TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
iliketurtles

World Series 2004

They're not gonna know it was never on my head. I'm taking very good care of it and I'm making sure it looks as knew as possible.

They have a 30 day return policy on hats so I'm not concerned.

If you buy a fitted Red Sox hat for $45 then you deserve to wear Bob Barron's used hat

Simmons' article had me ROLLING.

"What do you call 25 guys watching the World Series?

The Yankees"

I can understand how some Cards fans would be upset that he took shots at them regarding them dying, but keep in mind that he's a Red Sox fan. We've cheered a team in the bottom of the ninth that was down by 8 runs. The fact that they died when Suppan was picked off of third in the third inning and never really got rolling again until Walker homered in the ninth is a valid comment, imo.

Guest DubWiser
Anyone else hear the Boston mayor's public prayer after game 3 or 4 of the ALCS?  Funniest thing you will ever hear.  Just picture a guy with marbles in his mouth, adding a thick Boston accent, and metaphors about cookies, and there you go.

"Lawd, hear our prayah."

Menino is fucking awesome.

He was on Dennis & The Forehead this morning discussing how the "Cardinals have been plucked" and his plans to have the victory parade nice and early so those pesky college kids won't have time to get all "oiled up".

How did you spend 45 dollars on a hat? How?

Fucking idiot. You deserve that hat.

I wouldn't have spent $45 on it- but it was the only hat they had that was remotely my size in the city of Toronto. I went to 5 different stores.

One store had a huge shipment of Yankee hats but didn't order any extra Sox hats because- you know.

I bought it fully planning to return it when the series is over.

$40 for a Jays hat? Was it fitted?

Guest The Shadow Behind You

I still think you are incredibly dumb.

Renting a hat? I hate people like you who'se team can't win so you quickly latch onto another team just to pretend you choose a winner.

My team sucks and have for 13 years now but I don't go buying a Sox Hat or anyother team just rent it out for a week to put on a act "I'm a fan". I like the Sox and I own a Sox hat that I paid $18 bucks for and wore it throughout the season and will after the season most likely.

I don't see how anyone could have more than one true favorite team in the same sport. If you're a true fan of a team, it's not possible to like another team as much. You can like other teams or even like them a lot, but I always roll my eyes when I see people listing three or four teams that are their "favorites." I mean, you guys do know what favorite means, right?

Just a warning to you Sox fans. If you lose tonight, it could get bad.

It just might be me, but I got really paranoid about winning the series after we lost game four. Maybe thats because Pedro and Schilling were pitching next, or just because we were three outs away.

When we got up 3-0, I kept thinking it was over, but then I think how we still have to win one more game. Maybe thats because I'm a lot more scared of the Sox then any other team, who knows.

Guest The Shadow Behind You
I don't see how anyone could have more than one true favorite team in the same sport. If you're a true fan of a team, it's not possible to like another team as much. You can like other teams or even like them a lot, but I always roll my eyes when I see people listing three or four teams that are their "favorites." I mean, you guys do know what favorite means, right?

I don't see how this is any different then wearing Band shirts.

My favorite band is Metallica but If i wear a Slayer shirt, does that mean I really don't like Metallica?

If the Sox lose tonight, they have Brumhilda Arroyo ready for a start. He's been pretty good. After him, they can put Schilling back together for a few innings if needed or start Wakefield.

I'm honestly not worried. The Cardinals are looking dead.

And we've learned too much about bob in this thread. Do you return underwear after you've worn it?

I don't see how anyone could have more than one true favorite team in the same sport.  If you're a true fan of a team, it's not possible to like another team as much.  You can like other teams or even like them a lot, but I always roll my eyes when I see people listing three or four teams that are their "favorites."  I mean, you guys do know what favorite means, right?

I don't see how this is any different then wearing Band shirts.

My favorite band is Metallica but If i wear a Slayer shirt, does that mean I really don't like Metallica?

Teams are different from bands though. It's ok to like more than one band, but bob has rooted for the Yanks and Red Sox in the same postseason. He's also rooted for three teams in the NHL playoffs and has at least three favorite baseball teams. He doesn't buy hats, he RENTS them for the rest of the playoffs.

I mean, bob, you claim it's because you're poor or whatever, but if you're that poor, why buy the hat in the fucking first place? It just makes you look like a fucking moron that you return a hat after the playoffs, like you're returning a movie or something.

I think supporting at most one other team is acceptable, so long as it's not a big division or "classic" rival

My initial NFL and MLB teams are the Vikings and Reds, but Frigidsoul's Massachusettsian influence got me to adopt the Sox and Pats as my other teams back around '99.

I'm cheap- not poor. There's a difference.

but bob has rooted for the Yanks and Red Sox in the same postseason.

Explained that one.

has at least three favorite baseball teams.

Wrong. The Braves are my favourite team, always have been and always will be. Boston winning would be great but I won't be nearly as happy if it was my Braves. They're my favourite team and I live and die by them. Being happy that one team won a World Series doesn't mean I switched alliegances. I'd kill to see the Braves in this position right now but thank you Chris Resuckma.

He doesn't buy hats, he RENTS them for the rest of the playoffs.

That's more of the fault of Champs Sports.

Guest Smell the ratings!!!
I'm cheap- not poor. There's a difference.

I'm both, and there really is no difference.

I think it's acceptable to have 2 teams, provided they are in different leagues/conferences/whatever. Also you have to admit that you only picked up the second team because you're pissed off at your first team for sucking. As a White Sox fan I have experience in this area.

My question is, why a FITTED cap? Why not just buy a $6 hat from Kmart or some place?

It's all they had. There's no KMart or WalMart near me so I was stuck walking down Yonge St. looking for any place that sells Red Sox hat.

I hate fitted hats. My hope is in a month, no one will care, and I can buy a one size fits all hat for less then $45.