TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
iliketurtles

World Series 2004

People are overreacting to this. The Sox just did what they are supposed to and won 2 at home. Now, WHY they had the first 2 at home is sickening to me, since the Cards had the best record.

If they went by the old system (alternating between NL and AL), Boston would have home field anyway. Baseball has never gone by record, at least not until the wild card was introduced.

Has St. Louis released who's doing the national anthem/seventh inning stretch yet? I'm banking on Nelly being there at least once...

Also, since Muggy's admitted that he's a curse the Sox are 5-0, and if this keeps up, 6-0. We appreciate it, Muggy.

:headbang:

Well... so far... 8 errors + 2 games = 2 wins

Fucked up math isn't it?

Point is... the Cardinals are not taking advantage of what is in front of them. Right now, they got Pujols hitting, and that's it. The pitching is on the "Meh" side. Boston is holding their own pretty well... and Schilling is just a FREAK for going out there and doing what he is doing. He'll probably have a statue right next to Ortiz before its all said and done.

But... of course... this series isn't over yet. We now go to a ballpark that has housed a home team with an undefeated record in the postseason. If Boston can get one win out of there at the very least, that would do A LOT for them. If they get two, SERIES OVER~!

So now we have Suppan vs. Pedro w/Lil' Pedro. I'm taking a look at this contest... and I have no fucking clue to be honest with ya'll. Suppan showed us some good stuff in the Astros series, and I don't know what Pedro is going to bring to the table. I just hope St. Louis is respectful enough not to start that "Who's Your Daddy" stuff. St. Louis is above that.

It should be quite the interesting game Tuesday. Have a few drinks and enjoy the game.

:cheers:

You can't say that, though, because if he changed his batting approach to put the ball in play he might not walk as often and could lower his OBP.

Francona addressed just that in the interview room before yesterday's game. The style of play that Bellhorn uses includes a ton of strikeouts, but the good (OPS, walks, etc) outweigh the bad (the strikeouts) so the team has no problem with the K's. They'd rather take him as is, with the strikeouts, than have him deviate and potentially lose out on the OPS, walks, and timely hitting.

As an aside, it's humorous to note the amount of bandwagon fans the Red Sox have attained by making the World Series.

Tom Hanks, Sox fan 4 life baby!! I hear he told stories about being in the stands in 1975 watching Fisk's homer hit the pole during the filming of A League of Their Own.

You know when he came on I was lying in bed taking a nap, and some kinda annoying voice say "I grew up in Cleveland and Oakland so I'm an AL fan, yeah!" and I was like "who is that fucking guy" and then I'm like "oh duh it's Tom Hanks" and then I was like "wow he's hanging out with Jimmy Fallon" and then I was like "wow he sure has sunk."

Guest Mr. Wrestling

I'm more or less a Braves fan but I hate the Yankees and love rooting for the underdog. Plus John Kerry is from Mass.

Hate Yankees + Rooting for underdog + John Kerry's homestate= Boston Red Sox.

John Kerry being from Mass is almost enough to turn me against the Red Sox.

Seriously, does anyone LIKE John Kerry? I mean honestly, thinks he is a worthy and qualified candidate beyond "I'm the Democratic nominee and not George Bush."

Guest Anglesault
Can a day off fix "stupid baseball"?

How are they playing "stupid baseball"? Aside from Sanders missing second and not being able to advance to third today, I can't remember any mental mixtakes they've made. I wouldn't even consider that a mental error, but it was a mistake.

When a team is facing a heavy man, with one ankle, and the team does absolutely zero to exploit it, opting instead to try the "flailing like fools" method that worked oh, so well for the Yankees five days earlier, it's safe to say they're playing stupid baseball.

I remember that Dennis Cook was mentioned for a streak like that in the 2000 "Subway Series", but I don't think he pitched that many innings, did he?

EDIT: Just looked at Baseball-Reference.com. Oh...my...GOD.

Guest OSIcon
When a team is facing a heavy man, with one ankle, and the team does absolutely zero to exploit it, opting instead to try the "flailing like fools" method that worked oh, so well for the Yankees five days earlier, it's safe to say they're playing stupid baseball.

You are right about that....I wasn't thinking along that line. I can understand the Yankees not bunting because they don't bunt a lot. The Cardinals are a different story. When you have one of your better hitters hit a bunt single in game one and you don't try to bunt at all against Schilling, that is weird.

Maybe they were simply in the "that's the cheap way to win" school of thought. I don't really agree with that, but I know a few of my friends and other people I have talked to have gone with that line of thought.

But the Braves don't win a lot in the post season.

The fuck?

Has the world gone mad?!?

When you get to the World Series every year, you're going to win a lot of games, whether you hoist the trophy at the end or not.

Hey St. Lou...itians, what's the weather looking like for tonight? They're saying in Boston that it's going to rain in the afternoon, but it should taper off by gametime.

I won't be too disappointed if the game is called, means more San Andreas playing time for me.