TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BUTT

Ashlee Simpson on SNL

Interesting. Every time I've ever seen the moron "sing live" she hasn't actually done so. Spears is so bad that it is funny as hell. Then again even when she sings for real it's funny, so whatever.

https://home.comcast.net/~mr.mojo/Oops.wmv

There is an even better video of what happened tonight, with the ending statement from Ashlee at the end of it.

Guest Nanks
Ha, go to her official website and check out the forum. :)

Perhaps a link?? Is there anyone there ripping on her or are all her little fans defending her with really relevant lines like, "let's see you get up and sing live on National TV".

Guest Coffey

Perhaps a link?? Is there anyone there ripping on her or are all her little fans defending her with really relevant lines like, "let's see you get up and sing live on National TV".

Both ends of the spectrum. Drastically even. There's no middle ground whatsoever.

Ashlee Simpson website

Yeah, she is being ripped to shreds in there. The mods are deleting the posts but the posters seem well faster than the mods.

Guest JRE

I bet her band is real happy that she blamed the whole thing on them.

Of course, they did sign up for the band with knowledge they'd never get to be anyone anyways...

Guest Nanks

The mods are deleting the posts?!? That's hilarious. That's encouraging me to waste a few minutes trolling it.

I always feel bad for the people in Ashlee and Hilary's band etc.

You know they dreamed they were going to be doing something cool and playing awesome music but instead they have to learn the chords to Come Clean to play in front of screaming little girls every night.

Gotta suck.

The mods are deleting the posts?!? That's hilarious. That's encouraging me to waste a few minutes trolling it.

Don't bother, the board already has enough trollers handling it. Some people are actual fans who are disappointed more in the fact that she blamed her band.

The lip synching? They don't care.

Blaming the band? Now we have an issue.

Which begs the question, did the band for Milli Vanilli actually play or was that all a lie as well??

Guest JRE

They could always use this SNL thing to...like...ditch Ashley- saying they purposely botched the performance to hurt her career. Then form their own hardcore/punk/whatevertheywannado band and...

....be forgotten about in 3 weeks.

Damage control is in full effect. Apparently, no SNL replay of tonight cause I'm not getting one.

Gotta suck for Jude Law, he was stuck on the SNL that may never see the light of day ever again.

I finally checked it out and wow, she handled it like a real winner huh? First she runs off stage and then she blames her band. Wow. That is pretty messed up.

Worst yet? Some of her "fans", which now can officially be called sheep, are siding with her and claiming this wouldn't have happened if she had a better band.

Man, Ashlee better not ride on a bus with all of those guys.

10/23/2004 11:57:07 PM  - by Color Of Darkness

What happened to real bands that play real music. Ashlee Simpson and all these other bands that play this crap ass music then have to lip sync should be shot. Fucking MTV is shoving this manufactured pop music to all the kids and they believe that someone like Jo Jo for instance is something special. I bet she lip sincs too.

They gotta show it again. They can either keep it as is or show the dress version, cut Bear City and show the dress good nights.

I want to see Hardball rerun!

They gotta show it again. They can either keep it as is or show the dress version, cut Bear City and show the dress good nights.

I dunno Bob, they might figure they have no reason to re-run it and might feel really bad for her.

Not to mention, doesn't it make Lorne look bad that he even allowed her to do this on a show called Saturday night LIVE?

Guest Coffey
Milli Vanilli played to a tape and just lip synched.

One time they were playing and Girl You Know It's True started skipping.

Big difference though. Milli Vanilli never sung the song. Someone else did. They tried to "get the glory" from it with their "look." Someone else sang the song and they lip-synced over it.

Although it was a studio manufactured piece of shit, Ashlee at least sung the original Pieces of Me. As far as I know anyway.

I dunno Bob, they might figure they have no reason to re-run it and might feel really bad for her.

Not to mention, doesn't it make Lorne look bad that he even allowed her to do this on a show called Saturday night LIVE?

People are going to want to see it again.

They reran LL a couple times when they realised how huge Debbie Downer had become.

The difference between this and the Sinead O'Connor/Martin Lawrence stuff is that the other two had tons of viewer complaints and blindsided Lorne with their content so they had to edit it out.

This was just funny and I don't think SNL really cares about being nice to Ashlee. They gotta show it again. People are gonna want to see it.

Big difference though. Milli Vanilli never sung the song. Someone else did. They tried to "get the glory" from it with their "look." Someone else sang the song and they lip-synced over it.

Although it was a studio manufactured piece of shit, Ashlee at least sung the original Pieces of Me. As far as I know anyway.

I know that.

I was just telling people what the infamous Milli Vanilli incident was.

People are going to want to see it again.

They reran LL a couple times when they realised how huge Debbie Downer had become.

The difference between this and the Sinead O'Connor/Martin Lawrence stuff is that the other two had tons of viewer complaints and blindsided Lorne with their content so they had to edit it out.

This was just funny and I don't think SNL really cares about being nice to Ashlee. They gotta show it again. People are gonna want to see it.

Then why not show the replay?

See, that confuses me. Why show a different one and not the same episode if people want to see her do it again?

Either that or NBC/SNL just got the worlds faster cease and desist order.

Man, it almost looks like the band is pulling a prank on her if you keep watching the video. When she walks off stage and they are playing, they're like smiling at each other and shit. Of course that doesn't explain how the vocals started so soon.

Guest Coffey

I know that.

...and I was stating why it was a bigger deal.

I don't see what Ashlee Simpson's lawyers could do. They don't really have a case.

Treble charged is watching the West Coast Feed on Global Edmonton- I can't wait to see what they do. The review should be up in a few minutes.

I know that.

...and I was stating why it was a bigger deal.

Let's be honest here.

Who DIDN'T know Milli Vanilli was not singing? Seriously?