TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BUTT

Ashlee Simpson on SNL

This is about as sickening as Jimmy Fallon.

Well, not quite as sickening, but it's right fucking behind it. I'm on Pacific time and am waiting for the fuckup. Thanks to those who posted links to the original airing. Fucking hilarious shit!

::defends Jimmy::

::DA rips him apart::

::defends Jimmy again::

::DA admits he just hates the guy::

::Agrees to disagree::

Hey- at least Jimmy sang live on SNL. :-)

Hey- at least Jimmy sang live on SNL. :-)

... and his songs are about as funny as Maya Rudolph.

I'm saddened that there is an Ashlee Simpson message board, but moreso that it has moderators.

At least she's cuter than Hilary Duff. *waits for venomous reply from child stalking Barron*

Ok Bob,

List of horrible things on SNL

1) Sinead O'Conner rips up picture of pope

2)Ashlee Simpson lip synchs, then rolls her band out to dry

3) Jimmy Fallon-90% of what he has ever done on the show.

There.

By the way, I just saw the West Coast feed and they edited out her opening lines of "Pieces of Me" and just showed her do her goofy dance.

Jimmy's songs kicked ass. Christmas Day was classic.

And that song montage gave us 'Thanks Charles Rocket.'

I'm too tired to rant about you saying Ashlee is hotter then Hilary but it's funny that Ashlee dissed Hilary a few times and she's the one who gets exposed on live TV

Ok Bob,

List of horrible things on SNL

1) Sinead O'Conner rips up picture of pope

2)Ashlee Simpson lip synchs, then rolls her band out to dry

3) Jimmy Fallon-90% of what he has ever done on the show.

There.

By the way, I just saw the West Coast feed and they edited out her opening lines of "Pieces of Me" and just showed her do her goofy dance.

Did I just hear you admit that 10% of what Jimmy did was not horrible?

I think we see a breakthrough! :)

They spun the West Coast feed to attempt and make the band look like they pulled a prank on Ashlee.

There's too many ways for Ashlee's PR to spin this, even if it is true. I don't know if it's normal or not, but they also synched the band playing behind her, which made them look like complete jackasses as she walked off the stage, leaving them grinning like idiots to cover up the tape.

Fallon wasn't bad to me at first. His songs, while I don't like them nearly as much as anyone in the world, are at least original. I'll give him that. It's just that when he would break character from skits and not recover, as a former onstage performer, it irks me when that happens.

Regardless, Ashlee is trash more for her unprofessionalism with walking off the stage and then hanging the band out to dry at the end of the show. The lip synching is whipped cream on the sundae.

Guest JRE
They spun the West Coast feed to attempt and make the band look like they pulled a prank on Ashlee.

Oh, really? Well in that case I better take a look at the videos on the internet..

In other words, NBC just wimped out.

I know why her band was smiling, they were embarassed as hell. Ever had one of those times when you are sooo ashamed and feel so stupid all you can do is smile and pray for it to end?

Ding ding ding.

Regardless, Ashlee is trash more for her unprofessionalism with walking off the stage and then hanging the band out to dry at the end of the show.

She covered up the fact that she lip-synched.

Which is the better scenario for her publicist?

1. Ashlee apologizes for lip-synching, media attacks her.

2. Ashlee blames it on her band, made it look like they pulled a prank; media outlets could fall for it.

It's not going to hurt their stock as legitimate musicians - they're backing up Ashlee Simpson, for crying out loud.

Guest JRE

After reviewing an internet posted video....I'm quite sure I saw the same thing both times. But I'm watching an Arizona feed...it could be different elsewhere.

After reviewing an internet posted video....I'm quite sure I saw the same thing both times. But I'm watching an Arizona feed...it could be different elsewhere.

The vocals didn't start on the Oregon feed; from the video posted on the blog DH provided, the lyrics were there.

A question I have is were they her regular band that she tours with or were they some token SNL band people who can play anything?

It's her regular band - I recognized the Hawaiian guy who I've met before.

Guest JRE

Yeah, when I watched it on TV the vocals to Pieces of Me started and the band didn't start playing right away. So it clearly wasn't 'spun' here...

Yeah, you can hear the words of the song playing and they keep going making her look foolish.

She COULD spin it as a prank, if no one on the east coast actually saw it and HEARD her "singing" even though she wasn't singing.

Then again, does she even HAVE to spin it? Seriously? Are the fans of Ashlee even going to care she can't really sing?

She sang "Pieces of Me", just not live on SNL. That is where she gets flack on this board. In general, this is probrably a dead issue.

If for some reason the media takes this and runs with it, she'll probrably play the self deprecating humor card and make fun of it when the second season of her show starts back up on MTV (if there is a second season) or they'll have her make fun of it during some commercials she shoots. Either way, her singing and music still suck ass, recorded or live.

People in the northwest are reporting seeing the unedited footage, as well.

San Francisco Bay Area KNTV reporting edited footage, sirs.

Thanks for the correction. I am watching the San Francisco feed you just mentioned. Just assumed everyone on the West Coast was getting the edited version.

Jimmy's songs kicked ass. Christmas Day was classic.

"Idiot Boyfriend" is the worst song ever. Sandler >>> Fallon. See: "Ode to my Car".

I'm too tired to rant about you saying Ashlee is hotter then Hilary but it's funny that Ashlee dissed Hilary a few times and she's the one who gets exposed on live TV

Bob, I was kidding. I don't give two shits which horrid "teen sensation" is hot this week. Ashlee, Hilary and Avril could be on a "First Hair Down There" tour and run out of gas in Deliverance-ville, and I probably wouldn't care.

2Gold's sig is one of the best things ever.

Ashleey Simpson should be deported for multiple reasons:

1) That ridiculous dance she does multiple times when he lip-sync track started playing.

2) The awful "cool" look/clothes of her and her band.

3) Lip Syncing.

4) Blaming it on the band.

5) Showing her face at the end of the show.

Ashleey Simpson should be deported for multiple reasons:

1) That ridiculous dance she does multiple times when he lip-sync track started playing.

2) The awful "cool" look/clothes of her and her band.

3) Lip Syncing.

4) Blaming it on the band.

5) Showing her face at the end of the show.

1) Is doing a hoedown what all the kids do these days when there's a big clusterfuck? Suckas gotta know...

2) Yeah, it was about as fashionable as Maria's outfits on The Apprentice.

3) Not a bad idea - they don't care about lip-synching overseas. But could she take Jessica with her? She ruined another of my favourite songs with her suck-the-life-out-of-it rendition of "Angels"...

4) She needs to blame her sound guy as well, as her band played way louder than her vocal track. Actually, non-singing aside, it's pretty much all on Sound Guy for the snafu.

5) Well, she's no better or worse looking than Maya (not a compliment btw) but really it's the only thing she could have done to try and get some heat back. The only problem? It was a Shockmaster-like goof.

Guest Flyboy
1) Is doing a hoedown what all the kids do these days when there's a big clusterfuck? Suckas gotta know...

That might be the funniest thing I've seen in a while.

I was kidding Meatwad.

One of my friends said she felt sorry for Ashlee. So I gave her a list of reasons why she shouldn't.

Now she won't respond to me