TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BUTT

Ashlee Simpson on SNL

What the hell just happened with Ashlee on SNL? I have never seen anything like that on live TV. I guess my generation just had it's Milli Vanilli on MTV moment.

Guest The Shadow Behind You

she was likely lip syncing as most of them do, i haven't seen it though.

Its no surprise that she was lip syncing......IT IS F'N POP MUSIC WHAT WERE YOU EXPECTING. It's really sad that had to happen but what can I say other than bwahahahahahahahaha.

Well I'm not surprised that she was lip-synching...it's just that I've never seen that big of a fuck-up or an aborted musical perfromance on SNL before.

Something was seriously fucked up there. She HAS sung live before (Today or GMA or Cold Pizza or something) and it wasn't great. The show's been off track since the Black Hole of Suck reared his head on Update, really...

Its no surprise that she was lip syncing......IT IS F'N POP MUSIC WHAT WERE YOU EXPECTING. It's really sad that had to happen but what can I say other than bwahahahahahahahaha.

Well, even the fricking Spice Girls sang (mostly) live on SNL. It's not like she's doing Top of the Pops or the Brit Awards - they likes their lip synching and choreographed over there.

Good for her for coming back out and apologizing though.

What exactly happened?

The second preformance was the same song as the 1st one. Right before she was going to sing you could hear the recording of her singing her own backup to the song "Pieces of You". She just walked off stage in shock while her band continued to "play".....later on at the end of the show she was crying and made a weak excuse......at least Jude Law gave her a hug and tried to comfort her.

Oh wow.

I'll be downloading this one as soon as it's up. I can't wait to watch it tomorrow sometime.

Is it safe to assume that the show sucked as a whole?

I'd be too embarrassed to come back out at all, which is why I'm impressed that she came back out. Not enough that I'll become a fan of hers, but still.

It was a hit and miss show- my review should be up in a few hours

A few hours? That's going above and beyond the call of duty. Looking forward to it...

Shows like this, the Andrew Dice Clay, Sinnead O'Conner episodes will never be replayed. It would be safe to say that it will be edited out if and when it will be replayed on cable or network tv.

Shows like this, the Andrew Dice Clay, Sinnead O'Conner episodes will never be replayed. It would be safe to say that it will be edited out if and when it will be replayed on cable or network tv.

No it won't.

This isn't like she ripped up a picture of the pope.

They replay Tim Robbins/Sinead all the time. They just use the dress version of 'War'.

If they want to they can use the dress version.

I'm not suprised she lip synched. The guitars were totally too loud ove her vocals and she never bothered to change it.

What an unprofessial piece of shit

Shows like this, the Andrew Dice Clay, Sinnead O'Conner episodes will never be replayed.  It would be safe to say that it will be edited out if and when it will be replayed on cable or network tv.

No it won't.

This isn't like she ripped up a picture of the pope.

They replay Tim Robbins/Sinead all the time. They just use the dress version of 'War'.

If they want to they can use the dress version.

Thank god we can see the show again without having to see the only interesting part.

Swear to god, people, just because you're related to manufactured fame doesn't mean you should manufacture your own fame yourself.

Fuck, I could be a pop star and I don't need Simon Cowell bitching at me that I have no talent. I can't sing for crap, but if so many singers little brothers (Aaron Carter) and sisters (Simpson, Duff) who only happen to share blood heritage with someone who got popular first can go out there and be considered a legitimate star (well, legitimate on the Clear Channel circuit) then why can't I?

In dress Sinead shows a picture of a starving child. It's a pretty good performance.

I think they may show it just b/c they have to since people will be talking about it. Replacing it with a dress version would just piss off everyone.

Did Ashlee really say the following at the end?

"My band started playing the wrong song...so I FREAKED AND STARTED DOING A HOE DOWN"

For the love of God please tell me that's true.