TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BUTT

Ashlee Simpson on SNL

I have. I know I've seen her sing War before.

She holds up the kid since they're probably scared shitless.

They also censor Martin Lawrence's monologue and two Smigel cartoons got yanked.

Guest JRE

So, I guess there's rumors that Lorne purposely did it because he hates lip-synched performances

(I have no source, just read it at another board and decided to bring it into discussion- though it sounds absurd)

Wooooooooo...

From Lucky Magazine interview:

LM: What are your takes on lip-synching?

AS: I'm totally against it and offended by it. I'm going out to let my real talent show, not to just stand there and dance around. Personally, I'd never lip-synch. It's just not me.

Guest Nanks

I really hope she isn't allowed to get away easy with this shit. Anyone who's got an interview scheduled with her in the next couple of weeks should be salivating.

I usually don't watch the musical performances, so I missed it.

Show was mostly bad this week. The Hardball cold opening was great. Trump sketch was good. And the O'Toole and Caine in Taco Bell talk show was pretty good. The rest was awful. Seth looked distracted in the debate sketch, like he would have rather been watching the game.

And My God did Tina look hot in the monologue. I swear she looks more beautiful from week to week. Amy looked gorgeous as always. That shot of Tina and Amy after the virginity joke on Update was awesome.

Another British actor hosting next week. Hopefully Winslett is a good host.

But she has no real talent. Her voice is horrible

She can't sing worth a shit, period, she's horrible...especially live.

Then again, most new and "upcoming" pop acts don't know how in the hell to sing...because they just can't.

Sickens me.

I'll have my review up in a bit. I'm doing one of my 'Amy should die' rants.

But yea- This is not gonna be good for Ashlee's career. I can't believe she sold so many records

But she has no real talent. Her voice is horrible

She can't sing worth a shit, period, she's horrible...especially live.

Then again, most new and "upcoming" pop acts don't know how in the hell to sing...because they just can't.

Sickens me.

Are you sickened to the core?

I really hope she isn't allowed to get away easy with this shit. Anyone who's got an interview scheduled with her in the next couple of weeks should be salivating.

I would be surprise if Best Week Ever, The Soup, Extra, Inside Edition, Entertainment Tonight, don't exploit this story. This deserves to be on one of E! List shows for biggest celebrity screw up.

I doubt this is gonna make a huge difference in her career, which would've fizzled out after this album, anyway. The public at large could give a shit about "honesty" or "integrity" these days, at least as far as pop musicians go.

I'll have my review up in a bit. I'm doing one of my 'Amy should die' rants.

But yea- This is not gonna be good for Ashlee's career. I can't believe she sold so many records

Everybody who had a reality show based on them usually do well at selling merchandise.....can we expect more MTV non-stop reruns of her show?

She's not sure if she wants to do a second season but I think she's just angling MTV for more money.

I don't think it will hurt her career but she's gonna become a national punchline.

I wish this was happening to someone more worthwhile though.

Like who someone who supposely has a great voice like the new look Christina Agulia or pop punk queen Avil?

Plus, though there will be Milli Vanilli cracks, this is a different situation. Those guys never sung any of their own shit, which was ultimately the catalyst for their public humiliation. Ashlee Simpson at least, at some point in time and with the help of studio sweetening, does sing her material. Hardly any pop star sings live, especially for a tv performance. Anyone that believes otherwise is deluding themselves.

How about Britney? So we can FINALLY bury her worthless talentless career once and for all.

I never had a problem with Ashlee since she was just there. She wasn't really huge so I wasn't hearing about her every five minutes. Now if this had happened to Britney or Avril, perfection would have been achieved.

Britney had the balls to sing live on SNL.

Sure she sucked but her live version of Everytime is so bad it's funny

I enjoyed the comedy of her Showtime performance the best

Her lips making words that she didn't "sing" for a good four seconds. Classic.

Her message board had a few posts ripping her, it's so sad.

Wait.

Spears actually did sing live at one point?

I'm shocked.

Actually, yes she did. Her "ppv" concert, she actually sang. She was horrible and I nearly wanted to disown my niece for making me sit through it, but she did sing.

Her Showtime one, she was a good four seconds ahead of the song.

Honestly, this doesn't hurt Ashlee an ounce. I mean, does anyone in her demo REALLY watch SNL?

Anyone above the age of 16, yeah she has prolly lost them. But her audience is below that age so she will come out of this untouched.