to thank ALL the fans that have attended the past 3 Rev J’s and hope to see everyone come out for the final one.

Guest Markingout

This year sounds excellent, but wasn't Jack Evans suppose to be in this? I really don't mind that he is out because this is mean't to show off California's best talent, but I am wondering did he cancel?

This year a winner is really hard to call. The past 3 winners are Rev Pro mainstays, I was thinking Chris Bosh to go all the way, but that is way too predictable. He will probably make it to the finals, vs hopefully Dante(who sounds amazing), or JJ Perez. I have a feeling that someone from the SoCal scene will win this though, so that eliminates there chances.

Taken from the SoCalUncensored boards:

Rev Pro - 16 October 04 - Quick Results

First Round

Scorpio Sky defeated Scott Lost

Jason Styles defeated Wild Storm

Super Dragon defeated Dante

UK Kid defeated Disco Machine

Chris Bosh defeated Hook Bomberry

Joey Harder defeated Hijo de Chupacabra

Quicksilver defeated Human Tornado

JJ Perez defeated Dana Lee

Semifinals

Scorpio Sky defeated Jason Styles

Super Dragon defeated UK Kid

Joey Harder defeated Chris Bosh via forfeit (Bosh was too hurt too go on from his injuries at PWG last week, although Bosh wanted to be part of at least the first round of the Rev J).

Quicksilver defeated JJ Perez

Steel Cage Match for the Revolution Pro Tag Team Championships

Los Sanchos (American Wild Child & Angel) defeated Bigg E. Biggz & Lonestar

Finals

Scorpio Sky defeated Quicksilver, Super Dragon and Joey Harder to win the Revolution J tournament.

Order of elimination:

Super Dragon eliminated Joey Harder

Scorpio Sky eliminated Super Dragon

Scorpio Sky eliminated Quicksilver

Apparently there were no stand out MOTYC, but everything was solid and up. Looks like a good tournament.

http://www.socaluncensored.com/board/showthread.php3?t=7151 - The SCU thread on the show

http://www.socaluncensored.com/article629.html - A review of the show

Because someone probably cares... right? I present to you my review of this show:

Planes, Trains and Automobiles report PART TWO: Cruise Control!

The 2004 Revolution J edition By Paul "Mayfield" Newberry

I left The Newberry Mansion and auto dealership at around 1:10 PM. I'm cruisin down the street in my six-fo` jockin the bitches, slappin the hoes… that is until I arrived at the world famous FRANK and SON’S (Note: to the other reviewers, it’s not “Sons” plural… it’s “Son’s” possessive sucka!) Collectable Showcase, for a day of Indy wrestling action. The typically horrid F&S parking lot was even worst than it usual, so it takes me awhile to locate a spot. I see an empty spot, but then some jerk moves in on it like it was the holy freaking grail or something. I was tempted to get out of the car and stick his Magic Cards up his ass… but I decided against it… because that would mean I’d actually have to view said person’s large gas filled ass… thankful I was able to go a few hours without viewing a large person’s behind (keep reading for that exciting story…)

Anyway, I walk in… and much to my shock, the final installment of SoCal’s premier wrestling tournament only has 20 people in attendance! Come on people! As I silently curse SoCal for not knowing what they have here… I sit down and prepare to enjoy The J. I’m a huge fan of tourneys, and was at the previous 2 RevJ’s and found them highly entertaining.

Ok then the show starts… and I actually count about 50 people in attendance (though the crowd really grew as the show progressed)

Oh before I get started, let me introduce you to the my rating system of the day. I like to call it the Joey Harder rating system, which goes:

Soft = Bad

Not so hard: Ok, it has moments but is flawed for whatever reason.

Hard = Good

Rock Hard = Very good

JOEY HARDER = Great

Note: There were alot of matches and my memory isn’t that great for anything that doesn't star Jim Varney, so I’ll keep it somewhat short:

First Round

Scorpio Sky Vs. Scott Lost

Thoughts: Two of my favorites here, and they didn’t let me down. Great fast paced action from bell to bell. Both hit a lot of their standard stuff and break out a lot of backbreaker type moves using their knee (the knee is the new “pump handle” I guess) In the end Sky makes Lost tap to the dreaded triangle choke. Afterward, Sky stands in the aisle way and holds up 4 fingers… My god could he be in collusion with the Four HORSEMAN! Oh wait then he puts one finger down… Holy cow! Now he’s joining The Triple Threat!

Well, either that or he only has 3 more matches left to go.

Rating: Rock Hard

Jason Styles Vs. Wild Storm

Thoughts: Jason Styles comes out a very manly song in Motley Crue’s “Girls, Girls, Girls” but then is announced as being from San Francisco! Which got a big time “Homo” chant. Then Styles breaks out the over the top gay mannerisms, which he seemed to know a little too well… if you know what I mean. Err anyway the match was ok, Storm did some lucha type stuff and Styles… just looked kind of gay. I was actually kinda bored while watching this, so I looked at my RevJ flyer and thought to myself "Wow, Take Jason Styles.. put the A before the J and drop the "son" and I'm watching AJ STYLES!"

In the end (maybe not a good choice words when speaking of Styles) Styles hits what looked like a Canadian Destroyer and gets the victory.

Rating: Not so Hard.

Super Dragon Vs. Dante

Thoughts: I was looking forward to this one, as Dante impressed me at AWS. Plus seeing the “Wrestlers of the year” of their respective half’s of California should be very interesting. In the first half of the match, SD didn’t let Dante get in any offense. But later on Dante takes to the air and flies around, hitting a tornado DDT, The Chaos Theory, and a nice standing shooting star press. But it was all in vein, as SD finishes him off him a top rope double stomp to the head.

Rating: Hard, though I’m blanking on a lot of details. I remember really digging this one

UK Kid Vs. Disco Machine

Thoughts: Disco comes out, and does his standard dancing (which is always cool) then… enter my new favorite heel in SoCal (since Adam Pearce has dropped off the radar in feds I actually follow) the UK Kid! He got a huge amount of heel heat. He bashes the crowd, then threatens to leave and exchanges words with F-S regular Bobby Hill (Fun Fact: a name given to him by Frankie Kazarian at a PCW show in April 2003 "Shut up Bobby Hill" Man even when he's not here, that Frankie Kazarian's coolness is still felt) As for the match itself, I thought it was a lot of fun. I’m seriously blanking on details but I remember at one point, UK Kid puts on a Disco Machine mask and stands over him, dancing! That’s comedy my friends! Later Disco plants the disco bomb (same move that put Spanky down in RevJ 2001) but the kid kicks out. UK Kid goes up top, but Disco catches him… and climps up with him, but UK Kid blocks it, and somehow turns it into a sick 2nd rope tombstone!!! (where did that one come from?) and gets the pinfall on the RevPro vet.

Rating: Hard, very entertaining match.

Chris Boshberry Vs. Hook Bomberry

Thoughts: Another match I was really looking forward to seeing, as Homberry is great and Bosh has really become totally awesome in a matter of months. This one didn’t disappoint either. Start off with some very loud chops, Then Hook Bomberry seemingly turns into LUCHA HOOK~! And starts busting out rana’s and other lucha spots. Wow… I’ve never seen him do that. More good stuff follows… and Bosh hits some sort of bridge to get the hard fought victory. I’d really like to see a longer rematch one day…

Rating: Rock Hard, my 2nd favorite match of the show.

Joey Harder Vs. Hijo de Chupacabra

Thoughts: I’m sure, those of the elder generation remember where they were when they first layed eyes on the likes of Elvis, The Beatles, Wayne Newton, Cassius Clay, four of The Jackson kids and Michael Jordan for the first time. I'd bet they just knew they were witnessing greatness and true history in the making. Well, October 16th 2004, those lucky enough to be at Revolution J also witnessed the dawning of a legend of our times… and that man is Harder, Joey Harder.

When he first came out, I heard the tones of RUSH’s “Tom Sawyer” playing, and thought to myself “Hooray, it’s that one Von Erich that didn’t kill himself!” but through the curtain stepped, a young man making his SoCal debut by the name of Joey Harder. Then entered, Hijo de Chupacabra (out of the CALIFA promotion in NoCal) a little guy with a mask on. That the fans seemed to like…

As for the match, honestly, I was so in awe of the spectacle that was Joey Harder that I lost my train of thought. But I do remember seeing some good stuff in this contest. Including H.D.C. hitting Sliced Bread #2 on Harder, but Harder kicking out like a true champion. I forget how but Harder pinned Chupacabra. And advanced to the next round…

Rating: Joey Harder

Quicksilver Vs. Human Tornado

Thoughts: Starts off with a bang, as Silver is walking around the ring posing to the crowd, Tornado does a truly amazing somersault dive on to Silver! (one of the first times I’ve ever seen him really connect with that) and then they start fight around ringside and Tornado uses the most feared foreign object of all time… a Bottle of Sprite! Obey your thirst indeed. A lot of other fun stuff in this match, but I’m not remembering at the moment. Quicksilver finishes off SoCal’s hugely popular P.I.M.P. with a pile driver and advances.

Rating: Hard. I liked this one a lot, one of my favorites of the night.

JJ Perez Vs. Dana Lee

Thoughts: Disturbed’s “Prayer” hits and I’m like "Damn Right! The MESSIAH is here!" Then some Adam Sandler looking guy hits the ring, and we’re told it’s “Double J” JJ Perez. Ok, my first time seeing him, but I’ve heard good things about him. Then “Kung Fu Fighting” hits, and out comes Dana Lee before the song really kicks, acting all serious. UNWRITTEN RULE: If you use a wacky theme song. Don’t act all serious while entering! Blows the effect

Ok anyway I’d never seen either of these guys before, and frankly I thought JJ looked good and Dana did some ok flips n’ kicks. But overall it didn’t work for me for some reason. Maybe it was an off night perhaps… JJ wins somehow… I don’t remember… but I do however remember the Alamo if that counts for anything.

Rating: Not so hard.

End of Round One. I have to say that was probably one of the best RevJ opening rounds yet.

2nd Round:

Scorpio Sky Vs. Jason Styles

Thoughts: OY VAY, Jason Styles went from just standard Freddy Mercury gay, right past Elton John level gay and right to FLAMING “Rob Feinstein/Harvey Fierstein” prefered costumer at the Blue Öyster GAY as he entered with a feather boa on (also props to the guy sitting next to Bobby Hill in the front row who kept waving at Styles. That made me laugh, unlike a few Robin Williams movies I’ve seen… save for Popeye) Fairly short match with Sky hitting the final answer and then forcing Styles to tap out.

Note to RevPro: Next show, Styles Vs. Angel, West Hollywood street fight… book it.

Honestly though, Mr. Styles did play his part pretty well, he really got the crowd going which isn't easy to do...

Rating: Not so hard.. really too short.

Super Dragon Vs. UK Kid

Thoughts: This one was originally set for PWG’s The Next Show, but was later changed to UK Kid Vs. American Dragon, which allowed us to witness Super Dragon Vs. Chris Hero One.

SD enters and gets right in Bobby Hill’s face; I was half expected Hank Hill, Boomhower and his neighbor Kahn Souphanousinphone Sr. to jump in here.

On the match, another highly entertaining affair with UK Kid heeling it up, and SD beating him up. I don’t recall many details other than UK Kid shouting to the crowd “Where’s your Super Dragon now?” (Reminded me of that classic WWF SNME Hulk Hogan Vs. Bad News Brown match where Bad News was like “Look at your hero now! It’s ghetto blaster time fool” but Hogan ducks it and is able to put BNB away) UK Kid tries for another super tombstone but SD blocks it with a super underhook suplex. Later the Psycho Driver finishes it. Afterward they announced “moving on the next round to face Scorpio Sky” getting me all pumped for what’s sure to be an awesome match.

Rating: Hard

Joey Harder Vs. Chris Bosh

Thoughts: Joey Harder entered, and at least 4 women fainted from his awesome presense. Then Bosh comes out and I’m looking forward to what should be a great match. But Bosh announces something about being too injured from last weeks’ incredible Scott Lost/Chris Bosh Vs. SD/B-Boy – PWG match. Forfeits his spot and gives Harder a bye in the next round.

But I know the real truth; Bosh was just ducking Harder, because he’s too scared of losing to wrestling’s newest demi god.

Rating: Joey Harder.

Quicksilver Vs. JJ Perez

Thoughts: Really short match with Quicksilver getting a quick win with a small package. And it then appeared to me that they were trying to kill time for some reason.

Rating: N/A too short

End of round two: Some good stuff like UK Kid-SD but overall I'd say the worst RevJ 2nd round ever.

INTERMISSION TIME! They set up the cage. I spot The US Navy’s own Bobby Quance in the crowd. And think of how awesome it would have been in he were in the tourney.

Steel Cage Match for the Revolution Pro Tag Team Championships Los Sanchos (American Wild Child & Angel) Vs. Big E. Biggz & Lonestar

Thoughts: Good enough match, Angel starts it off with a huge cross body off the top of the cage. Then it all becomes a blur of chairshots and Biggie Biggs’ bigg ass. Mid match some Asian women dressed in yellow runs in and does something (Am I an expert analyst or what?) later on finally the team of AWC and Angel get the victory after a wrestling move of some sort.

Then afterward, AWC (RevPro’s owner for anyone who doesn’t know) announces his retirement and the end of Revolution Pro. Then he really puts over SoCal and I THINK announces RevPro’s final show Nov. 21 in Hollywood. Nice promo…

Rating: Hard

Then I’m all set for what should be an amazing Super Dragon Vs. Scorpio Sky match, when it’s announced that the finals would be elimination 4-way. Oh WTF? Maybe they were rushed? Because during the match I hear over in the F-S collectable show portion some guy over the PA guy telling people to get out and later “perhaps he not making himself clear.. get out” or something… whoever that was.. shut up yo mouth bitch, I'm watching Joey Harder over here

Whatever it is, I'd like to know the story. Don't make me commission Michael Moore to do a documentary on the matter... or call David Horowitz of "Fight Back with David Horowitz" fame

Finals

Scorpio Sky Vs. Quicksilver Vs. Super Dragon Vs. Joey Harder

Thoughts: SD enters, then Sky, Silver, then the man of the hour, too sweet to be sour, JOEY HARDER~ enters to a thunderous pop and a loud chant of “Harder, Harder, Harder” And it was clear that a new force in the world of wrestling had arrived, and that force was HARDER Baby.

On the match: Almost like an AXP Vs. Super Harder tag match for the first part. Freaking hilarious part where SD curb stomps Silver and Harder looks on approvingly. And just tries it himself and curb stomps Silver to a huge pop. ANYTHING THAT IS WORTH DOING IS WORTH DOING HARDER SUCKER. SD seems amused with his new sidekick, later SD does the violence party and Harder then mimics him. Could we be seeing the beginning of the next great tag team? Well. No as that bastard Super Dragon must have been jealous of Harder’s new found popularity and betrays Harder! Then plants our Hero with a sick Super Natural Driver and finally puts the brave Joey Harder away. Harder may have lost the tournament… but he ended up winning our hearts.

Eliminating his ally, Joseph F'N Harder spelt the beginning of the end for Super Dragon (who’s been a finalist in all four Revolution Js) even after hitting an amazing tope con HELLO (!) in to the crowd, and breaking out the Top Rope Blue Thunder Bomb. The numbers were still too much to overcome as he falls to a 450 splash at the hands of Sky.

And then… there were two. The long time friends and partner had to go thru each other in order to realize their dream of winning the J. After a good series of exchanges, Sky attempts a top rope reverse rana but ends up sending them both crashing hard (but not Harder) to the floor. When they recovered, Sky was able to pin Silver and win, the 4th and final Revolution J.

Afterward, Sky tries to shake Quicksilver’s hand but is met with a slap upside the head. Several people then enter the ring and cooler heads prevail. Maybe a final Quicksilver Vs. Scorpio Sky showdown at RevPro's finale?

Rating: Joey Harder, Very entertaining match. Congrats to Scorpio Sky, he really deserved this one.

Overall: Some really good stuff here. Bosh Vs. Bomberry, Tornado Vs. Quicksilver, Lost Vs. Sky, SD’s stuff, UK Kid’s hilarious antics, and of course the admergence of the 2004 Rookie of the year, Joey Harder. Heck, even at it’s worst the show was still very solid.

But also I’d call this the worst Rev J. to date. They didn’t make the Tournament seem special like they did in past years. No opening group entrances, no streamers for the finals like they did in previous installments. Plus it seemed rushed, Bosh forfeiting, JJ-Silver ending so quick, the bizarre choice of a 4-way final. A whole host of other things, good show… but with a little more work it could have been a great show.

Breakdown:

Best Matches: 4-way final, Bosh Vs. Bomberry, Sky Vs. Lost

Spot of the show: UK Kid Tombstones Disco Machine off the turnbuckle

Breakout star of the show: Your Daddy, Joey Harder. NOTE TO PWG, AWS, UPW, WWE, All Japan, ZERO ONE, NJPW-USA, CZW, ROH, 3PW… Book Joey Harder… now.

I didn’t need to see that moment: Angel pulling Biggie Biggz pant down.

Gayest looking wrestler on the show: Jason Styles (Sorry Angel, try HARDER next time)

Anyway, I pick up some flyers, exit the building, walked to the car and drove home… blah blah blah do you really care? err so that'd be it...

Thanks for reading the historic 2nd Edition of the PLANES, TRAINS and AUTOMOBILES Report. Look for more of these, along with my usual PWG Previews in the coming weeks and months.... keep checking http://www.paradisecityninjas.bravehost.com for those

Excellent review PsychoDriver. While this may not be the best looking show ever, I am looking forward to getting the tape.

I hate you SoCal guys for getting good wrestling.