Sign in to follow this  
The Dames

The ALCS: New York Yankees vs. Boston Red Sox

Some Yankee fan this one is

It's those damn $10 computers.

That never gets old

And Al, I am definitely up for the AIM chats

Guest Anglesault
I'd rather gouge my eyes out with a melon baller than watch this series.

West Coast fan has spoken

It's kind of sad when they get all bitter like that.

It's kind of going to be funny to compare this series to a relatively calm NLCS.

Well, if we actually HAD some Cardinals fans here, for one...

I didn't mean on this board.

Well then

If it's Houston-St Louis, it would be big because of the division rivalry there

Not Boston-NY big, obviously, but still big

Guest Anglesault
You Red Sox fans should respect us.

Considering we are your elders, and your daddies.

We're only Pedro's daddies. We're the guys who make Schilling cry and Varitek fight like a girl. There's no familial relationship there.

I'll grudgingly respect Yankee players, since they do actually play the game

Yankee fans (not named Damian Gonzales) can fuck off for all I care

Guest Anglesault
I'll grudgingly respect Yankee players, since they do actually play the game

I respect Tim Wakefield, I respect Bill Mueller.

I respect the ability of guys like Manny and Pedro and Schilling

I can see I'll be sick of this thread by the end of Game 1. I'd rather have AIM chats for every game instead of one thread of 5000 posts that say nothing.

I can see I'll be sick of this thread by the end of Game 1. I'd rather have AIM chats for every game instead of one thread of 5000 posts that say nothing.

I'm already sick of it. And there's still roughly three days until Game 1.

If this was wrestling, then I would say the build up to this rematch was beautiful. The Sox feud has gotten intense over the past 2 years, and now, The Sox are facing a retooled Yanks lineup. Gone is the hero Boone, but replaced with A-Rod, who in two games in a row during the Twins series got 2 crucial hits to help the Yanks.

I say Yanks 4-2.

Guest Anglesault

booneanimation.gif

BTW, this is the first time Mattingly sees an ALCS. Not quite the same as playing in one, but good for him.

Edited by Anglesault

Some Yankee fan this one is

It's those damn $10 computers.

That never gets old

And Al, I am definitely up for the AIM chats

I heard Yankee Stadium's concession and catering service was seized by the government, and the contract was reassigned to the Food Man.

I'm just glad I got what I wanted.

Yanks/Sox ALCS is second to nothing in baseball right now. Should be an amazing series as usual with the winner going on to get annihilated in the World Series eventually.

Just like last year, these two teams take everything out of one another. By the time one of them makes it to play St. Louis in the Series, they will have been drained emotionally and physically...just as the Yanks looked against Florida last season.

Guest Anglesault
By the time one of them makes it to play St. Louis in the Series, they will have been drained emotionally and physically...just as the Yanks looked against Florida last season.

And we still should have won.

By the time one of them makes it to play St. Louis in the Series, they will have been drained emotionally and physically...just as the Yanks looked against Florida last season.

Agreed, but they didn't.

Guest Anglesault

Agreed, but they didn't.

But the main reason had very little to do with the Boston game.

Can we talk about THIS year please?

The offenses are pretty much a push, and both teams are pretty capable on defense (Boston moreso when they put in the Gold Glove Infield in the late innings), so this series will come down to pitching, and I'll have to give the nod to Boston's starters while the Yankees have the better bullpen (but only because they have Gordon and especially Rivera)

Of course, Rivera blew TWO saves against the Sox during the season....

And the Red Sox have the best starter in the series (Schilling).....

And you know Pedro's itching to give the Yankees the double bird (figuratively) in the Stadium......

Of course, Derek Jeter seems to come up big every fucking time he's put in a clutch situation....

And A-Rod's been having a good postseason.....

I can't make a prediction. Maybe after Game 1.

Guest Anglesault
Of course, Rivera blew TWO saves against the Sox during the season....

And you know Pedro's itching to give the Yankees the double bird (figuratively) in the Stadium......

These two cancel eachother out.

Guest Anglesault
I'll go the Rock/Hogan-rematch route and predict the Red Sox in five.

Rock won the Rock/Hogan rematch.

I meant in the "hideously underwhelming rematch" context of Rock/Hogan, not the actual results of the match.

It would be pretty damn funny if New York just went out and won all three games at Fenway, though.

Well, since I wasted way too many posts in the ALDS thread by basically being the only one posting (and the fact the majority of the baseball fans on TSM are Yankees fans), I'll probably just try to stay away from this thread during the games and just enjoy the series. I might even try to get down to Boston for Game 3 or Game 4...I wish I went last year.

But hey, it's what I wanted. Yanks/Sox...wouldn't want it any other way.

Okay, I'm now modifying my predictions since the Twins didn't get it done. Correct me if I'm wrong but there's no curse saying the Sox can't ever beat the Yankees, right? Just that they can't win the Series. Thus, I think they'll actually win the ALCS in about 6...and of course still go on to job in an epic 7 game series against the Cardinals.

Guest Anglesault

I'm not trying to be a alarmist, but apparently something bad has happened to one of the Yanks. Apparently the Channel Four guy said that the mood after the celebration became "very somber" and "that the Yankees will only say it involves a private matter with one of the players"

There are only a few thing that would fit a description like that, none are good and they really don't have much to do with baseball.